Author Topic: Picked up my new ride today….  (Read 3435 times)

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Picked up my new ride today….
« on: Oct 09, 2014, 05:31 PM »
They're predicting another long snowy season so I sold my Bravo to a fellow up in Thompson (sold in 2 hours over the phone!) and then ordered this 2015 VentureMP……more power and more options like electric start, reverse, heated grips for driver and passenger, liquid cooled etc…….and best of all……it's BLUE  ;D
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Picked up my new ride today….
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2014, 06:13 PM »
SAWEEEET!!  I looked for a smilie called ENVIOUS but didn't find one.  These will have to do.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2014, 06:55 PM »
Will it go 100MPH??? Very cool looking sled Ron.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Very nice ride Ron! You worried about the four stroke starting in the cold?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2014, 12:46 AM »
That's a great looking sled, good luck with it.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2014, 04:42 AM »
That's a great looking ride, congratulations, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2014, 05:18 AM »
Nice, hope she serves you well...  :thumbsup:
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2014, 04:40 PM »
Very nice ride Ron! You worried about the four stroke starting in the cold?
I was told that this was a problem in the past but now that Yamaha has engineered their new 4 strokes to alleviate that problem. They've been producing 4 stroke sleds for over 10 years now. Guess I'll see for myself. The back rack is big enough to carry my generator and I had a block heater installed just in case  ;)

Thanks guys for all the kind words  :thumbsup:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2014, 04:45 PM »
I need a towel to catch my drool..... :P  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2014, 09:13 PM »
looks pretty  ;),you will have a blast this season.

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2014, 12:40 AM »
nice ride, I have a 2004 apex 1000 4 stroke and have had no trouble starting it in cold weather with a good battery in it.

Offline Andre1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2014, 12:53 AM »
Very, very nice Ron!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:52 AM »
Huge upgrade over the bravo, although it won't hold its value like a bravo, nothing will, those sleds don't seem to depreciate! I've owned four yamaha 4-strokes, they always start, even better than many 2-strokes
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Bunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "when in doubt,set the hook!"
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2014, 10:17 AM »
That's one sweet ride!!!

Offline back2backcrappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Very nice sled. I've seen pics of your previous machine, that's a nice upgrade.
Are those mirrors Yamaha mirrors or after market?
I have a Polaris and the mirrors are low on the hood so most of what I see are my arms or legs. Those look like you'd get a good view of what your towing.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Very nice sled. I've seen pics of your previous machine, that's a nice upgrade.
Are those mirrors Yamaha mirrors or after market?
I have a Polaris and the mirrors are low on the hood so most of what I see are my arms or legs. Those look like you'd get a good view of what your towing.
Those mirrors come standard with the new VentureMP ……it has many options that are included like controllable heated grips for the passenger, back seat is removable to double the cargo space……etc. The only options I had to buy was a trailering cover and a block heater.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Ron thats Sweet!  No snow in ND but the ponds all froze over yesterday!  Wont be long!  Just a little deer hunting first.

Offline ChannelKat8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2014, 11:15 PM »
Nice ride BI

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2014, 05:23 AM »
On of the best things about the venture lite is it can idle all day and wont overheat and no need for snowdust to cool the heat exchangers like most snowmobiles, the venture lite has a radiator and a fan, skidoo has a few models with this type of cooling as well, really good choice in a ice fishing snowmobile.  I have the big venture gt with the fuel injected 1050cc, a few times it just shut off on me on LW due to no snowdust, nice thing about the yamahas is they won't let you over heat them, they just shut off when they hit a certain temp.  They only downside to all yamahas is they will burn through sliders like there is no tomorrow, unless there is lots of powder snow to lube them.  You can add an extra wheel kit or larger wheels to prevent this, I need to change my sliders every year!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2014, 06:48 AM »
BLUE!!!! Waaa HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

LOL! Congrats and good luck with it!  ;D

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2014, 01:00 PM »
On of the best things about the venture lite is it can idle all day and wont overheat and no need for snowdust to cool the heat exchangers like most snowmobiles, the venture lite has a radiator and a fan, skidoo has a few models with this type of cooling as well, really good choice in a ice fishing snowmobile.  I have the big venture gt with the fuel injected 1050cc, a few times it just shut off on me on LW due to no snowdust, nice thing about the yamahas is they won't let you over heat them, they just shut off when they hit a certain temp.  They only downside to all yamahas is they will burn through sliders like there is no tomorrow, unless there is lots of powder snow to lube them.  You can add an extra wheel kit or larger wheels to prevent this, I need to change my sliders every year!
Thanks for the great "heads up' tips Carcus. I already added some ice scratchers to help the sliders stay cool. This week I picked up my new HJC modular heated shield helmet, cover liner and a proper breathable/windproof/very long balaclava. Time to quit spending and start riding  ;D Blue Igloo  :tipup:
:
Ron thats Sweet!  No snow in ND but the ponds all froze over yesterday!  Wont be long!  Just a little deer hunting first.

I've got a little deer and grouse hunting to do yet too. Hopefully we have good ice by Christmas.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2014, 02:39 PM »
So you bought an "Ultra Heavy" huh?  I have lots of experience with these, and to be honest, haven't got alot of good things to say about them.  They do not burn alot of fuel, and you sure can pack it like a mule.  A few things to watch out for tho......cold weather trailering or starting.  EVERYTIME you turn the key it will cycle fuel through injectors for starting sequence.  If it does not fire, keep cranking till you here a puff.  Otherwise you will flood, and then you will have to change oil and plugs, which literally is about a 4 hour job.  You will need to take off seat, fuel tank, all air intake and some more stuff, just to get to plugs and oil filter.  Every sled will start at a different temp.  Mine will not start past -27.  It was -22, but I put one step hotter plug which has helped.  Make sure it is good and warm before you trailer.  In fact, I even have to run it on the trailer when guiding because the starting relay will freeze on a 40 minute trailer ride.   Next thing is to bring a spare battery(if you go the middle of nowhere)- because if that battery gives you issues-  You will be walking. there is no recoil.  Parking brake- make sure it is off- there is no light to tell you, and belts will burn.  Watch your rad, it will plug up in deep snow- and then overheat.  And watch out for slush- they are heavy pigs, and once stuck- you are stuck hard...impossible for one guy to lift the back end once snow and ice are built up in tunnel.    They are nose heavy, so put on the biggest ski skins you can find- and try the dart less ski system to stop it from drifting when riding.   Watch the muffler underneath in the tunnel- it will build ice under there so heavy, and can cause tunnel damage if it breaks away at once.   And keep you centre of balance, they are a pretty tippy unit.  But if you got a bad back- they ride like an old caddy.  They are great for long lake travel and keep you real comfy during the ride.  They do have their applications, and my dad loves that thing.  I can guarantee- you will feel like a thousand bucks comparative after driving that Bravo!!!!
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline back2backcrappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:57 AM »
You may want to add passenger foot rest. No idea why some 2ups don't come with them.
Mine did not and sometimes when we hit a snowdrift the passenger's foot would slip and hit the back of my leg.
The tunnel is angled downward so it makes it awkward for the passenger.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Mighty sweet new ride blue, congrats. @)
That will get you to and from your fav spots no problem.
Have fun. ;D

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.