Author Topic: What's your new toy this year?  (Read 5191 times)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: What's your new toy this year?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2014, 08:00 AM »
Otter XT 650 Lodge

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Go pro for me!

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2014, 04:15 PM »
Just picked up an LX7 in the bargain cave!! Said used but fired it right up no problem and it still had the screen protector on it.  Got it for less that what an LX6 would cost new. Other than that just some jigs and such and prolly new Blades for the Jiffy I got used last year. 
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Just picked up a Striker Ice Climate Parka and Climate Bibs.   Found a heck of a deal on eBay.

Q

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #34 on: Aug 12, 2014, 12:38 PM »
2014 Polaris Ranger 570
______________________ ___

Its a lazy man that cant find his wife a second job

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #35 on: Aug 12, 2014, 04:21 PM »
2014 Polaris Ranger 570

Got mine in February this year...there's some bugs with this thing, checkout the polarisforums.

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Aug 12, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Probably nothing new this year, I got most of my stuff towards the middle of the season last year. I guess if anything it might be a bigger propane tank so my Daughter stays toasty warm and maybe her own camouflage ice rod,lol. Oh and a Go Pro
Life moves too fast, if you don't stop and look around you just might miss something.....Ferris Buler

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #37 on: Aug 12, 2014, 07:41 PM »
I picked up a 1995 Polaris xplorer 400 atv  to help me pull some gear this winter..to bad the oil injector quit working and blew the piston skirt into the crankcases and put a 4 inch hole in it.  I put 18 miles on it.ill never buy Polaris anything again.parting it out.

Offline TJR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Aug 12, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Honda big red 700 side x side

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Aug 13, 2014, 08:34 AM »
I picked up a 1995 Polaris xplorer 400 atv  to help me pull some gear this winter..to bad the oil injector quit working and blew the piston skirt into the crankcases and put a 4 inch hole in it.  I put 18 miles on it.ill never buy Polaris anything again.parting it out.

Now that's some bad luck!

Go Beavers!

Offline trekr200

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Aug 14, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Aqua-Vu Micro Camera
St. Croix 17" rod
Everybody has got to believe in something...I believe I'll go fishing.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/Squareneck/IMG_20161001_233426_zpsxa0qihbb.jpg

Offline BritinCanada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Aug 23, 2014, 12:52 PM »
More   Bricker's Custom Rods   

And  if i sell my LX 5   And keep my Lx7   

The Marcum RT9

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #42 on: Aug 23, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Going to try a Lew's Crappie Reel for no line twist
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Aug 23, 2014, 06:55 PM »
Forgot about my Striker Ice Climate suit ...that's going to be sweet ...and a lil bit of a learning curve on what to wear ...or more importantly what not to wear ...had it all worked out with my blue Ice Armor suit ..saw some posts guys are stating very light thermals and mid layer
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Aug 23, 2014, 07:36 PM »
I bought a Thorne Brothers Quiverstick last year. This year it will be their Power noodle rod with a Wicked 13 ice reel. Both are super sensitive.
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline bassbull

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #45 on: Aug 23, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Nothing brand new so far. But, put a longer skirt on the tip over end of my one man. Also put a chain sewn in to help keep the wind from blowing in. Crossing my fingers !!!!  STEVE

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Aug 23, 2014, 08:05 PM »
just bought a pair of these.  one light for my one men shack.  i will use one of them, now if i get another one man shack i will use the other there..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-Light-Bar-4-18W-Flood-Spot-Motorcycle-LED-Work-ATV-Off-Road-Fog-Driving-Cree-/331174763174?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1b8ddaa6&vxp=mtr

also looking at another auger and a nills blade. and a few other little things to go with this stuff... like tackle, rods,so on...   

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Aug 24, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Picked up a used MarCum vs625sd last week.  I have a thermal top to put on our Yukon, the factory top was replaced under warranty, but it's still in the box ready to go on. 

Thinking I need a another setup, 13 Tickle Stick and a 6061 reel, but I may wait for clearance time. 

I also need to get a pair of bibs, should have last year while they were on sale

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Aug 24, 2014, 03:14 PM »
I also wanna get one of those tickle sticks from 13...but so far just replaced my 2nd broken jm elite series meatstick...(they haven't held up..). with another type of jm rod..,,replaced lost screw out of air filter cover for my auger., and hastely bought the wrong replacement arm for my showdown,, but it was capable of being modified, so all is not lost.....so, other than a couple new schooley rods.. (best bang for your buck)., I don't think I need anything else... so that's getting off relatively cheap, in my mind..

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #49 on: Aug 24, 2014, 04:31 PM »
A snow mobile is my new thing so far this year but also planning on buying an enclosed trailer
Never to many short poles

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #50 on: Aug 24, 2014, 04:44 PM »
I'm also planning on buying a new climate suit and some more rods
Never to many short poles

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Aug 27, 2014, 10:27 AM »
I also need to get a pair of bibs, should have last year while they were on sale

Check eBay.  Still some great deals on Striker bibs right now.  Probably others too.

Q

Offline Big_John

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Aug 27, 2014, 10:34 AM »
A new Tuned Up Custom Rod Quicktip Split Grip with Black REC.

Already on order!!

Offline bigpikekid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Aug 27, 2014, 03:21 PM »
A trekker Max and a flasher, most likely a marcum lx-3tc
"No man is an icicle to himself, but each a piece of the whole cube."

Offline bmiller423

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Aug 27, 2014, 05:20 PM »
I also wanna get one of those tickle sticks from 13...but so far just replaced my 2nd broken jm elite series meatstick...(they haven't held up..). with another type of jm rod..,,replaced lost screw out of air filter cover for my auger., and hastely bought the wrong replacement arm for my showdown,, but it was capable of being modified, so all is not lost.....so, other than a couple new schooley rods.. (best bang for your buck)., I don't think I need anything else... so that's getting off relatively cheap, in my mind..

I had the same issue with the JM rods.  Try the Temple Fork Outfitters line of ice rods.  It's the guy that owned G-Loomis and went out on his own when he sold out to Shimano. 

http://www.tforods.com/conventional-rods/gary-loomis-signature-series/hard-water-ice-rods.html

I have one of the 28" ML rods.  Going to pick up one of the 26" L for perch.  You won't be disappointed. 

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2014, 06:04 PM »
I had the same issue with the JM rods.  Try the Temple Fork Outfitters line of ice rods.  It's the guy that owned G-Loomis and went out on his own when he sold out to Shimano. 

http://www.tforods.com/conventional-rods/gary-loomis-signature-series/hard-water-ice-rods.html

I have one of the 28" ML rods.  Going to pick up one of the 26" L for perch.  You won't be disappointed.

tfo is not owned by gary loomis of g-loomis as far as i know it is a rod company that let people like loomis endorse there rods like lefty kerh Flip Pallot, Pete Maina, etc .... if they wish to also will aid in the development of the rod and give them a portion for endorsing them... but see this link i believe this is gary's web site not sure?  for how many web site and rod companies he has sold lol's???... by the way tfo's are great rods none the less....

http://www.edgerods.com/catalog/rods/salmonsteelhead

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Aug 27, 2014, 06:12 PM »
here is a picture of my new toys... got them in the mail and installed already...

Offline Hondafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Aug 28, 2014, 06:58 PM »
I need a snowmobile bad trying to find a used tundra and then would love to get my hands on a marcum825sd

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Aug 28, 2014, 10:06 PM »
Picked up a Esky Z71 auger last year on super closeout, so I'm excited to get it into the ice this year.

I love to get some transportation before the ice gets here, I'm tired of walking everywhere - and will be REALLY tired dragging that Z71!   ;D

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Aug 29, 2014, 08:05 PM »
Just picked up a Lowrance Elite 5 HDI with the ice bag and ice transducer. Can't wait to put it through the paces, I am so stoked to hit the ice this winter.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.