The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Drill Auger Conversion Plates Are Back!  (Read 1520 times)

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
Drill Auger Conversion Plates Are Back!
« on: Oct 11, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Just to let everyone know.  I had a Clam Drill Auger Conversion Plate on backorder from Bass Pro Shops (because that's where the gift card was from) and I just received notification that the conversion plate finally came in and has been shipped to my house.  That means that the long wait for these is over!  Clam sold out of these within just a few months last year and I have been waiting for them to come back in stock ever since the middle of last season.

I have my Milwaukee 2604-22 4.0aH hammer drill charged and ready!  I tried someones out last year and the quickness of the drilling, the low level of noise created, the lack of smelly gas, and most importantly, the weight, is awesome!  For quick runs out on the ice I can't wait to finally have a power auger with me on the glide lite!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Drill Auger Conversion Plates Are Back!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Mine is on its way ..hope they honored the $ 49.99 price
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2014, 06:47 PM »
I don't know.  I was only charged $49.99.  That's what the price was when it was on back order. Now everywhere that has it in stock it seems to be going for $69.99.  I was shocked that Bass Pro Shops didn't just jack up the price like they do on all of their other equipment.  They are trying to charge $69.99 for the Aqua-Vu Mopod 3.  The MSRP on Aqua-Vu's site is $59.99 and everyone, including Aqua-vu, Gander, Cabelas, etc. all sell it for $59.99....everyone except for Bass Pro. 

FYI - You don't have to buy it from Bass Pro.  The conversion plate is also in stock pretty much everywhere online....for now.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Just to let everyone know.  I had a Clam Drill Auger Conversion Plate on backorder from Bass Pro Shops (because that's where the gift card was from) and I just received notification that the conversion plate finally came in and has been shipped to my house.  That means that the long wait for these is over!  Clam sold out of these within just a few months last year and I have been waiting for them to come back in stock ever since the middle of last season.

I have my Milwaukee 2604-22 4.0aH hammer drill charged and ready!  I tried someones out last year and the quickness of the drilling, the low level of noise created, the lack of smelly gas, and most importantly, the weight, is awesome!  For quick runs out on the ice I can't wait to finally have a power auger with me on the glide lite!
                                                                      Just bought the same drill,  the thick ice will not be as bad this yr with this set-up!!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2014, 06:57 PM »
making a 15" extension so I am not on knees to finish drilling thicker ice, as last yr seen a few guys that didn't have extension and they drilled through but were almost bottomed out.

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2014, 07:26 PM »
Clam sells an extension and it's in stock.  It wont rust on you and it's only $15.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2014, 07:39 PM »
Mine wont either a buddy works in machine shop, will be solid aluminum, thanks for the heads up though.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2014, 07:44 PM »
dzlvs8  have you used the drill?  Used mine for some projects around the farm and has power to spare!!!  Battery lasts a long time(4X) built a dock and deck on the same battery!

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2014, 08:39 PM »
No I haven't used the drill.  But since it's the biggest, baddest drill you can commonly buy at home depot, I'm pretty sure its going to be impressive.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2014, 06:59 PM »
Just seen the drill on e-bay for $249 free shipping!  That's a heck of a deal!!

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:07 PM »
I got mine on Amazon for $85 bare tool (I already had the batteries and charger). Might be an option for somebody that already has the rest of it....

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:09 PM »
You got a steal if its the 2604-22  However I think any 18v drill will work OK.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Last time I checked you could still get one for under $100 (bare tool) on Amazon....

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2014, 09:23 PM »
If you are patient, you can buy a "new" Milwaukee 2604-22 on ebay via an auction for $200.  ....at least you can if you buy one before ice fishing season.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2014, 05:26 AM »
Have to watch some are" reconditioned" but I think they have same warranty as new.

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2014, 12:08 PM »
Have to watch some are" reconditioned" but I think they have same warranty as new.
The reconditioned ones are easy to spot when.  When they are reconditioned by Milwaukee, they remove one of the lables on the side.  I believe they come with a one year warranty.  I think that any "New", open box drill on ebay probably involves some sort of shady means of acquisition.

But like I said, you can buy new ones on ebay for $200.  When i was shopping for mine, I also noticed that you could get a reconditioned unit that is sold via an auction (not buy it now) for $150-175.  Half price isn't bad for reconditioned or lightly used.  But I went new because I like spending money.

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 17, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Was at the Grandville Cabelas yesterday...they had one Clam Conversion Plate in stock $65.  Guy said they stocked 3 and sold 2 already...i'm sure there will be more to come but who knows how many.
Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2014, 07:46 PM »
Called Cabelas in Dundee last winter and talked to a guy in fishing dept , they were out of stock and he said they only got 3 for the whole store!!

luv2fish2

« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2014, 04:37 AM »
just got my plate i too backordered it they honored the 49.95 price i like it also picked up a 18 volt fuel hammer drill bring on the ice !!!!!!

Offline dzlvs8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Oct 31, 2014, 05:50 PM »
I finally connected my drill to the plate.  It's SO much better than a blg clunky gas auger.  I will enjoy catching more fish than everyone else this year.  No more gas smell on my hands and lures and no more loud gas augers.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:05 PM »
Got my plate some time ago and BPS did honor the $49.99 price . I haven't placed my 20 v DeWalt on it yet as I have some projects to do with it before dedicating to the plate . 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2014, 10:15 AM »
I was just at the cabelas in grandville....Fyi they have 4 Clam conversion plates in stock as of November 1.
Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.