Author Topic: 8" nills  (Read 813 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
8" nills
« on: Jul 23, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Looking for a place to buy a nills 8" for drill. Anyone know of any in stock? Thanks!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 8" nills
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Looked at all my usual web sites ...none to be found ..most say "out of stock for the season" ,  'seasonal item" , will be available in October etc.  They go fast when they are  in stock ...and never a deal or clearance ..I ended up going with a Strikemaster Lazer 6 in attached to DeWalt 20 v max ..also note some members are reporting that any 8 in drill unit is quite tough on a electric drill.. The math is its twice as much ice to drill through as opposed to a 6 in drill unit..If you search Clam drill pate on this site a lot of posts concerning this.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2014, 02:06 PM »
 I would call NilsUSA.1(802)658-1070 and ask for JP. Sometimes they sell demo units at a discount. That's how i got mine.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Thanks guys. I will call the in the morning.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2014, 03:54 PM »
If your talking battery drill I think you will find it will not work.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2014, 09:37 PM »
If your talking battery drill I think you will find it will not work.
I already use a Strikemaster 7". Works like a champ. The only reason I break out my Pro 4 anymore is when a 10" is wanted for tip-ups on late thick ice.

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2014, 09:07 AM »
i would either wait and see if nils comes out with an orange 8 inch, or call them and see if its in the works. the head is suppose to cut easier than the blue augers for use with the battery drill. another option might be to contact one of the nils sharpening services on the site and see if they can sharpen it differently for a battery drill. mine doesnt work on my 18 volt drill at all, its useless, i went to using the hand auger attachment and bought the tanaka powerhead for thicker ice. loving the tanaka

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2014, 01:03 PM »
Nils just called me back. They found me an 8" that was returned last year. They put a brand new head on it and sold it to me for $50 off M.S.R.P.    Who would think buying a new auger in July could get a guy pumped up about ice fishing this early! Thanks guys...

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2014, 03:01 PM »
Nils just called me back. They found me an 8" that was returned last year. They put a brand new head on it and sold it to me for $50 off M.S.R.P.    Who would think buying a new auger in July could get a guy pumped up about ice fishing this early! Thanks guys...

cold snap makes a cover for your nils thats a huge upgrade from the manufacturers cover, you can take it off with your boot and keep your fingers away from that sharp blade, very easy to use design

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2014, 05:39 PM »
cold snap makes a cover for your nils thats a huge upgrade from the manufacturers cover, you can take it off with your boot and keep your fingers away from that sharp blade, very easy to use design
Thanks, I will check it out! My wife thanks you. ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #10 on: Jul 30, 2014, 11:36 PM »
Congrats on the new purchase Joe  :thumbsup: I'll be looking forward to drilling a few with it at the gorge this winter. I just as pumped and its not even mine. Thanks for the line on a better cover fishlessman
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2014, 03:07 AM »
Congrats on finding and purchasing a Nils auger. I hope this set up works well for you ,have only read good comments about Nils products here on Ice Shanty.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.