FishUSA Ice Fishing Gear

Author Topic: No. 8 Tackle Cold Gear Inline Ice Reels  (Read 2575 times)

Offline FishUSA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Questions/Comments for FishUSA
No. 8 Tackle Cold Gear Inline Ice Reels
« on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:48 AM »
What are your thoughts on this reel? FishUSA has been selling a number of these reels already. They are a great reel for the price!

http://www.fishusa.com/Product/No-8-Tackle-Cold-Gear-Inline-Ice-Reels

FishUSA Staff
FishUSA
America's Tackle Shop
6960 W. Ridge Rd.
Fairview, PA 16415

800.922.1219 (toll free)

[email protected] (e-mail)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: No. 8 Tackle Cold Gear Inline Ice Reels
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:57 AM »
I plan on ordering one this season. As you said, they look to be loaded with a lot of features for the price. Do you have a decent supply of them, or do you anticipate running out and not getting more in?? I'm also interested in information on the free spool feature! Thanks....
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:37 AM »
They appear to be a pretty decent reel......I like the look of it....honestly, I'm curious about the star drag.
Don't want to compare it to the first edition Eagle Claw, but that's about all I can compare it to....it needed to be modified in order to work properly.
Suppliers have had the chance to handle these in advance, spool them up, mount on a rod, give them a test run, etc..
If I could ask, I'd appreciate to hear your personal opinion on the drag and the reel in general? How does it feel mounted?   Thanks for any input.....and Thank You for sponsoring this great site.   :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline FishUSA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Questions/Comments for FishUSA
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2014, 07:49 AM »
Hey guys,

We do have a fair amount in stock at this time and more on order. We do anticipate this being a hot item this year and the more than likely the manufacturer will be out of stock early.

The reel feels great and in our opinion is better than any comparable inline reel on the market for the price. It isn't as nice as the 6061 but it's half the price.

FishUSA Staff
FishUSA
America's Tackle Shop
6960 W. Ridge Rd.
Fairview, PA 16415

800.922.1219 (toll free)

[email protected] (e-mail)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Thank You for the reply ....and once again, Thank You for your sponsorship here on IceShanty!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Thank You for the reply ....and once again, Thank You for your sponsorship here on IceShanty!
X2--- Think I've made up my mind on the No. 8 GCI reel!! Now to work it into my budget!!  ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.