New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Frabill's Prices  (Read 1076 times)

OneidaAngler

Frabill's Prices
« on: Sep 04, 2014, 05:28 PM »
I am a fan of Frabill but I just checked their prices on some new jigging combos and about fainted. I was curious as to what else they hiked up and checked the tip-ups I bought last season for $10 a piece. They're now $17!!! Ridiculous!!! Must be the new ownership.  :-\ A thermal replacement tent for the Trekker is over $400!!! So I'm just going to get the deluxe tent, not thermal but stronger. Even that's going to cost me $300. Seems like my favorite thing to do gets more and more expensive each season... :'(

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Frabill's Prices
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2014, 05:58 PM »
I agree Frabill's prices are pretty steep.  It seems like the more Pros they get the higher the prices go.  I was looking at Otter's shelters and almost fell out of the chair.  They don't give you sticker shock they give you sticker heart attack, for those prices they should drag themselves out and back and set themselves up. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Think that's just the MSRP ...they encourage you to buy through a retailer .

A thermal replacement tent for the Trekker is over $400!!! So I'm just going to get the deluxe tent, not thermal but stronger. Even that's going to cost me $300.

Didn't see any "replacement tents" on their web site was that a phone quote ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

OneidaAngler

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2014, 06:11 PM »
Think that's just the MSRP ...they encourage you to buy through a retailer .

Didn't see any "replacement tents" on their web site was that a phone quote ?

Yes, to be exact, they gave me a quote of $274 for the Frabill Trekker Deluxe replacement tent.

OneidaAngler

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2014, 06:14 PM »
They gave me a quote of $428 for the thermal Trekker tent. Should've stuck with CLAM...  :-\

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2014, 06:34 PM »
sent you a pm about a shanty let me know what you think ?

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2014, 06:43 PM »
It's not the new ownership, it's the cost of goods to produce them. Raw materials costs and shipping costs have driven up most items. Sucks, but you're going to see it across the board.  :-\
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2014, 08:32 PM »
It's not the new ownership, it's the cost of goods to produce them. Raw materials costs and shipping costs have driven up most items. Sucks, but you're going to see it across the board.  :-\
You are 100% correct! Cogs (cost of goods) are driving everything up! It's all behind the cost of oil.. I hate to say it, but it's true..

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2014, 12:15 AM »
You are 100% correct! Cogs (cost of goods) are driving everything up! It's all behind the cost of oil.. I hate to say it, but it's true..

very true here is another couple fun facts what are water bottle made of? answer: crude oil. what type of bottle does not have bottle deposit in most states? answer: water bottles in most states. when they say over a billion bottles of water are drank over a year.  they are correct thinking about how much crude oil is used that people just throw away  in a land fill it that cheap packaging that driving up the cost of oil most of all when it is not recycled.. like pop bottles are with a deposit of like 5 cent would save how much crude oil being wasted and the best part is you return it you get your deposit back.  plus stuff like bleach bottle soap bottle for dish washers all the way to laundry soap etc are the same way with crude oil being used to make them.  it not the middle east driving up the price of oil it all the crap we throw away and waste ...   any ways because of all this every thing will cost more is the truth.... this is why recycling programs should be in place but how far do they get with those plastic wrappers that water comes in which is bad as the bottle them self's same thing more crude oil being wasted.. but any ways it is a obvious cycle  and were all stuck with it...     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.