The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Statewide Tournament Question  (Read 729 times)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Statewide Tournament Question
« on: Jun 26, 2014, 05:01 PM »
Anyone fish the statewide tournament this past year? Have any comments positive or negative about the tournament? We are looking to run a statewide event this upcoming season in NYS and would like to hear some input from anglers who have fished this type of tournament before.
Thanks! @)

Tim.
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline Sawyerjosh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Statewide Tournament Question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2014, 07:56 PM »
We didn't really have a statewide like we have in the past this year.  the key to a good one, (here in maine at least) is to have multiple species, so people in different parts of the state have opportunities to fish what is near them, the prizes don't need to be huge, but need to be decent to get any numbers, fish pool prizes are a definite bonus (for those who can catch fish but maybe not trophies, and that esp opens it to families who want their kids to catch fish but may not be able to hit the 'big fish' bodies of water), have multiple weigh stations so people can fish throughout the state and still be within an hr or so of a weigh station.  also, I think having it 2 days rather than just one will def up your attendance!  If I am forgetting anything I def ask other people to weigh in.  Good luck!!  Also, set up an online results page, preferably one that is updated throughout,so people can check to see if a fish they caught should be weighed in or if they should keep fishing!

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Thanks for the input! Was there any particular reason it didn't run this year? How many anglers were in it the last time it ran?

As it is organized right now, we have 14 weigh-in stations, 7 fish categories, it will run from Jan. 1 through Feb. 22, and we have a large website platform built complete with leaderboard (updated at least twice daily), state roadway map with weigh-in locations and their info, and if we have the sponsor support we had last year, we'll have around $20,000 in sponsored product to give out in addition to the prize monies. We'll be sponsoring the NYS board here on IS hopefully starting in August when we launch the registration for the tourney. If you want to keep tabs on it, stop over to the NY board later this summer! @)
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2014, 03:16 AM »
Pretty cool idea. Sounds like you've certainly got the ball rolling. :thumbsup: I'd most definitely enter.
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.