The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Trout and Togue  (Read 2315 times)

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trout and Togue
« on: Oct 16, 2014, 09:59 AM »
I've been scouting around for a couple of day before winter and am looking for places near oxford with good togue or trout action. Im trying to stay away from thompson lake because of all the restrictions. Are there any other good places near me?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Trout and Togue
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Update your profile with your location so people can answer your question!! ::) You can't get there from here!!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Update your profile with your location so people can answer your question!! ::) You can't get there from here!!! ;D

Your profile only says southwest Ohio. That covers a lot of ground including jail.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:39 AM »
 How is someone supposed to answer his question if they don't know where he is?? We don't ask for street addresses for goodness sakes!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Oxford is pretty specific.
Are profiles your pet peeve ?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:45 AM »
That's because he updated his profile!! You came in too late and don't know what went on!! When you update your profile, it shows all the way back to the first post!! Have a great winter wherever you are!! Bye!!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:56 AM »
I've been scouting around for a couple of day before winter and am looking for places near oxford with good togue or trout action. Im trying to stay away from thompson lake because of all the restrictions. Are there any other good places near me?
Thanks for your update!! Hope you find plenty of places to fish near you! Have a great ice season!! :icefish:

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2014, 12:18 PM »
How is someone supposed to answer his question if they don't know where he is?? We don't ask for street addresses for goodness sakes!!

For the record, we did know where he was.  He posted on the Maine board, and said "looking for places near oxford with good togue or trout action. Im trying to stay away from thompson lake because of all the restrictions".  Most of us in Maine know where Oxford is, and most of us who fish anywhere in that area know Thompson lake as well.  Just sayin'...

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2014, 12:43 PM »
Thanks for that!! You have many good places to fish up there! I know because I was stationed at NAS Brunswick at one time! My bad for misreading his post and missing Oxford!! I have nothing but fond memories of fishing and hunting in Maine!! I loved fishing Pleasant Pond near Gardiner!! Tight lines And have a great ice season!! :tipup:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2014, 01:29 PM »
They have a sayin', " He's not from here".       I've got people there & stay away.     :-X

What's round at both ends & like a doper in the middle ?      No response required.   lol

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2014, 01:48 PM »
Has anyone tried Pleasant lake is Otisfield I found the report but its from 1969  :-\

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2014, 06:07 PM »
I've fished it twice and been skunked both times.

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2014, 05:37 PM »
Sebago  ....but some years it doesn't freeze.

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Any specific areas of sebago? I just started trout and togue fishing and have only fished for for pike and bass.

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2014, 11:34 AM »
There are Togue and fishermen everywhere . The greater part of the lake has poor access.....people don't want you to park on
their road.

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2014, 12:04 PM »
Any other recommendations for near me? Middle range?

Offline NickM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2014, 04:00 PM »
I'm new to the Oxford area, originally from Southwest NH. I happen to live right by Thompson Lake, so that's where I plan on fishing this year for the most part. I'd rather spend my time on the ice than driving to and from another lake. I don't have the rule book in front of me, but as I remember, the restrictions on Thompson are 2 lines per angler and Salmon have to go back. If I remember right, it's 2 togue per day, but the size limit is only 16 inches.

I guess I'm curious to hear how the fishing is on Pennesseewasee. I moved up in March, and I saw a lot of folks on the ice. I know they stock that and the Range ponds with rainbows.  I'd like to try Sebago at least once, but the only access point I've used in the warm months is from the state park. If anyone knows of some good public access to get to some decent fishing on the north half of the lake, I'd love to hear where.

Honestly, I'm almost happier catching pickerel and perch if the action is fast than waiting all day for a trout. If anyone knows some fast fishing lakes/ponds in Andro/Oxford/Cumberland county, I'd love to hear about it.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2014, 05:09 PM »
They have a sayin', " He's not from here".     

More like: “Naught frem around heah, ah ya?”  I gis prubly Idahogator ain’t frem around heah.  ;D
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Along with--- You canna get theya from heah!!

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:43 AM »
From what I have heard Norway lake is very slow during the winter but some of my friends have said Little Pennesseewasee Is pretty good. I have done some scouting so far and i have a pretty good list of lakes to visit this year. Panther pond in raymond ,Crystal lake in harrison, Middle range in poland ,Highland pond in falmouth ,Thomas pond in casco ,Pleasant lake in otisfield ,trickey pond in Naples ,and Little pennesseewasee in norway. Anyone have their favorites in this list? Which ones are better than others?

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Oct 30, 2014, 07:47 AM »
I am mainly looking for togue lakes where the action isn't extremely slow the fish don't need to be big. Are there any lakes like that need me or am i dreaming?

Offline FranklinsTowerFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 03, 2014, 09:27 AM »
No togue but I fish Worthely Pond in Peru after Jan 1. Not super close to Oxford but worth the drive if you want to catch a fat brown, rainbow or squaretail.

Last winter I had a 22 inch brown and a 20 inch brookie there.

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #22 on: Nov 04, 2014, 08:19 PM »
Your profile only says southwest Ohio. That covers a lot of ground including jail.

Errrrrr. Hey! Not funny
Here fishy fishy fishy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.