The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: I.F.O.Y. Maine 2015  (Read 1718 times)

Offline rlgs312

• Team IceShanty Regular
I.F.O.Y. Maine 2015
« on: Oct 09, 2014, 05:11 PM »
 I was wondering if we are going to have I.F.O.Y. Maine 2015, I see TinyTim has not logged on since May. ??? :tipup:
Any day in the woods or on the water is better than ANY day at work.

Offline Sawyerjosh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I.F.O.Y. Maine 2015
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2014, 05:17 PM »
I would be willing to help or do it.  I play though and play to win.  My concern would be-what if I was to run it and won?  I know we can all see the pics, my concern would be if it was close...

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hell Ain't a bad place to be!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2014, 07:07 PM »
I would be willing to help or do it.  I play though and play to win.  My concern would be-what if I was to run it and won?  I know we can all see the pics, my concern would be if it was close...

Honor system, I sure everyone will agree that youre an honest enough guy to run the tourney and compete in it if tiny can't do it. And by the way, seen you around a couple of times over the summer. Didn't realize it was you till after.  @)

Offline rlgs312

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2014, 08:48 AM »
Tiny played also. ;D :tipup:

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2014, 05:16 AM »
Did anyone ever get refunded on the last one ?
Is it ice time yet???

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:04 AM »
I didn't.  The $ that was sent in and wasn't used on the non-refundable deposit was used for kids trophies.  I know that there were kids trophies purchased, as my niece got one.

Glad the kids got trophies - it's great that so many of them are involved and can be included in the IFOY - but I don't appreciate spending $ to go to a banquet only to have it not take place and the kids to get their trophies in the mail.  It needs to change next year.

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2014, 01:20 PM »
I say we get a commitee either by volunteering or by vote.  We need to rejuvenate this great banquet

Offline hockeynut12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Not sure what I can do to help, but I will. I have 2 kids that love ice fishing. Originally from Maine, live in MA now but keep my shack in Island Falls and stay in Patten with my grandmother a lot (when not sleeping in shack!). We come up ice fishing 2-4 weekends every month (depending on $) and stay for a week in Feb. We will at minimum participate in IFOY!
I like to walk on water.

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2014, 03:56 PM »
I didn't.  The $ that was sent in and wasn't used on the non-refundable deposit was used for kids trophies.  I know that there were kids trophies purchased, as my niece got one.

Glad the kids got trophies - it's great that so many of them are involved and can be included in the IFOY - but I don't appreciate spending $ to go to a banquet only to have it not take place and the kids to get their trophies in the mail.  It needs to change next year.

Pretty sure my son won two trophies last year. Never got them... I also offered to send money to cover shipping. I was told to bear with him. Haven't seen or heard anything.

Also I was told that the people who bought a ticket last year, will get in free this year. But who knows.?

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Don,t want to throw tiny under the bus, but seems he could have got on a computer somewhwere by now. People are wondering.
Is it ice time yet???

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2014, 06:15 AM »
Whatever has happened and do wish tiny the best whatever is going on but I agree.....its time to bring it back.I'm going to stick my nose into the banquet end of it and try and make it happen....it has always been a good time to meet/greet/have a little fun....for those that bought tickets SHOULD be honored. See what I can findout and get us back on track.
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2014, 08:30 AM »
Pretty sure my son won two trophies last year. Never got them... I also offered to send money to cover shipping. I was told to bear with him. Haven't seen or heard anything.

Also I was told that the people who bought a ticket last year, will get in free this year. But who knows.?

My niece got hers because my brother stopped by Tiny's a while back.  It was my understanding he was going to ship them out, but who knows. 

I don't think anyone got any kind of receipt for their money (I know I didn't), but either way, I don't know how we'd be able to get in for free this year unless that money still exists somewhere to go towards the next banquet.  My gut feeling is that there is no money left, and if there is going to be a banquet going forward, we're gonna have to start from scratch. 

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2014, 10:21 AM »
As a single parent myself I can understand how $$ is tight and some things you need to go without (computer) ....BUT like myself, Tiny could of gone to a friends or local library to use a computer. Just to keep us updated. After all he was the one running the banquet.   I too seriously doubt that there's any banquet $$ :-\  and even though I paid, have a feeling I'll have to pay again. (ONLY wish Tiny would of let others known that the ship was sinking)  BUT I for one would like to see a banquet committee built.....for the fact ,it's too much work for one person.  TOGETHER we can make this work, and have the biggest and best banquet yet! ;D

P.S.
Please know I do not hold a grudge against Tiny, (after all he's done alot for us in the past)   I only wish he would of told us, so we could of helped sooner.
Anyways,

WE CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST, ONLY THE FUTURE!!!!   :tipup:
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline rlgs312

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2014, 03:09 PM »
If you search back for ( 8th annual team Maine ice shanty awards banquet ) there is a list of who paided last year which should be honered some how this year. We need to do something to raise money this year, before the banquet to pay for a hall and have a date set before starting the I.F.O.Y.

This is just my thoughts.

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2014, 03:19 PM »
If you search back for ( 8th annual team Maine ice shanty awards banquet ) there is a list of who paided last year which should be honered some how this year. We need to do something to raise money this year, before the banquet to pay for a hall and have a date set before starting the I.F.O.Y.

This is just my thoughts.

Last year there was some talk about a derby for shanty members, and the proceeds going to the banquet.

Offline NorthernFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Last year there was some talk about a derby for shanty members, and the proceeds going to the banquet.

This is a hell of an idea.  I'd definitely be up for that!

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2014, 08:16 AM »
This is a hell of an idea.  I'd definitely be up for that!
x2

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 16, 2014, 09:43 AM »
Yes, Tiny bit of more than he could chew. We needed someone to run IFOY and plan the banquet, Tiny was the one to step up. He wasn't able to get the banquet off the ground last year, but at least he tried when no one else was willing to, myself included. Lets not forget about all the other years when IFOY and the banquet went off without a hitch under his leadership. Now we all know how fragile the Banquet is, and Team Maine is going to make a concentrated effort to make this year's the best one yet.
Last years trophies will be available at the 2015 banquet. While the money collected on ticket sales last year did infact go towards the making of trophies it is unfair that the ones buying tickets got nothing in return.
Dag's will honer last years tickets for 2015...but your not getting a gift bag!

-Dylan
Marcel & Dylan Larose
559 minot ave (207) 783-0388

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Im up for a shanty derby..  Where would it be?

Offline chum bucket

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2014, 02:54 AM »
Yes, Tiny bit of more than he could chew. We needed someone to run IFOY and plan the banquet, Tiny was the one to step up. He wasn't able to get the banquet off the ground last year, but at least he tried when no one else was willing to, myself included. Lets not forget about all the other years when IFOY and the banquet went off without a hitch under his leadership. Now we all know how fragile the Banquet is, and Team Maine is going to make a concentrated effort to make this year's the best one yet.
Last years trophies will be available at the 2015 banquet. While the money collected on ticket sales last year did infact go towards the making of trophies it is unfair that the ones buying tickets got nothing in return.
Dag's will honer last years tickets for 2015...but your not getting a gift bag!

-Dylan
When I stopped by Tiny's place awhile ago I'm almost certain he said that although the money for the hall was non - refundable, they (VFW Auburn) said we could have another date for 2015 for free. Also he had the 1st - 3rd place trophies for the kids and participation trophies. Adult trophies and Best Fish Species were not ordered yet. It is alot for one person to coordinate everything, I'm sure we can find a way to continue on with the banquet and IFOY!!
Semper Fi

Offline kevinmaine3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Oct 22, 2014, 07:02 PM »
I feel bad for thoese who have jobs and paid hard earned money only to be told it's free next year, and now you have to make up for... How many people paid last year???? To make it all even for this year...I'd be rather upset.. At least some of the kids got there trophies...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.