The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Winnebago  (Read 1421 times)

Offline icewiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Winnebago
« on: Oct 17, 2014, 08:17 PM »
    Couple of us fisherman planning a trip to Winny last week in Dec. for some eyes or anything that is biting .Can anyone tell me which part of the lake will be the best to start never been there before and is there any cabins to rent on the lake? Thanks Guys

Offline spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Winnebago
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2014, 09:33 PM »
I personally would try a different lake ole lady bago is a hard lake to understand and most can not figure it out in just a few days! I think a guide would be a good start if u plan a trip here!
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

Offline ZodiacWI

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2014, 09:38 PM »
I personally would try a different lake ole lady bago is a hard lake to understand and most can not figure it out in just a few days! I think a guide would be a good start if u plan a trip here!

He's right. I have not lived on the Bago chain long, only a few years, but it has taken me that long to really jus  begin to understand the lake. I lived in Racine for my entire life before this, and it took a long time to understand lake Michigan.

You can follow Lake Link, and do a ton of research every weekend.

Or a guide. I fish two or three times a week, then every weekend, and I target five main bodies or water, then I use things like Lake Link, and my high speed sonar passes (Lowrance GET!) to get an idea of where I want to fish, soft or hard water.

Offline icewiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:59 AM »
  Thanks guys what guide would you recommend and what about lodging?

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2014, 04:46 PM »
    Couple of us fisherman planning a trip to Winny last week in Dec. for some eyes or anything that is biting .Can anyone tell me which part of the lake will be the best to start never been there before and is there any cabins to rent on the lake? Thanks Guys

What fish are you targeting? The bay of Green Bay was some very good ice fishing. Good advice was given > check lake-link .com

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2014, 08:55 PM »
End of december could be iffy out there as far as ice conditions go. The east side of the lake usually has safer ice first. Most lodging you are gonna find is gonna be on the south, west, or north side ie.. fond du lac, oshkosh, appleton. As for guides i would say that larry smith is the tops when it comes to bago. another that comes to mind is nolan from top gun charters, or mr bluegill. a group of us took larry out last year and we had a good time. put a lot of fish on the ice and had a good meal.

Offline icewiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2014, 02:05 PM »
   Going to target walleye I think will go with Nolan from top gun's any advice from anyone that has gone out with any of the guides and where to stay ?  thanks guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.