Author Topic: What Are You Adding This Year?  (Read 40553 times)

Offline TIP DOWN BUD

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What Are You Adding This Year?
« Reply #120 on: Oct 22, 2014, 06:41 PM »
I'm gonna be getting me a clam 5600 for the nasty days and when the girlfriend wants to go. I don't know why she won't go unless she has a shanty to sit in. Lol. Then a 6 inch hand auger for early ice pan fishing.

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Oct 22, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Just got done building a couple of these to get rid of the tangled up mess I had with the rod bags I was using.  They each hold 6 rods, and the rods are MUCH more protected than they were in the bags!  Well worth the time and effort put in to getting them done!   

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #122 on: Oct 22, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Just got done building a couple of these to get rid of the tangled up mess I had with the rod bags I was using.  They each hold 6 rods, and the rods are MUCH more protected than they were in the bags!  Well worth the time and effort put in to getting them done!   

Sweet! What's it made out of?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Oct 23, 2014, 09:22 PM »
3/8" plywood.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Oct 24, 2014, 12:15 AM »
Got the electronic fever...bought a Vex fl18 ultra , also Lowrance x67c, Now the Marcum Showdown 5.6 dual beam,  Broke the fever a little I Sold my Vex fl8 slt.  Need Ice bad sitting here dry jigging and twitching ;D
Put some water in an old cooler and buy a couple of decent size oscars from the pet store and start jiggin lol
And so it begins........

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Oct 24, 2014, 12:23 AM »
I myself have made plans with a guy from craigslist for a payment plan on a newer strike master laser mag 8 inch gas auger with full auger cover he was asking $375 I got him to go down to $300 at $100 for 3 months I will have it in January 4th or 5th just in time for official hard water here in buffalo
And so it begins........

Offline jww311

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Oct 24, 2014, 12:26 AM »
I sold the Marcum VX1 Pro, got a Lowrance Elite 4x HDI, selling the Clam Summit this weekend and getting the new Eskimo 6120 6 sided shanty.  Also picked up a pair of Duluth trading Firehose bibs.  And getting the 13 fishing tickle stick paired with a shimano sienna 500.  and possibly grabbing a Sullivan tip drop to test out this season and see how I like it.

Offline th30dd7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:10 AM »
My wife and I bought a list of things.

2015 Ice Castle Lake of The Woods Jr. Added a second battery, solar panel, cabinets, rod holders.
Yamaha generator
2 Cots
Slush bucket
Eskimo HC40 10"
Vexilar FLX-28
New tackle
Couple new rods and reels
Engel 13 qt bait cooler
LED TV and DVD player

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #128 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:17 AM »

This looks great. How much does it weigh? I'd be tempted to build one if its light enough.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Something like that build with Baltic berch plywood would be great!  very strong and light

I may have to do some work in the wood shop

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Come on ice!!! 

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Professional Ice Guide, Tournament Angler, TV Host
« Reply #131 on: Oct 24, 2014, 05:25 PM »
I spent alot of $$ last season getting ready.....new flip over, new flat screen camera, I just got asked if I would be interested in a guide trip for 4 to Bay of Greenbay for this Jan/Feb......that's what I might be adding to my list this season.......I have never done anything like that b4.........I think NOW is the time......I'm not getting any younger........give me your thoughts on your "BIG" purchases for this year.

My new 2015 Snobear!
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS
New England's Only Authorized Representative for SnoBear Vehicles!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #132 on: Oct 25, 2014, 10:40 PM »
This looks great. How much does it weigh? I'd be tempted to build one if its light enough.

They are a bit hefty.  With 6 rods, they weight about 24 lbs a piece, but that's because I built them rugged.  Dad always taught me, if it calls for 6 nails, use 12!  I'm sure you can lighten them up a bit by using different materials.  I wasn't concerned about the weight only because I have a Smitty sled, plus once the ice is thick enough, I use my 4 wheeler.  I wanted something that was going to provide solid protection for my rods.

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Oct 26, 2014, 01:52 AM »
Do it up
And so it begins........

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Oct 26, 2014, 05:52 AM »
Come on ice!!! 

You won't be sorry with this wheeler!!  I have an '07 Sportsman 500 EFI Mossy Oak Edition and absolutely love it!!  Course, I'm a Polaris man anyways, but still, you won't be sorry!!

Offline bjones1984

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Oct 26, 2014, 10:41 PM »
this year i added a jiffy stealth STX pro to replace my old nordic star and added 6 beaver dam tip ups for the kids and wife.  i plan on buying some new combos. maybe some wicked 13s? when i add new rods i plan on getting a hard case to protect them. i am sure ill get some new jigs and spoons along the way, maybe add some new lakes as well.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Oct 27, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Just pick up my latest ice fishing addition yesterday Kodiak 450. Can't wait for the ice !!!!

smitty :tipup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #137 on: Oct 30, 2014, 05:24 AM »
A Big Buddy heater is on the list now...hoping to catch a good deal Black Friday.

Offline mawaukee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #138 on: Oct 30, 2014, 11:09 AM »
Mounted the auger on the front. I'm totally mobile now.

Offline bwana72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Oct 30, 2014, 11:41 AM »
This years addition is going to be a pop up shelter. I got a bunch of Bass Pro Shops gift cards for my birthday that I have been hanging onto, and I am going to be cashing them in on a new Clam Six Pack 1660 Mag Thermal. Hoping this year yo get the wife and daughter to come out and join my son and I...and there just isn't enough room in my flip over for all of us. And, my son and I have talked about "camping out" on the ice a couple times this year and the Six Pack will give us more than enough room. Other than that my $$$ will be going towards a couple trips. I spent a buttload of $$$ on gear last year so we are pretty much set.
Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #140 on: Oct 30, 2014, 01:03 PM »
Well I wasn't going to add anything this year but, I got a second rod bag,24 Jigs,another Mr. Jigger,another smaller sled the wife will pull out and got a truck after getting rid of the Ford Explorer. I also made another Smitty sled for the wifes sled. Oh yea and the Marcum Troller for the wife.
<===Lefty===

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Oct 30, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Nothing big this year, picked up a trailer, snowmobile and otter sled late last year.  Added a couple rod holders to the snowmobile and ordered some more wave buster floats, but that is about it for me.

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #142 on: Oct 30, 2014, 05:06 PM »
  My plan was also nothing new this year but I just ordered a set of replacement blades for my 8" Finbore III hand auger.
John

Offline Chipper77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #143 on: Oct 30, 2014, 05:32 PM »
This is my first year on the ice.  I have spent a lot of coin on the essentials (ie. rods, spoons, jigs terminal tackle). I still need to get a flasher and shelter.  The shelter is on the want list not the need list though. 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #144 on: Oct 30, 2014, 05:35 PM »
This is my first year on the ice.  I have spent a lot of coin on the essentials (ie. rods, spoons, jigs terminal tackle). I still need to get a flasher and shelter.  The shelter is on the want list not the need list though.
Welcome to the Shanty!!! Please update your profile with your location! Thanks in advance and good luck on the ice!!!  :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #145 on: Oct 30, 2014, 07:19 PM »
5 heritage lakers
formula mx long track
4X8 tilt trailer
Jiffy model 30-9" (3hp tecumseh ~1975)
9" auger blade (spare)
Jiffy model 34-10" STX stealth (3hp tecumseh ~2007)
Jiffy model 30-8" (3hp tecumseh 1965 one armed bandit)
clam 5600
otter hitch
Loring hardwater packbasket.
so far
I'm still trying to find someone that can ship a jet sled magnum for <$200.
It must be something in the water.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #146 on: Oct 30, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Welcome to the shanty.   Great place for advice.   
More jigs and spoons
Quad
Custom rod
Marcum for wife
Clam 6 pack thermal for family. 

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #147 on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:51 AM »
Gopro hero 4 silver...
I cant wait to do a time laps tipup fishing video.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Bengals1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #148 on: Oct 31, 2014, 10:47 AM »
New to the community!, I added a Wicked Ice rod/reel combo, a hard case for my rods and reels, a bunch of new jigs, and a Marcum LX-7 that my wife doesn't need to find... lol

Offline Baxter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Oct 31, 2014, 10:58 AM »
Probably some more jigs(have plenty but always need more) and looking for a new jigging rod(for spoons).I busted the tip a couple seasons back when 2 deer crossed in front of me one night.The bucket they were in slid and crashed in the back of my truck.
HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.