The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: what are some good lakes for perch?  (Read 757 times)

Offline TIP DOWN BUD

• IceShanty Rookie
what are some good lakes for perch?
« on: Sep 13, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Was wondering what are some good lakes to target perch on? Ive caught some cruisers here and there while out fishing but I've never really targeted them. I know a couple lakes with perch but the average size isn't that big... so I can't justify spending the time on those bodies of water for fish that aren't that great.

Offline lazypaddler

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: what are some good lakes for perch?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2014, 06:09 PM »
I was up on North twin lake last winter and we caught a handful of big perch on our tip ups while going for walters. Not sure about the numbers of perch in the lake but the ones we scored were good and healthy.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Winnebago has some nice perch, but some of the biggest I've seen have been pulled out of Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay.

I gotta say that like the poster above, North and South Twins both produce ok Perch, probably more so than any other lake up there. We joke that this is our typical Perch up by us....

Offline TIP DOWN BUD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2014, 03:56 PM »
Lol. Yeah on most of the lakes I catch perch on that's what they look like too. And only once in awhile I'll get a decent perch on tip up when where out goin for pike. But thanks for tips guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.