Author Topic: Underwater camera  (Read 1113 times)

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Underwater camera
« on: Sep 13, 2014, 05:58 PM »
I have the vexilar 100.   I primarily fish crappie and gills in 20' of water.  Our water is pretty stained and have trouble seeing most of the time.   If I would upgrade marcum 825 or aqua vu 5 help out much.    What does other use in darker water?   

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2014, 10:43 AM »
Being that the water is stained I think it would be a waste of money to upgrade to a better camera it wont make a difference a few of the lakes I fish are the same way and a better more expensive camera doesnt make a difference some guys may argue this but thats cuz they spent there money on a better camera with little to no difference in what they had been there done that

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2014, 08:19 AM »
I've been using a camera along with my flasher for a lot of years and can tell you that the amount of money you spend on a camera isn't going to help gain a more clear view in dirty, stained water at any depth. And fishing with a camera at 20' of water poses a greater challenge with tangles than what you can see anyway.I'd think you may want to fish with someone that has a higher priced camera before spending your money so you can see the difference with cameras side by side. the best feature mine has is the temperature readout at the depth the camera is at. I rarely turn the lights on since I learned that fish HATE those bright lights down there.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2014, 09:13 AM »
I wish someone would do a side by side by side of all three underwater camera systems ( Aqua Vu , Marcum , Vexilar) using  a known environment(s) and clarity (Secchi Disk ) . If any members know of such a test/comparison please post a link/findings.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:53 AM »
Do a search on "underwater camera comparison"

here is a good review:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=52230.0

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.