Author Topic: SO Confused... Humminbird 798 with SI  (Read 493 times)

Offline daytrader

• IceShanty Rookie
SO Confused... Humminbird 798 with SI
« on: Sep 16, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Ok so I want to have a second flasher for this winter and I'd like to use my HB, but I keep getting conflicting information as to WHAT iceducer to use and whether or not it will EVEN work. Any one have experience with the 798ci HDSI on hard water? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SO Confused... Humminbird 798 with SI
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Call HB tech support and ask them.  They're great to talk with, and will tell you exactly what part you need for it.

The only hang up I can think of is the "SI" portion of your finder, there was some issue about the DI/SI models not working so hot with the standard ice transducer.  I'd call up HB and confirm it before spending money.

Offline Gimper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2014, 10:55 PM »
I use a  XI 9 20 iceducer (the same one you need for your unit) on my 998HD SI without any trouble. You need to set the freq. to "dual beam" in the sonar menu, but other than that it is plug and play. I got rid of the float and just dangle the ducer down the hole, making sure the ducer is deeper than the bottom of the ice.

Offline KenInSask

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2014, 09:09 AM »
I use my 798 CI HD SI on the ice with the  XI 9 / 20 ice ducer and the soft pack and it works great. I am running older software 6.250 and it works great with that.

If anyone is using the 798 with new software please post your findings on how it works with the flasher options on the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.