Author Topic: Clam hub parts?  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Jessechop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam hub parts?
« on: Oct 20, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Anyone know where to get Clam hub parts, other than directly through Clam? One of the little ball ends broke, Clam does not sell just the ball end rather the entire hub with rods. I would buy the entire hub, other than it is out of stock.....thus any leads?

This thing has been a headache from the day I took it out of the box  :'(

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam hub parts?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2014, 07:40 PM »
Have you tried to call them? Although when I did I ended up finally getting an answering machine asking me to leave a message ::). They may actually have those little pieces on a shelf but don't list them on their website. Might be worth it to try. Or send an e-mail.
Clam also builds the Cabela's line of hub shelters. Maybe you could get the corresponding piece from cabelas, they're more of a service orientated company.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:20 PM »
Anyone know where to get Clam hub parts, other than directly through Clam? One of the little ball ends broke, Clam does not sell just the ball end rather the entire hub with rods. I would buy the entire hub, other than it is out of stock.....thus any leads?

you can only get replacement parts from Clam for the hubs. when did you buy the hub and do you happen to have the receipt yet. if it is in the warranty period yet they will most likely replace the entire house for a new one if you provide the info they request when you talk to them.

here is the phone number and email address for customer service :

1-800-ICE-FISH

[email protected]
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline VTWoodchuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2014, 12:28 AM »

The rods are cheap on their website but if you call Clam's customer support at 1-800-ice-fish they'll most likely send you what you need.  I have owned two Clam shelters and found their customer service to be really outstanding.   Unfortunately they need to be because they're products seem to have kinks that need to get worked out right out of the box.  Once you get them sorted out you should have a shelter you'll be very happy with.  It's just a shame their production line isn't as good as their customer support folks. 
“Anyone can be a fisherman in May.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:12 AM »
I have had luck by Emailing them in the past . But since they built their new website they have neglected to put an Email link ...they do make mention of it in their FAQ section ...buried ...   [email protected]  I would snap some pics sent them an Email . Good Luck.

from their FAQ

Q: What if I want a product that is not listed or I cannot find on your website?

Please contact us via email at [email protected] with your request. Please include your contact information as well as a detailed description of what you are looking for and we will contact you.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Jessechop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2014, 06:28 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping to not have to deal with them. I guess I will have to give them a call

I bought the shelter (XL4000T) last Dec. Arrived on a Friday and I was excited to use it the very next day, other than the roof wouldn't stay popped up. If you did get the roof to pop up one wall would kick in...

Email to Clam, wait, wait, wait. Call Clam, wait some more. Call Gander Mtn to return the $350 investment, they say call Clam. Clam calls me on a Saturday 2 weeks to the day after purchasing, says I can send it back or he will guide me through how to fix it. He was very helpful, however it was another few hours of popping it up, taking it down, trim the rods, etc. Finally I got it working right. Fished it a couple times and then put the permi out....this fall, first set up the ball breaks.  :'(

Offline Jessechop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2014, 12:28 PM »
And an email fired off to Clam and a new ball is in the mail, under warranty. Good customer service

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2014, 04:07 PM »
And an email fired off to Clam and a new ball is in the mail, under warranty. Good customer service
Good for you, looks like e-mail might be the best way to contact them. I've called them 2x and have yet to speak with a representative. I ordered a 5600 replacement tent last week and it hasn't even shipped yet. I thought about getting an Ice Armor suit but... probably not.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Kitz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Had the same thing happen to me on my clam Tamarack. Got it as a gift less than a year ago. (Was bought then too). Called Gander, they told me to call Clam. Clam rep (Dean) stated they hadn't made my model for 2-3 years and with no recipt, nor him or I could prove when it was bought. But he would gladly SELL me a pole kit which I would have to modify to use (25 bucks).  Only need the ball that goes on the end. If someone knows if you can just buy the end, please let me know.  Customer service wasn't very helpful or willing to be.  Going to explore other brands next time.

Offline Kitz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Update. I sent an email to customer service stating what had happened and my experience dealing with the rep on the phone. I got a timely reply by both phone call and email.  The rep apologized for what I had been told and would get me a new pole and end shipped to me right away. Happy with the outcome.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.