The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Altoona Field and Stream store  (Read 1055 times)

Offline davef

• Team IceShanty Regular
Altoona Field and Stream store
« on: Oct 14, 2014, 01:51 PM »
Stopped in today to look around.  They has some ice gear out.  At least 2 shanties, 2 Eskimo gas augers and other gear.   Didn't buy anything as there was a line of about 20 people waiting to check out.

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Altoona Field and Stream store
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2014, 01:57 PM »
They just had a Grand Opening for a store in my area, but didn't go because I don't do huge crowds! How do you like Field and Stream as far as prices and product variety go??
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline davef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:08 PM »
I didn't see any bargains.  They did have signs up everywhere for buy one lure get one for 50% off.  The signs were up above the ice fishing items as well as lures.  They did have some tungsten jigs but the price was around $2 each if I remember right.  They did have a lot of inline rod and reel outfits.  Cheapest was $35 or so up to about $70 I believe.

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:17 PM »
Thanks, Debating if it's worth the drive and the crowd to check out!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Like anywhere else, wait until late January/February, and you'll find the deals.  The Cranberry TWP store in Butler County had some  great deals on gear last year.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:29 PM »
The Altoona store did have some decent things this early in the season.  Did not buy any ice fishing things yet, but it is close to home, so will get some items from here and Tackle Shack.  Did speak to a guy about ice fishing there on Friday for about 30 minutes…can't wait...

Offline skipper4080

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2014, 10:11 AM »
If you are in the store and can't find something tell a store employee they will write the item down and get it in, they are not sure what the ice fisherman want. They want feedback from ice fisherman so they know what to order.
Never get excited there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is??

Offline tonstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Pretty decent selection, picked up a Clam auger drill plate.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.