Author Topic: Heated Jacket  (Read 1778 times)

Offline lammy1960

• IceShanty Rookie
Heated Jacket
« on: Oct 05, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Just got myself a dewalt heated jacked delivered , should be nice and warm this ice fishing season.

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Heated Jacket
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2014, 02:18 PM »
 Howdy...  Sounds interestin! Whats it use for batteries pleae? How long they sayin it will heat for?  Do you think it is good quality and would recomend it?  Thanks!!  O.P.
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2014, 02:43 PM »
Howdy...  Sounds interestin! Whats it use for batteries pleae? How long they sayin it will heat for?  Do you think it is good quality and would recomend it?  Thanks!!  O.P.

MSRP is above $350 and can find on Amazon for over $150.  Uses a non-standard 20v lithium ion battery and they say you can expect max 7.5hours on one battery on the low setting, 4 and change on medium and likely 2 on high.  The instructions say do not get the interior wet or else.  Also have seen a lot of reviews stating they are not getting nearly 7.5 hours on low (2 - 4 hrs).

Over the years I have seen many battery operated heating thingy's and even received some from family members over the years... gloves, socks, caps etc. and none of them have been as good at keeping me or anyone else warm as quality made non-battery powered outerwear made for the cold.  The only exception would be for those with conditions which inhibit their ability to generate their own heat.. poor circulation, cancer treatments, blood conditions, etc.

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Thank you!!  Yes I was interested in the idea to help a Para palegic hunter while on stand since his warmth producin is low at best but can't shoot when overly bundled up!   Will keep lookin for a better answer!!  Stay safe....O.P.
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2014, 07:54 AM »
I use heated clothing on my motorcycle and have for over a decade. The one thing that is critical to using heated gear is it needs to be tight (think like bike shorts/spandex tight) and needs to be right next to the skin. I use super thin UnderArmor base layers under it and the vest and pants fit skin tight. I would be skeptical of a jacket unless it fits very, very tight.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Just got myself a dewalt heated jacked delivered , should be nice and warm this ice fishing season.
how do you like your heated jacket also does anyone else use heated clothing while ice trolling

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2017, 05:32 PM »
The only exception would be for those with conditions which inhibit their ability to generate their own heat.. poor circulation, cancer treatments, blood conditions, etc.
Some of these people should NOT use battery operated stuff on account of they can't tell when they're burnt etc.
Can't imagine wearing an ice fishing jacket that can't be wet. Maybe when you go through, the jolt will send you back on the ice? Wouldn't want to wear a "shockey" jacket in wet snow, sleet or rain.  :o
I want my ice jacket to float.
Just my 2 cents.....

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Thank you!!  Yes I was interested in the idea to help a Para palegic hunter while on stand since his warmth producin is low at best but can't shoot when overly bundled up!   Will keep lookin for a better answer!!  Stay safe....O.P.

What about a 12 volt heated blanket and build a battery box with  a couple vex 9 amp batteries in parallel in a small ammo can with a cig lighter would keep a person warm enough??  I got three batteries in my plano ammo can and a cig light plug adaptor.. just sayin..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.