Author Topic: Year round Ice fishing?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Duckbutter

• IceShanty Rookie
Year round Ice fishing?
« on: Oct 20, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Let's face, if you are a member on here you are a fishaholic, and love the hard deck.  Have any of you ever looked into ice fishing during the summer months south of the Equator to get a mid year fix?  I was just thinking to myself how awesome it would be to ice fish Jurassic Lake or other famous spots in July down in the Andes/Patagonia.  Any of you fortunate fools with ice in your veins do a trip like that?  I would love to have more info if you had.
Part time dentist, full time father and fisherman

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Re: Year round Ice fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Let's face, if you are a member on here you are a fishaholic, and love the hard deck.  Have any of you ever looked into ice fishing during the summer months south of the Equator to get a mid year fix?  I was just thinking to myself how awesome it would be to ice fish Jurassic Lake or other famous spots in July down in the Andes/Patagonia.  Any of you fortunate fools with ice in your veins do a trip like that?  I would love to have more info if you had.

For a second there I thought you said, "Ice fish Jurassic Park" XD but yeah I would totally want to ice fish year-round like that... if I could afford the trips
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Duckbutter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2014, 05:21 PM »
 I am not in the economic situation to be able to afford trips like that right now, but I HAVE NEVER heard of anyone ice fishing anywhere in South America.  i would love to hear a first hand report.  it should be feasible as well for the adventurous and affluent.
Part time dentist, full time father and fisherman

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2014, 06:11 PM »
ice year around , just think on how long of a auger you would need

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:08 PM »
now you can ice fish year if you do like Dave Genz's did. check this out.

http://fishing.scout.com/story/1458098-holey-boat?s=197

I seen Dave's boat in person at Clams Pro Staff Day and I have to say it was ingenious of Dave to come up with this.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:24 PM »
The top of the hole on Daves boat must have pretty good seal , I would imagine hull performance is out the door. Looks like a lot of fun though.

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Not year round but in colorado the only months you can't ice fish are July, August, & September.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2014, 01:56 AM »
now you can ice fish year if you do like Dave Genz's did. check this out.

http://fishing.scout.com/story/1458098-holey-boat?s=197

I seen Dave's boat in person at Clams Pro Staff Day and I have to say it was ingenious of Dave to come up with this.

I recall watching a video someone posted quite some time ago of a guy fishing thru a pipe in his boat with a palm rod. Not so sure Dave came up with this.......maybe improved upon it.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2014, 03:13 AM »
I never even thought of that and wouldn't even know where to begin to start looking to go.  Now why didn't I think of that before?   ???

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Fishslap, you must be from the north park never summer country area of Colorado. @)    Nice area. :)  Happy trails  ;)  IceHutt :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.