Author Topic: So I went a little crazy  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
So I went a little crazy
« on: Sep 16, 2014, 07:39 PM »
Ice is gotta get here.  This fall I have purchased a new humminbird ice 35, three 13 fishing wicked long stem reels, two st Croix premier med light rods, built a 6x10 shanty, loaded up on an assortment of lures, jigs, plastics and power baits.  So your thinks that's should be good right?  We'll thanks to this post I found that the red rock store had a sale on the 13 fishing teardrop, yup you guessed it--purchased.  While there I noticed another wicked long stem and had to have another impulse buy(that's four reels).  Granted last year I did a few purchases fl8, pop up shelter.

And the truly sad part was i grew up ice fishing, but got away from it for ten or so years.  Two years ago I won an Eskimo ice auger on a raffle, so had to rebuy some gear.  Isn't obsessions great?

But I wouldn't give it up for anything, hanging with friends, pulling the occasional fish up, and the biggest plus-- I'm not working.  Let the ice start.
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: So I went a little crazy
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:26 PM »
I did the same thing. New Arctic Cat 500 atv, 6x12 enclosed aluminum trailer, Otter XT1200 cabin.

I just hope when I die my wife dosent sell everything for what I told her I paid for it.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I did the same thing. New Arctic Cat 500 atv, 6x12 enclosed aluminum trailer, Otter XT1200 cabin.

I just hope when I die my wife dosent sell everything for what I told her I paid for it.

I told my buddy's if something happens don't let her sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for them.  Waiting for ice can be bad on the pocket book.  You fill you time with looking and buying.  It's an addiction. 

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Have any pics of your new shack???
KCCO

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Little crazy? More like, being the MOST DEDICATED ICEFISHERMAN!!!
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2014, 10:55 PM »
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2014, 03:46 PM »
All that buying sounds perfectly normal to me.  ;D

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Not crazy but an investment in solace ...in todays hectic world a therapeutic hobby is better then other avenues .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2014, 05:30 PM »
i'm doing my best to stay un-crazy this year. i'm gonna try and save up to buy a clam 1-man trap (or something similar)
that said, i bought a nice little Isuzu Rodeo last spring to get me to and from the water, and to carry my gear. i love it quite a bit, it's just the right size to haul me, a few people, and all the gear i need for a day's fishing.

also finally gonna get to try out the rods i built last spring just before the local ice left in a hurry.

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 17, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Not crazy but an investment in solace ...in todays hectic world a therapeutic hobby is better then other avenues .

Well said....
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Enjoy that's what we work for. I am retired now . And I look at all the. Things I bought over the years. My basement looks like a sporting goods store. But I enjoy. ;D

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 17, 2014, 07:38 PM »
My wife thinks our basement is part of Cabelas.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2014, 08:42 PM »
My wife thinks our basement is part of Cabelas.

My mom thinks the same with our garage
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline ff318

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2014, 09:34 PM »
hey it happens. i found a deal with for a 550 fan ski do last year. enclosed trailer, jiffy pro 4 gen 2 and a jet sled for just about what the sled alone books for. ice fishing to me is worse then any drug. Problem some time is ya have way to much crap to show for it. but when your fishing you always need something else
flag em and tag em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.