Author Topic: Sleeper rentals  (Read 2511 times)

Offline mags83

• IceShanty Rookie
Sleeper rentals
« on: Oct 02, 2014, 11:42 PM »
Looking for info for a 4-6 person sleeper January 13-18 on waubay or preferably bitter lake.  I have done some internet searching but not finding a lot of options.  Ice fish a bunch up there, but want to try the sleeper option this year.  Feel free to pm me as well.  Thanks for the help.

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sleeper rentals
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2014, 07:10 AM »
http://www.jrs-iceshackrentals.com/

We rented from this place last year. Nice shacks and he was a pretty good guy. We had 5 in the shack last year and that was definitely the limit that I would go with. We're making another trip this year but decided to stay in town since we are going for 4 days. Figured a place to shower would be really nice thing after that many days. Either way we had a good experience with this outfit. Hope this helps.

Offline mags83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply diesel.  We are actually looking pretty hard at jr's shacks.  Do you remember which one you rented? We will have five guys, so someone will have to get cozy or sleep on the cot.  Where you on enemy swim?  We won't be in the shack much except for evenings I suspect as,we will bring our portables as well.  Thanks for the info.

Mags

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Last year I believe he had two shacks available and both were the same model. The second one was actually right by the one we were renting. We were on Enemy Swim located in Indian Bay part of the lake. We had plans to get out during our full day there but as it happened we had a blizzard come through that day with 30-40mph winds. Some of the guys we were with got out behind the 2nd shack out of the wind and caught some gills that day. I chose to stay in the shack.

With 5 people we did have to get cozy on the fold down bed in the shack. If I were to do one thing over I would have had him put us on 10ft or more of water. In that bay it was only 4-6ft and I think the noise of moving in the shack made it hard to catch them in the shack. To his credit though, everyone that came on the lake while we were there were fishing the bay so he had us on the area that was hot. But I would have liked to get on some walleyes and perch more than gills and crappies.

Just re-read your post and we're going up there Jan. 15-18th this year again also. Hopefully they're biting then!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.