Author Topic: new toy  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
new toy
« on: Oct 09, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Picked up an lx5 today! Hope its a good upgrade from my vx1!
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

http://www.peotoneweather.com/

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new toy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2014, 10:43 PM »
You'll like it awesome unit!

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2014, 02:13 PM »
I love my LX7.  Marcum's products are good and I'd bet the LX5 is a good product too.
That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Picked up an lx5 today! Hope its a good upgrade from my vx1!

I have had the LX5 for 4 years now and it is really a reliable product. you will not be sorry you bought it.

HIMO
                                                                                               Iceshanty & MFF Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Musky50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2014, 03:40 PM »
A buddy of mine has an LX5..........I liked it so much I picked one up recently for this coming ice season. When fishing around other guys his interference rejection is outstanding......can't wait to get on the ice!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2014, 05:59 PM »
A buddy of mine has an LX5..........I liked it so much I picked one up recently for this coming ice season. When fishing around other guys his interference rejection is outstanding......can't wait to get on the ice!

Glad to here about the interference reduction! That is my only complaint about my VX1. Looking forward to the sfl feature and increased power. I talked to a guy who says he only has to put the transducer 2 or 3" down, even in 18' of ice. Says he can mark fish and his jig within a foot of the ice at willow slough.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2014, 05:17 AM »
I have the VX-1 and the LX-5 both are great units and congrats on your new purchase. Though you would have been in a whole new world with the LX-7, it sure knocked me out when I compared the units on the ice. Also I always have my transducer just barely in the water on any unit and can pick up my jig just below the ice. Once again congrats on the LX-5!

Poorboy

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Comparing which units, Poorboy, the 1 to the 5 or the 5 to the 7?

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Comparing the 5 to the 7. I personally find it easier on the eyes looking at the LCD screen on the 3 color palette.

Poorboy

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2014, 05:22 PM »
I guess I have to see one in action. Could be next years upgrade.

I saw Glenn over the weekend down on the river, I gotta get on the slough with you guys this year.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Good luck with your new Marcum...I'm a Vex guy myself....turn down that power aye,,,, Ice electronics are  a great investment in catching more fish,,   ENJOY IT!!    and stay 20 ft away from me....LOL
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2014, 06:03 PM »
Dont sit by me, i have a vex   ;)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2014, 03:57 PM »
I have never had a problem with my vex. I fished in the same shanty with 2 vexes, and never got interference from the guy next to me. I believe there are like 12 modes to change flux waves. I do believe in always having my vexilar when fishing. Has more than doubled my fish success.

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2014, 04:11 PM »
I do believe in always having my vexilar when fishing. Has more than doubled my fish success.

Agreed. I would not go without it.

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2014, 12:20 AM »
3 years ago bought my first flasher, a vx-1.  the next year I upgraded to a lx-6.  hated it.  bought my vx-1 back from my buddy.  For as much as I used it, and for what I needed it for the lx-6 was over kill.  But you're going to have a great time no matter what MARCUM product you use.  Lol, never used a vex, just pitching Marcum based on the happiness I've had in their product.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2014, 04:01 AM »
That sounds more like a love hate relationship you've had so far with Marcum lol. What didn't you like about the lX6?

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2014, 05:09 AM »
My eyes aren't quite opened yet.....thought I read that someone hated an LX6 over an VX-1.  ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2014, 06:31 AM »
Youi don't have to use ALL the features, every time out.  Set it up like a flasher, if that's what you like - switch to graph once in a while to get some idea of what it can do - same with the vertical display.  I love my 7 - went there from an LX5

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2014, 09:30 AM »
Youi don't have to use ALL the features, every time out.  Set it up like a flasher, if that's what you like - switch to graph once in a while to get some idea of what it can do - same with the vertical display.  I love my 7 - went there from an LX5

I think what I disliked the most was the vast array of features and settings.  I spent more time playing around with everything than actually jigging.  I love the simplicity of the VX-1 because I can set it and concentrate on fishing.  The LX-6 is a great unit, just a lot more than what I needed.  It worked exactly like it was supposed too, so I really can't say anything bad about it except it wasn't right for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.