Author Topic: You Guys Bored?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
You Guys Bored?
« on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:30 AM »
The gills are everywhere at Pactola. I whacked a stack last week and I'm going back for more. Open a cold one, get out your lure of choice, anchor, and enjoy!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

For you eastern guys, I'm sure you all have piles of bluegills everywhere.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Great way to make some memories til ice. I've caught a bunch of walleyes this summer too. Big ones. Broke my personal best twice and even won a bass tournament.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: You Guys Bored?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:09 PM »
It's been many years since I caught a truly bull 'gill. Used to gut'em, scale'em and hand them over to grandma for an outstanding platter of fried fish and sides! Congrats on busting your PB twice to sir!

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Thanks Wyo, and times have changed. Now I fillet them with a cordless electric Rapala. But....I still hand them off to my Mom and she fries them up and serves them with fresh homemade potato salad and cole slaw. Dang, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline jgouldin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2014, 06:37 PM »
We did pretty good this summer also.  I couldn't even say how many eyes we caught and like you said some really nice ones.... never broke my best but got a 29 and 28.5.   Also caught some nice pike, 37 40 41.......still cant wait for ice season though.
Gouldin

Offline bowcarp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2014, 08:45 PM »
pactola is still on my list to fish through the ice I want a laker don't even want to keep it just to be able say ya I caught one once , cant remember the last time I caught good gill's though , but if I'm driving 300 miles I'll hold out for the lakers
governments should fear their citizens
“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”― Socrates
I miss North Dakota (least I did till the oil moved in )

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Man its just  too hot. Maybe this weekend will be a bit cooler. Enough to at least get up to Deerfield.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2014, 04:03 AM »
I hate waiting for fishable ice but at least it's getting colder at night at my house.  They are calling for record cold tonight, hopefully this is a sign that we'll have early ice.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2014, 01:01 PM »
I'm already seeing wasps try to get in the garage, and flocks of blackbirds in the yard that don't usually show up til about a month from now. A friend of mine is having mice show up in the house. Hmmm... :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2014, 02:29 PM »
That's certainly good sign.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2014, 06:44 PM »
I'm already seeing wasps try to get in the garage, and flocks of blackbirds in the yard that don't usually show up til about a month from now. A friend of mine is having mice show up in the house. Hmmm... :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Heck yes!!! Painting the trim on the house and doing some caulking, I'm so bored!!!! Putting in a new picture window and side windows Monday....inspected roof and shingles today.  My crabapples  are half red, some leaves falling off the Birches...lotsa acorns on the trees....hmmm.....I better be ready. And, the Cicadas are buzzing in the MORNING.... ::)   :woot:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.