Author Topic: Heritage Laker Tip-ups  (Read 697 times)

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Heritage Laker Tip-ups
« on: Sep 11, 2014, 09:48 AM »
Does anyone know when the Heritage tip-ups will be available? Everywhere I go (FishUSA, Fish307, etc) says they are out of stock for the season. I'm trying to get ahead for first ice!

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
Re: Heritage Laker Tip-ups
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2014, 09:54 AM »
That's from last season they haven't put them up this year yet
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2014, 10:06 AM »
That's from last season they haven't put them up this year yet

I know brother - do you know when they usually start becoming available?

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2014, 10:52 AM »
i believe heritagetraps.com has some and ebay has some

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Thanks man, I think Cabelas has  some too - atleast they have them on their website. $29.99, but I am not sure if they are finished or not  :tipup:

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2014, 10:25 AM »
Just a sidebar on the Heritage Laker T/U thread.  If you haven't ever used these magnum sized tipups, you should give them some consideration.  I thought they looked big and therefore, hard to set for light hits.  These units can be set for hair trigger strikes or to hold the feistiest of chubs.  When you get a fish on, you can set them top-side down and the reel stays off the ice and prevents a flash freeze of the line to the ice which nearly always results in lost fish or damaged leaders.  I finished 4 of them 2 years ago and they are in perfect condition.  The fittings are brass and these have an adjustable drag to avoid backlash spooling on fast running fish.  When the flag is up, they are 42" in the air!  Easily visible in deep snow and to vehicle travel (how many people have lost thermal frabils to trucks?).  There are times and places for thermals and magnetics and such...but for the hard conditions of NE South Dakota and the upper Midwest in general, these are a great option.  Couple them with artic sirens or lighted indicators and they are a blast at night.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.