The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: What's new fellas  (Read 1323 times)

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
What's new fellas
« on: Sep 10, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Been getting pretty cold out lately. Today was pretty chilly. Soon the isles at the big box stores will be filled with ice gear. I'm getting pumped up myself. Started my auger today with left over gas in it and it ran great. Probably let it run for a good 10 minutes.
KCCO

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What's new fellas
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2014, 11:21 PM »
if you want to get your ice fishing fix until the ice gets here stop over at the Thorne Brothers Ice Event on the 27th in Blaine. factory reps will be there and there will be some good seminars too. hope they have the good door prices like they did last year.

personally I have now pulled out all my houses and checked them for mouse damage (luckily there was none) and fired up the auger a few times now. charged all my flashers and under water camera. re did my tackle storage system to minimize what I actually bring out on the ice with me. got it down to just a few of each thing I use.  now I am able to just grab a couple rods and one of my flashers and have everything I need. that goes in my one hand and in the other I have my auger( Clam Drill Plate auger, Love it). throw a bait puck of waxies and spikes in my pocket and I am good to go.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Ahhhhh.... Quite a chill on the air right now. Its getting close! i just hope we get a little better winter this year. Last year was relentless torture, i learned that there is such a thing as too much ice making weather. I just got a new boat in July so I'm not quite ready to give the open water up yet. I finally have something suitable to get out of the bays on Mille Lacs so its been nonstop walleye fishing. With the super restrictive slot limits and awful fishing reports, I almost get the lake to myself. It's kinda nice!

Offline Big_John

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2014, 12:04 PM »
Tried to fire up the Auger.... She's a dead unit right now. Throttle cable broke last season and I forgot about it.

But the ice is coming soon.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Funny thing.. I was thinking about IS today at work and was wondering if anybody was around yet...
Hard Ice

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2014, 03:51 PM »
We're around. Just waiting for that first snowflake to fly.
KCCO

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2014, 08:10 PM »
I hear that tc  wont be much longer now(I hope)
Hard Ice

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2014, 01:32 PM »
The calendar is looking pretty good right now. Here's to hoping we will be icing by Thanksgiving.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2014, 04:47 AM »
One way or another ill be sitting on ice before thanksgiving!!!
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.