New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: lake Chautauqua this ice season  (Read 547 times)

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
lake Chautauqua this ice season
« on: Sep 18, 2014, 06:31 PM »
I'm from PA, but am an avid ice angler.  I'm looking at taking a vacation this ice season and hitting up a lake and chautaqua is one I'm looking at.  I know there's big eyes and musky in there which would be my primary targets and have looked at some depth maps of the lake. However, not being from there I don't know squat about the lake other then what I have seen on the maps.   Wondering if any of you guys can help me out maybe have a picture with all the names of place and point me in a general area.  Or some overall info of the lake.  Maybe where gravel bars are etc etc I'm not asking for coordinates just some help. You can even pm and we can talk. 

Thanks guy!

Offline 4426

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lake Chautauqua this ice season
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2014, 05:35 AM »
musky season is closed in the winter up here, also there are some nice crappies if you can find them. Check out the ny dec website and they have a whole webpage with info

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2014, 10:03 AM »
I know its closed but you can still catch and release correct? I looked at the webpage checked it out. Also found a depth map.   Thanks for the info 4426. Anyone else got anything?

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2014, 08:20 PM »
I know its closed but you can still catch and release correct? I looked at the webpage checked it out. Also found a depth map.   Thanks for the info 4426. Anyone else got anything?
No you can not fish for a species during closed season. Release or not.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2014, 08:47 PM »
My fault I was told wrong then. That's what I get for not looking myself.  Hahah.

Offline 4426

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2014, 11:16 PM »
if you do end up coming up here ducksnbucks36 this ice season pm me and maybe we could fish together or something. I don't live too far from Chautauqua and usually am willing to go there. Most people fish for walleye(never caught one myself), perch, and crappie there. Always constant action with the  panfish near mayville so your never bored. First fish I ever pulled out of chautaqua though was a musky and I was amazed, well it came unhooked before I could grab it and swam away but I got it right up the hole so I know what it was haha, so accidents do happen, I know my neighbor goes there alot for walleye(with good success) and he usually catches and releases a few small muskies but are not intended targets

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2014, 07:31 PM »
I'm willing to help out. Pm me when it gets closer. Im out there after the eyes daily.

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2014, 02:01 PM »
Alright.  Thanks guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.