Author Topic: Used Vexilar  (Read 762 times)

Offline IceMän

• Team IceShanty Regular
Used Vexilar
« on: Jul 25, 2014, 12:19 PM »
I was wondering if any one could give any advise in what to watch for when buying a used Vex. I dont have the money for new, but i dont want to end up paying for one that is no good. Any advise would be great. Thanks guys!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Used Vexilar
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2014, 01:05 PM »
A good visual inspection ...loose/broken connection on head unit ...no electrical tape ANYWHERE..no silicone either ..all screws intact and all the same ,no pry marks on the outer case ...the case/unit should have no abuse marks a good case cover usually is a good indication ..the transducer cable should have no nicks tape silicone etc  the puck shouldn't have evidence it was dragged across the ice ....check for the brush noise while its running ... also check to see if the charger is working ( run the unit for a bit then plug the charger in see if the light comes on if its a vex charger).check this link for further
http://vexilar.com/info/wp_super_faq/how-can-i-test-to-see-if-my-transducer-is-bad/   

also check out the rest of the Vexilar site  ... if the seller has original box manual/dvd  usually a good sign ...also if the seller is selling it to get an upgrade and knowledge on how the unit works
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Used Vexilar
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2014, 07:13 PM »
Bench test the transducer... Kitchen floor works best, hang the transducer over the edge of the table. Should get a reading at about nine feet. At least this way you know the transducer is working.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.