Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: whats the weather thoughts for this year  (Read 533 times)

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
whats the weather thoughts for this year
« on: Oct 07, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Hey just wondering what everyone's heard for the weather forecast this year we can all pray we have another winter like last!! My first fish came end of November ( farm pond ) and last fish came in march..  I've heard cold cold cold with not much precip Im also a believer in the hundred day fog and I have first flakes on Nov 13th . What's you're thoughts

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Re: whats the weather thoughts for this year
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2014, 10:17 PM »
The other day we broke a record low, so I'm VERY hopeful for a good winter like last year!
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:14 AM »
To early to tell I think.  Have to see how the jet stream sets up early November if its way south and the el nino is weak we are good to go..  Last year I was on 3 inches 2 days before thanksgiving on a big lake and fished till April 2nd I believe.  Think we were still driving out into mid March.  Lots of ice but not one of my most successful years.  Should be on hard water right around thanksgiving like most years. :tipup:

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:54 AM »
Im pegging small ponds will have 3-4 my mid december in central iowa.  I am also ordering an auger extension right now lol.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2014, 06:58 AM »
I've been seeing that some foreguessers are saying it will be a moderate El Nino year, CB.  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.