New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: WORLDWIDE HEAT WAVE  (Read 4661 times)

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WORLDWIDE HEAT WAVE
« Reply #30 on: Aug 21, 2014, 03:58 PM »
Fifty years from now you can throw away your ice fishing gear.... you won't need it !!
Thinking I can agree on this part but it likely won't be climate or environmental. OPINIONS of the "civilized"[groups such as PETA] will be forced on the rest of us.Anyway,best of luck on ice we can still enjoy it now.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #31 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:28 PM »
The “overwhelming judgment of science” shows the asserted global warming crisis exists solely in the minds of global warming alarmists.

In the OVERWHELMING OPINION OF SCIENTISTS OF THE DAY....Thomas Edison was an idiot..... Louis Pasteur was completely nuts (imagine... invisible germs that can't be seen can make us sick... ridiculous!!), men, walking on the moon -IMPOSSIBLE !   Get the picture ???

Offline ADKLakerTaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Nonsense! Late season....

Hard tell'n, not know'n

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #33 on: Aug 21, 2014, 07:40 PM »
  Get the picture ???

I get the picture, but you wouldn't like my interpretation...   ::)

Peace out!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline OWOF1946

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Aug 21, 2014, 08:42 PM »
And if hell freezes over I will try fishing there too!!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Aug 22, 2014, 07:29 AM »
In the OVERWHELMING OPINION OF SCIENTISTS OF THE DAY....Thomas Edison was an idiot..... Louis Pasteur was completely nuts (imagine... invisible germs that can't be seen can make us sick... ridiculous!!), men, walking on the moon -IMPOSSIBLE !   Get the picture

weell... not really. Edison was considered a free thinker. In his young childhood his teacher called him addle minded. His mother immediately pulled him from school and home schooled him (as if home schooling was a new thing). He was considered a businessman and inventor, not a scientist.

Pasteur was always considered a genius. We weren't axactly in the dark ages in the 1800's. Heck, we even knew the world wasn't flat and micro biology was a common course at universties. By the time he was 30 or so he was the dean of sciences at Lille University.

And the moon? Heck, when we decided to go there, we did. Just like when Columbus decided to cross the ocean he did or Eric the Red hittin Greenland or the early settlers following the Bering Straight 25,000 years ago or so to a new continent that they didn't know existed. heck, going places ain't nothin new.

Just like there is nothing new about crowds of people getting scared and runnin around terrified cuz someone said the sky was falling!

Did you know that the crust of the earth is only a few miles thick? well, actually 5-25 miles thick depending on where you are. Under that it is seriously hot, like molten. At the bottom of the crust it is 1800 degrees! As you go deeper it gets much hotter, the center of the earth is almost 13,000 degrees! We are basically sitting on top of a big frying pan. But space is cold, around -460 degrees. Our atmosphere, magnetic force created by the giant spinning molten ball of iron at the Earths core and our distance from the sun as well as rotation speed and our wonderful liquid water all help to keep this planet living. It isn't one thing but many things that keep us going.

Did you know that 3 1/2 billion years ago the Earth was covered with a layer of ice that was probably several miles thick and lasted about a billion years? and 100 million years ago there was practically no ice at all? Did you know that 4 1/2 billion years ago the Earth got hit by a smaller planet kinda like slapping one big clay-ball into a bigger clay-ball, and a part that didn't stick became the moon. And 65 million years a large rock hit the earth causeing the latest great ice age and killing off 95% of the life on the planet. The ice age that we are just recently, like 30,000 years ago recently, just crawling out of.

this planet is a marvel of change. I hate the polution, it stinks and makes things ugly but in the long run... it realy only matters to us. A billion years from now there will be little to remember of it and 5 billion years from now the solar system will be very different. The earth and other planets will most likely be gone, The sun will explode into a giant wipeing them out and the Andromeda galaxy will be slamming into the Milkyway and merging into a giant galaxy. But in the next 5 billion years, the climate on this planet is just gonna keep on changing. heat waves, cold fronts. artic vortex's and melting polar caps. Ice ages and water ages.

I just hope there's good ice in December.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Aug 22, 2014, 07:36 AM »
So Change is the only Constant in the Universe.. 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Aug 22, 2014, 07:42 AM »
sure. that works.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #38 on: Aug 22, 2014, 08:44 AM »
I'm going to have to apply Doris Day's main theme to the weather. Kinda sums it all up.  ;D

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #39 on: Aug 22, 2014, 08:53 PM »
It's been the coolest on record for us but this week is around 90 it's the hottest week we have had all summer
Never to many short poles

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #40 on: Aug 22, 2014, 10:23 PM »
It's been the coolest on record for us but this week is around 90 it's the hottest week we have had all summer

Same here for Chicago
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Aug 23, 2014, 02:21 PM »
         The farmer's almanac says it's going to be a colder winter than usual in the northeast, if that's true, I need more firewood. :o
Saw that as well and sent chills down my spine... In a good way plus saying less than average snow fall which is gonna make my walking a whole heck of a lot easier. Still thinking about building myself a smittysled before the Polar Vortex gets back this way. Counting down the days now!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Aug 23, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Still thinking about building myself a smittysled before the Polar Vortex gets back this way. Counting down the days now!

Built two last year ...very nice add on ..one spot I go I drag for 1/4 mile or more of trail ...much easier ..and with last years bitter cold had to bring a lot more gear ..the extra gear weight was not even an issue
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Aug 23, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Last year the Farmer's Almanac was right on the money and I'm hoping it is again this year.  I'm glad I'm almost done with my have to do list so I can focus on getting my ice gear prepped.

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Sep 13, 2014, 12:10 PM »
its a fact the Greenland ice is melting rapidly.  If you ice fish you will see any dark object on the ice collects
heat and melts the Ice. There are particles making it honeycomb.  It will never stop until nothing left. Fact it will not very end until all gone. Right melting downward 30' per year. Less ice more water and warmer oceans crazy weather. Wake up people
The latest on Arctic Ice and polar bears:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2738653/Stunning-satellite-images-summer-ice-cap-thicker-covers-1-7million-square-kilometres-MORE-2-years-ago-despite-Al-Gore-s-prediction-ICE-FREE-now.html

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Sep 14, 2014, 07:15 AM »
Thanks Stone cold Cat  I to read another article but was unable to find it and post it , one I read also stated the same thing ,

fordman

« Reply #46 on: Sep 15, 2014, 07:54 PM »
The latest on Arctic Ice and polar bears:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2738653/Stunning-satellite-images-summer-ice-cap-thicker-covers-1-7million-square-kilometres-MORE-2-years-ago-despite-Al-Gore-s-prediction-ICE-FREE-now.html
ice caps are like lakes some years have more ice some less. But glaciers are different they are not going to refreeze any time soon. Look up those facts

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Sep 16, 2014, 04:50 AM »
  Wake up people
OK fordman,you're all in.Emotions aside,assuming everyone wakes up, what is your solution?

fordman

« Reply #48 on: Sep 16, 2014, 06:43 PM »
OK fordman,you're all in.Emotions aside,assuming everyone wakes up, what is your solution?
the solution is get drunk as possible catch em why we can. Wish I had time to tell the solution.people wouldn't be able to handle it. So lets get to a new subject. Believe me I love ice fishing. The truth sucks about why are weather is xXxX up. Peace out :tipup:

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Sep 16, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Peace out :tipup: and tight lines to you,sir.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.