New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: WORLDWIDE HEAT WAVE  (Read 4660 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
WORLDWIDE HEAT WAVE
« on: Jul 21, 2014, 11:46 PM »
Scientists have declared this past June the hottest the planet has been since the early 1800's.  They say the Earth's temperature increased by 1.3 Degrees overall...... not a good sign.  Could mean a very late ice fishing season for us this year.  A tempeature increase of this magnitude could be disastrous if it continues to rise.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Re: WORLDWIDE HEAT WAVE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Weather's a finite thing, I mean this year alone, we had record-breaking temps and snow on days that extended over winter... I mean we've had record-breaking heat in summers too, but still had very cold winters... we can't just assume that winter's going to come later just because one month was super hot but not any other. Just let nature and time takes it's course and we'll know when winter actually comes.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2014, 03:08 AM »
Scientists also have an extraordinary way of making mountains out of mole hills. I'm pretty confident we'll have freezing temperatures, ice, and snow this winter.... ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2014, 04:22 AM »
It's funny that they're saying that about June being the warmest since the 1800s even though it took Lake Erie until mid June to melt all it's ice off.  I don't pay much attention to these scientists who keep saying all this warming stuff especially since they were saying we just had the coldest winter of the past 100 years.  Wouldn't it be logical if we were in a worldwide heat wave for us to have record warm winters rather than the coldest in the past 100 years?  I'll bet these are the same scientists who are friends with or get their paychecks from Al Gore, who admitted he lied about global warming.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2014, 10:08 AM »
Scientists also have an extraordinary way of making mountains out of mole hills. I'm pretty confident we'll have freezing temperatures, ice, and snow this winter.... ;D

Not to mention faking data to support their claims  :o   .... it's hard to imagine how that was swept under the rug so quickly

until you realize that the media has a liberal bias then it makes complete sense that it died right down  :-\
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2014, 11:12 AM »
I don't know about elsewhere in the Northeastern US, but we've had a very mild summer in Long Island with temperatures rarely going over 85. In the last few years it's been well into the 90's be now...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2014, 12:07 PM »

...And the news here last night said it's been the 3rd COOLEST year so far here.   ::)
   Right on, Eddie.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2014, 02:33 PM »
 Oh,yeah. It's all settled science.Why do the flat earthers keep bringing this up?Wanna sell your ice gear? ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyOgSLslDDo   :whistle:
Given the big guys history,when he says,,,,,,"The debate is settled.Climate change is a FACT.".....How could you have any doubts?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2014, 10:29 AM »

lets see there was more polar ice this past year , very cold winter and more ice than normal for us and spring was cool and weed growth in the lake was between 2 and 3 weeks behind  and just last week we had cold temps that you needed a sweat shirt , so I guess we shall see, and oh yes walleyes were still spawning big time after the season reopened, hmmm 

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Scientists have declared this past June the hottest the planet has been since the early 1800's.  They say the Earth's temperature increased by 1.3 Degrees overall...... not a good sign.  Could mean a very late ice fishing season for us this year.  A tempeature increase of this magnitude could be disastrous if it continues to rise.

Probably scientists hired by obama to justify his left-wing environmental doomsday theory...  :cookoo:
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2014, 02:42 PM »
Could mean that the weather changes, just like it's done since they started keeping records.  ::)

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Could mean that the weather changes, just like it's done since they started keeping records.  ::)
Yep,and even before records were kept.People need to be smarter and not allow themselves to be used.There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's past (the Huronian, Cryogenian, Andean-Saharan, Karoo Ice Age and the Quaternary glaciation). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:31 PM »
I suppose it is a very long term trend, and we have only been keeping track for 100 years. For all we know there could be a 200-300 year cycle... or we could be irreparably destroying our environment. How can we really know? 

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:32 PM »
Yep,and even before records were kept.People need to be smarter and not allow .There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's past (the Huronian, Cryogenian, Andean-Saharan, Karoo Ice Age and the Quaternary glaciation). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

We were thinking the same thing at the same time!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2014, 05:52 PM »
It seems more often than not these "experts" base their opinion in line with the opinion of who signs their paychecks.  First it was global warming and now it's climate change, seems like they change the terms to fit their agenda when people start to wake up and realize they're feeling us a line of garbage.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2014, 07:16 AM »
Mans past feeble attempts to control the weather with dance , sacrifice and mojo had failed ...so now man controls the vernacular  it attempt to "control" his weather environment ...but with the limited attention span of man "they" must constantly change the vernacular to be the new flavor of the month in an effort to seem relative . But remember they are still "Weatherman" ...they report the weather ... and make predictions of future weather . Man experiences ...Global warming ...Climate change every year ...its called the seasons ...and during those seasons ...we have weather . Mother nature is unpredictable in most respects.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26, 2014, 08:01 AM »
I'm perusing what redundant locution will result in this upcoming seasons explanation of the climate. Last year was "Polar Vortex", what new catchphrase can the morjits apply to whatever weather accrues this year? PV has been the root cause of everything from floods to heat waves, and now has achieved the beaten equine status. I eagerly await with bated breath the latest blingword that I can toss around with reckless abandon... ;)2

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Jul 26, 2014, 03:00 PM »
You have such a way with words...   ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2014, 03:18 PM »
You have such a way with words...   ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jul 26, 2014, 07:27 PM »
I'm perusing what redundant locution will result in this upcoming seasons explanation of the climate. Last year was "Polar Vortex", what new catchphrase can the morjits apply to whatever weather accrues this year? PV has been the root cause of everything from floods to heat waves, and now has achieved the beaten equine status. I eagerly await with bated breath the latest blingword that I can toss around with reckless abandon... ;)2

Yeah what he said, I think.   ??? ??? ??? ???  LOL

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jul 26, 2014, 10:53 PM »
I think I failed that class.I'm lost in translation.Trying to better myself,I looked up 'man-made' as in climate change in the online thesaurus.
Synonyms for man-made:

adj artificial,synthetic,unnatural,counterfeit,ersatz,factitious,false,manufactured,not genuine,plastic.
Ersatz is a new word to me.Some synonyms for ersatz:adj artificial,counterfeit, fake,imitation,phony,sham,bogus,manufactured,pretended,and spurious.
You just can't make this stuff up-see for yourself.http://thesaurus.com/browse/man-made

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Aug 19, 2014, 05:13 PM »
not in canada  :o,still looking for a hot day in august.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #23 on: Aug 19, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Yeah... the hottest days we've had here are happening this week, the rest of the summer was in the 70s-80s. Not really a heatwave for the summer.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

fordman

« Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2014, 02:29 PM »
Scientists have declared this past June the hottest the planet has been since the early 1800's.  They say the Earth's temperature increased by 1.3 Degrees overall...... not a good sign.  Could mean a very late ice fishing season for us this year.  A tempeaturincrease of this magnitude could be disastrous if it continues to rise.
its a fact the Greenland ice is melting rapidly.  If you ice fish you will see any dark object on the ice collects
heat and melts the Ice. There are particles making it honeycomb.  It will never stop until nothing left. Fact it will not very end until all gone. Right melting downward 30' per year. Less ice more water and warmer oceans crazy weather. Wake up people

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 21, 2014, 01:02 AM »
Well... now we can all see that "Opinions are just like A$$holes.....everybody has one" !!  Those of us living now may not get to actually SEE the results of Global Warming.....but our grandchildren surely will.  Right now there are just little signs, like starving/dying Polar Bears (for lack of ice to hunt on), warmer oceans, rising ocean levels (seem minor to us TODAY --- but wait), .... just little things like that.  Fifty years from now you can throw away your ice fishing gear.... you won't need it !!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #26 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:05 AM »
The “overwhelming judgment of science” shows the asserted global warming crisis exists solely in the minds of global warming alarmists.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:16 AM »
I hope not iceballs ... This summer has been nice not to many days over 90* & the cool morning temps...
images.jpeg

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:31 AM »
Right now there are just little signs, like starving/dying Polar Bears (for lack of ice to hunt on),

um, yeah... no. That has been pretty well disproved. The bears are fine and adapting to hunting on land more. The biggest problem they faced was actually expending calories hunting instead of ambushing. that was what had the researches worried but it proved to be no big deal. The bears are doing just fine and adapting.

Our weather channel has taken to calling this past summer "the summer without a heat wave". Heck, we have heat waves and cold spells. It has happened and will happen for a long, long time. I have no problem with cleaning up the planet but as far as global warming, it's a natural trend and will over-correct itself in it's own time. Then there will be an ice age and we'll have to get longer drill's, LOL!!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29 on: Aug 21, 2014, 07:11 AM »

The farmer's almanac says it's going to be a colder winter than usual in the northeast, if that's true, I need more firewood. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.