The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: New Gear  (Read 371 times)

Offline thedirtydirtyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
New Gear
« on: Sep 05, 2014, 07:17 AM »
Hey guys,

With the season around the corner im looking to upgrade my ice fishing gear.  Specifically looking for some nice boots and new snow pants/ snow suite.  Possibly some new socks although I have 10 pairs of wool socks that are stick doing good.  Id like to pay somewhere middle of the road.  Ive had my gear for a while so I don't mind spending a little more for quality as long as it lasts.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: New Gear
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2014, 08:17 AM »
Plenty of options in both boots and parka and bibs set ...lil search on IS (upper left) could tell you all you need to know ..I have an older Clam blue suit.  love it ..my other bubbies have the Sportsmans guide parka and bib ..they report warm ..seems to be very similar to my clam blue suit in materials ...my other Buddy has the Frabill gray suit ...he loves it also ...this year I purchased a Striker Ice Climate suit ...bought it  right after last winter polar vortex left its a three season suit that floats ..a pant liner and a jacket are removable.. I am hoping it will be great for first ice/ last ice lighter and it floats ..haven't used it but seems to be well thought out  in design and material Red Rock store may still have some on clearance ... boots ...I'm using a Baffin Crossfire ..had to add a felt liner on the bottom and a Thinsulate boot insert ...if that wasn't the ticket I was going with the Muck Artic Sports .Most Fisherman can find a comfortable price point with both suits and boots ..you got plenty of sales coming up so research is key .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.