Author Topic: A littel help ?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
A littel help ?
« on: Sep 14, 2014, 07:11 PM »
July the 16th I had an accident that just about took my left hand, well it about took my life if it had not been for my son tanner. as it so happens I,am left handed and I,am not getting to much use of that hand as of yet with therapy three days a week and pushing as hard as I can I,am starting to wonder if I,ll be ready for ice, things like drilling, tying knots, so hear is were I need the help if you all could pick a day of the week to sign up for I,ll post a calendar later to pick your day/s and it will be ok if we go to your spot and use your bait, time of day makes no diff as I cant work yet.  OK it was, bad but I hope to be on ice this year and look forward to seeing you all again    Brad Griffis  AKA bigdaddyg ???
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline Fishingdm1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: A littel help ?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about the accident.  Message me when the season gets started, and we'll see what we can do!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Brad I hope you get better soon.
Oh and I started yesterday with out you-I think it will be a good year. ;)
Tom

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2014, 10:11 PM »
YOU KNOW YOU CAN COUNT ON ME GIVING YOU SOME LIFTS OUT AND WE WILL PUT THE HAMMER ON SOME PERCH ND EYES BRAD IF YOU NEED MY NUMBER AGAIN JUST PM
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Be glad to help if I can!!!
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2014, 09:02 AM »
Brad I hope the hand gets better every day.

Truth is you can probably outfish most of us here fishing right handed!!  Finding them is 90% of the battle and you have that part figured out.  Good luck as you have about 75 days to heal the hand before ice.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2014, 10:06 AM »
I went through something similar to what your going through,  I crushed my left hand in a freak accident,  I am also left handed lost 1/2 of my middle finger and about 30 percent of use in my pinky and the one next to it, you dont realize how hard little things can beuntil you try to do them it can get frustrating but just keep working at it and before you know it you will have overcome anything that was tough before, I would start trying to tie knots and stuff now the best thing I used to regain the strength in my hand was a ball of wax I would squeeze that thing all day long and now aside from missing half of my middle finger im fine over time I regained all the use of my fingers good luck to you and stick with the therapy you'll be better in no time

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2014, 05:35 PM »
Have you thought about using Cabela's No Knot Fast snaps 3/16 size you only need to tie once and then just change out the jig. I do realize that I might be difficult but not as difficult if you put the jig in your forceps. Good luck in your recovery and on the ice.
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=701927&WT.srch=1&WT.tsrc=PPC&rid=20&WT.mc_id=GOOGLE|fis_Terminal+Tackle_Swivels%2C+Snaps%2C+Clevises|USA&WT.z_mc_id1=43700004617627596&gclid=CMHwmO3z-sACFSMLMgodkBUA5A&gclsrc=aw.ds
 I already use these on ice spoons, ratfenkies , Rapala Jigging Raps,Swedish pimples ect,,,

Ross
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2014, 06:34 AM »
Thank you all very much, but I must apologize this started as a bad joke. must have been feeling down that day, yes I did have a bad accident and I know it could have been much worst its just I have very little patience. again thank you all for the offers and concern I will see you on the ice   GRIFF.
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline miamimiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Man I was just getting ready to volunteer to come over and cook some of your fish for ya to,DAM!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2014, 08:59 AM »
Wish you lived closer .i would love take you out ,I to had a nasty hand injury also to my left hand and I'm also left keep your chin up , and wish you a speedy recovery
Tite lines

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Thank you all very much, but I must apologize this started as a bad joke. must have been feeling down that day, yes I did have a bad accident and I know it could have been much worst its just I have very little patience. again thank you all for the offers and concern I will see you on the ice   GRIFF.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.