Author Topic: St paul ice show  (Read 714 times)

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
St paul ice show
« on: Oct 17, 2014, 11:31 PM »
Is this worth a five hour drive to see or should i just go to the big sports stores ( BP,scheels,etc)?
Red screens and tight lines!!😀😀

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: St paul ice show
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2014, 11:43 PM »
If it was only a five hour drive for me I would not hesitate. Why not? If you're interested in a product you can ask an company rep.  A sporting store can't offer that

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2014, 08:36 PM »
It's a 5 hour drive for me and I plan to go back.  I had a ball and there were plenty of bargains to be had if you're willing to look.  It's a long drive up & back in the same day so I'm planning to spend the night but I'm planning to go back again this year. 
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline crappie-attitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lizard Lake Fishing Team
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2014, 09:17 PM »
2 years ago,  I drove up and back the same day (four hour drive one way).   Well worth the trip, at least once.    May go again this year depending on ice conditions, rather fish if there is fishable ice.    My daughter went along and she was amazed at the number of people for an ice fishing show.   

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2014, 10:48 PM »
I have worked at the show the last three years and it is always a good time. well worth the drive. not only is the major brands and companies there but there is other smaller companies there too that have stuff for the fishing world too. sometimes you won't find their products in the big box stores. one such company is Lilly River Foods. they have a line of breading for fish and other stuff and only sell at shows and online.  I personally use their products after trying them last year and speaking with them about their products. the seminars at the show feature some of the best ice fishermen and women in the industry and they are worth the trip along, a lot of knowledge in the group of seminar speakers. you should make the trip atleast once if you have never been there. you won't be disappointed.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline FishingFever!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Yes!!! Drove 4hrs last year for the first time. It won't be missed ever again! Buy the wife something real nice before you! It's hard not walk away with pile of new gear!

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2014, 02:25 PM »
Planning on making the 7.5 hour trip one way.   Just have to check it out. 

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2014, 03:30 PM »
Yes!!! Drove 4hrs last year for the first time. It won't be missed ever again! Buy the wife something real nice before you! It's hard not walk away with pile of new gear!

Don't know if you heard about this or not but there will be a show in Milwaukee this year. it is the weekend after the st paul show. it is put on by the same promoter and will feature all the same stuff as st paul.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2014, 07:25 PM »
http://www.gsevents.com/shows/display.cfm?showid=110

It's true.  I'm tempted to save the 5 hour drive and just go to Milwaukee which is only 1 hour away.  My only concern is Milwaukee may not have the same number of vendors, seminars, or sales since it's the first year. 
I guess I'll have to try to make BOTH shows just to be sure I don't miss anything.  If I bring my Wife to St. Paul maybe she'll go easy on me.  Maybe we can squeeze in a trip to the Mall while we're up there.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2014, 10:56 AM »
I'm new to ice fishing last year and was thinking about making the trip up there this year. From what I've heard and read it would be worth it. Looking forward to it.
My Daddy always said keep it simple stupid. Words to live by

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.