Author Topic: Ice Fishing TVs  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing TVs
« on: Sep 26, 2014, 10:46 AM »
Hi all, I am looking at a few different options to upgrade my old underwater cam this year.

Found an alternative option online but I wonder about the quality as the price is quite reasonable.

Has anyone out there used on of these or know of anyone who has used this make and model?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30m-Professional-Fish-Finder-Underwater-Fishing-Video-Camera-7-Color-HD-Monitor-/311036525943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486b38bd77

Thanks

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Fishing TVs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2014, 10:59 AM »
My major concern is the fact that it might be challenging if a repair or a replacement is needed.

Offline packers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • insufficient funz
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Hmm......looks like a neat unit. I have never seen one of these before. I would agree with u about being a little afraid of anything malfunctioning and finding a place to repair it. The only advice I have is from experience I've found that if u spend less on a camera u get less of a camera. I personally think marcum has the best cameras out there. Of course they cost more too. Thats my two cents. Didnt mean to just piss on ur parade, I just know ive bought a cheap camera before and was not happy. Good luck on whatever you do

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2014, 11:38 AM »
You would not be happy with that its not going to see more than a foot or 2 in clear water and nothing in stained.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2014, 11:46 AM »
Ha ha ha not pissing on my parade, potentially preventing me from being pissed on. Thanks fellas.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2014, 11:47 AM »
I have an old Aqua Vu ...10 plus years for sure ...its not very dynamic ...and my water are practically gin clear( I think you see similar results with your inquiry) .. I do have a question for those who have up graded from an old Aqua Vu to the new generation of cameras from Aqua Vu, Marcum Vexilar ETC ..are these new generation of cameras that dynamic of improvement or pretty much the same other than a larger screen in most cases or just more compact like the Aqua Vu micro ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline packers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • insufficient funz
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2014, 12:56 PM »
To me the biggest thing is the quality of the actual camera(what u actually lower down the hole) this is what will give u the best picture on the monitor.  A fancy looking moniter does nothing if the camera itself is junk. I should have mentioned im sure aqua view is a nice camera also I just never have used one. In the end I would just use that 180 bucks toward a camera that is a little more "high end"

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline Kim

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy,fishy I'm not stuck! Just need traction
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2014, 05:46 AM »
Was searching fishing supplies (china) the other day and those cams up. I have an Aquavu and it works ok. That beeing said, I have seen some Marcums in the Black and White and they are twice as good as mine. I would go with the Marcum. A few more bucks but you will be happy. Marcum has my vote.

If you are replaceing batteries in any of your units, Battery world is great ! I changed mine out for the cam and when doing so, upsized the battery to a higher lets say ( cold cranking amps ) will last a little longer on the ice. 6 hrs compared to 4 hrs of run time. Just a couple bucks more is well worth it. ( 50% increase )
Gonna get me a 16" Perch this year.

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Interesting.  Where exactly is the battery in the camera?

One thing I find on the Acu is it is sometimes difficult to remove the main battery from the tv.  Other than that I have no issues with the camera.

Shackless has the Marcum and it is without a doubt miles ahead of the acu. 

Offline happyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2014, 09:25 PM »
im gunna get the fish phone wifi unit....i have a tablet.....so why not...lol...

anyone use one?

Thanks
I promise to tell the trout,
the whole trout,and nothing but the trout,
so help me cod

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2014, 04:04 PM »
As long as you can get service,  a lot of area's you will come up blank/

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2014, 04:13 PM »
As long as you can get service,  a lot of area's you will come up blank/
Why do you need service?
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Do you not need your cell phone to have service before you can hook up to a wifi?   I admit I am a dunce when it comes to these things but I know a lot of area's just do not get good reception for cell phones and I thought you needed that for the wifi hookup

I cannot imagine too many lakes that have wifi in the area that would allow me to use my tablet.  At least not where I usually fish.

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Don't need service to connect to WiFi. The fish phone box creates the WiFi that your phone/tablet connects to. Should work anywhere in the world
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2014, 05:08 PM »
WOW  Once again I have learned something about the tech world.

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Looking at the Marcums over Aquavu. The only thing holding me off the trigger is that Marcum have 75 feet of cable and some of the Aquavu cams have 100 feet. Most of the fishing I do would be covered easily with the 75 but there is always that one spot that you need the full 100...... Maybe it will just encourage me to check out some shallower water in that lake. Not the worst thing. 

From all I have read Marcum seems to come out the winner with most saying that you get what you pay for. I'm still open for other thoughts though. Looks like I still have some time.

Offline Kim

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy,fishy I'm not stuck! Just need traction
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2014, 10:20 AM »
I have never used more tham 30 ft of cable and that is with 10 ft on the ground and not in the water. Most lakes in Alberta, the cam wont have enough light down at 20 FOW or more. 50 ft of my cable just gets in the way. Needs to be a pretty clean lake to see at depths.
Gonna get me a 16" Perch this year.

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Thanks, I guess I can always use the flasher for the deep....

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 07, 2014, 12:33 PM »
Looking down the barrel of a Marcum VS825SD. Locked in!

Offline shackless

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2014, 11:59 AM »
Looking down the barrel of a Marcum VS825SD. Locked in!
WOOT X2 love my 825
Fishing
           It's not life and death.
      It's more important than that.

Offline shackless

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Looking at the Marcums over Aquavu. The only thing holding me off the trigger is that Marcum have 75 feet of cable and some of the Aquavu cams have 100 feet. Most of the fishing I do would be covered easily with the 75 but there is always that one spot that you need the full 100...... Maybe it will just encourage me to check out some shallower water in that lake. Not the worst thing. 

From all I have read Marcum seems to come out the winner with most saying that you get what you pay for. I'm still open for other thoughts though. Looks like I still have some time.
I had a fish tv7 that came with 100 Ft... when you get down that deep you are not going to see much anyways unless the sun is beating down hard and there is no snow on the clear ice and you turn the night vision light on which kills battery time.a
I don't think my Marcum VS825SD has ever had all the cable out at any point in 2 seasons...
That's my 2bits
- (not so) Shackless
Fishing
           It's not life and death.
      It's more important than that.

Offline Ice Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2014, 09:51 AM »
MarCum 825 in possession. Can't wait for the test run!

Offline happyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2014, 11:07 PM »
just bought the fish phone...240 bucks.....wifi....work s but have not tried it yet.......

im pumped
I promise to tell the trout,
the whole trout,and nothing but the trout,
so help me cod

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.