The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Marcum LX7 Question  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Marcum LX7 Question
« on: Oct 04, 2014, 07:34 AM »

Anyone have experience with the LX7 you could share with me?

Wondering about interference both ways. I looked at a few comments on line. Overall, it looks the interference is not terribly overbearing. I see decreasing the cone width is helpful. Others said they had no issues. I saw too that running a low battery in lower temps can cause the screen to freeze up. I’ll have an extra battery with me anyway, plus the Showdown along for backup.

I guess if interference from the LX7 to  humminbirds and vexilars is bad I’ll have to fish up tight to bee  :o ;D :icefish:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Marcum LX7 Question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2014, 09:19 AM »
I've had an LX7 for two seasons.  I've seen interference but none that could not be overcome.  Same both ways.  Te worst I've seen is fishing the edge of a steep drop - just have to go to narrow beam.  It's a nice piece of equipment.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2014, 09:42 AM »
You have to remember when experiencing "interference" only one unit/fisherman should use the IR button to elevate the problem ..and you may only be able to correct/fix it so much ..but enough to fish without being to annoyed .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2014, 06:17 PM »
You have to remember when experiencing "interference" only one unit/fisherman should use the IR button to elevate the problem ..and you may only be able to correct/fix it so much ..but enough to fish without being to annoyed .

Thanks! I’ve seen that recommendation. Mostly I fish alone. Mostly I think it won’t be an issue. It is good to see your comment concurs with the other stuff I’ve read. It appears it will play well with other Marcum machines. Is that true???
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hell Ain't a bad place to be!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2014, 06:34 PM »
How about this.. Just use the thing and see how it works. If you have an issue, address it then/cross the bridge when you get to it. I'm sure it will work fine.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Thanks! I’ve seen that recommendation. Mostly I fish alone. Mostly I think it won’t be an issue. It is good to see your comment concurs with the other stuff I’ve read. It appears it will play well with other Marcum machines. Is that true???

Most of the flasher Companies have done the heavy lifting ...some use different frequencies etc.. fishing alone you wont need the IR button..with other the IR button will take care of business.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2014, 05:16 AM »
How about this.. Just use the thing and see how it works. If you have an issue, address it then/cross the bridge when you get to it. I'm sure it will work fine.

Yep, I shall. AND it’s good to get and use advice from others that have done things we haven’t yet. We all have a lot to learn. This is a good place to get great experience information from those that have already learned. Kinda like walking out on first ice; the larger body of info we have before we step out, the safer and more aware we are!  ;D

Thanks for all the help guys!!! :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2014, 06:17 AM »

Easy BA he is just trying to get some info before going out no biggie. I would hate to see him fight it for 3 1/2 hrs before he got it fixed

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Is the lx-7 worth the price?  I love the units specs, but how do the digital screens hold up,  will my kids be able to use it in 20years?  I really like marcum as a company, and i do alot of research b4 I buy into new technology.  I have only used up to an lx-5, loved it.  I seem to like the marcum over vexilars i have used. This year I am looking to upgrade, but it would be a scrape to get enough cash together for an lx-7.  Last year I picked up an old Eagle Silent Sixty Two flasher in its original box, never used for $50 on craigslist, the guy I got it from said he got it as a gift and never used it.  He was also selling a lx-3 at the same time, so I believed him.  I fitted it in a 6 pack cooler bag, bought a battery, and I love this old thing! It is only one color, but really sensitive.  Can mark the smallest of jigs in 40'+.  The only downside is when I fish near others using Vexilars we are both screwed, almost nothing you can do.  Even worse, a guy I know uses an open water lowrance unit, and when I turn my Eagle on he is really screwed, and gets kinda pissed, lol.  Can't say enough about that 30 year old flasher though, marks the same fish as an fl-8.  So back to the question, what options do you really need on a flasher for the $$$$  Lx-9 has gps and a camera right?  At least you get something really special for your $$$$

Offline BassinAssassin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hell Ain't a bad place to be!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Easy BA he is just trying to get some info before going out no biggie. I would hate to see him fight it for 3 1/2 hrs before he got it fixed

Haste makes waste... @)

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2014, 10:59 AM »
They say all you have to do is turn it on.  ;D

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Joe jump in the boat and use it.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Joe jump in the boat and use it.

Next week, bee. Ain’t much use clamming.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #13 on: Oct 06, 2014, 01:03 PM »
They say all you have to do is turn it on.  ;D

That's a "trick" answer.  :P  You won't be able to leave it alone.  @)

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2014, 02:00 PM »
Joe frank and I put a hundred of these in the boat today.

Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.