Author Topic: Feb. ice fishing trip good or bad  (Read 1331 times)

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Feb. ice fishing trip good or bad
« on: Sep 24, 2014, 09:07 PM »
im from nebraska an looking to take a ice fishing trip in feb to the webster area. im not looking for anybodys hot spots just wondering if feb is a good time to go. i know theres quite a few lakes in the webster area. any help would be greatly appreciated since i have never fished S.D lakes thanks Josh

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Feb. ice fishing trip good or bad
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Haven't managed to get up to that area in February myself but I would think it'd have to be one of the better times of the year to go. Going to webster in Jan. myself. I'd rather go early or later than Jan. but that's when everyone schedules worked out. No matter when you go we've had fun up there.

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2014, 08:42 AM »
Thanks its much appreciated.  I just want to get on some decent walleye an yellow perch. Debating to get a guide or not I have a flip over gas auger an flasher so im sure I could get on something decent I guess just drill lots of holes.

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2014, 08:49 AM »
If you really want walleye then a guide might not be a bad idea. At the very least stop in at Sportsman's Cove and ask. They'll give you an idea where to start. As for perch, there's a ton of little slough's up there. We got on one that we did pretty decent on last year. I'm sure this year that same slough is pretty well fished out. But Sportsman's will give you an idea which slough's to try. It's a good time. Gonna be up there middle of Jan. with the portables trying to fill a few limits again and I can't wait.

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2014, 09:33 PM »
we are planning to stay a sportsmans cove so ill definitely talk to them an see whats all good. my luck is ill get there an people willl be everywhere lol. im sure it will be fun.

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Haven't stayed with them guys. Hear very good things about them though. Last we rented a sleeper shack from Jr's ice shack rentals. It was a blast staying out on the ice all night. We're renting a lodge this year since we're going to be staying an extra day and night this year. Figured we'd appreciate the shower and flushable toilet with the extra day thrown in. If you live somewhere that there's not a whole lot of options for places to ice fish like me, Webster is going to be like a dream haha so many options.

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2014, 09:05 PM »
thanks for the info diesel its quite helpful. Im getting pumped up just talking about it. oh an the wife is coming along as well so I better get on something good lol. this is going to be her first year out on the ice with me we bought all her cold weather gear last weekend. im going to take her to my honey hole so her first time out is very enjoyable.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Another Nebraskan header north!  We are shooting for a late Feb or March trip.

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Another Nebraskan header north!  We are shooting for a late Feb or March trip.

I thought you were going to saying you are shooting for Nebraskens! LOL
Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2014, 02:46 PM »
I'm a shootin' Nebrasakan if that counts?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.