Author Topic: Ghost town  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ghost town
« on: Jun 23, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Funny how quiet it gets in here during the summer months :)    5 more months til we are walking on water

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
Re: Ghost town
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Funny how quiet it gets in here during the summer months :)    5 more months til we are walking on water
Ik was hoping for more ice talk!!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Ik was hoping for more ice talk!!

I'm here practically all year-round just to avoid the crappy heat, I want to talk about the ice 24/7.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2014, 06:38 PM »
I'm here year round and lie for ice fishing.  The site slows down quite a bit but the diehards are always here from time to time.  I'm up to my eyeballs with things I have to get done and caught up on but in my spare time I'm thinking about my want list for the up coming season.

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2014, 07:42 PM »
I'm here year round and lie for ice fishing.  The site slows down quite a bit but the diehards are always here from time to time.  I'm up to my eyeballs with things I have to get done and caught up on but in my spare time I'm thinking about my want list for the up coming season.

Well said brotha!  :thumbsup: but you do mean live* for ice fishing, right or both... cuz let's face it, we are all fishermen after all!
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Stewie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2014, 01:57 PM »
It's Striped Bass season 'round here ( a slow one so far ), but I sure am looking forward to fishing through a ten inch hole in Maine again. So much fun it was worth the 90 minute drive.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2014, 12:33 PM »

Already tired of the heat! I can't wait for ice!

I've gone through my ice gear prob 3-4 times already and have a growing list of things to do/buy. If it wasn't for the garden and some trout mixed in here and there I would be going insane!

Offline WalleyewarriorII

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get busy living or get busy dying!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2014, 06:48 PM »
LOL   I have a new Frabill Commando setting on the floor in the garage.  Ordered the Frabill from Walmart and had it shipped to the local store..  I have added a rod holder along the side and rod holders on the front.  Also added in the corners tool holders for pliers, etc.  I am trying to attach the photos of the upgrades but not having much luck?  Any suggestions?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Well said brotha!  :thumbsup: but you do mean live* for ice fishing, right or both... cuz let's face it, we are all fishermen after all!

Yeah I meant LIVE for ice fishing, darn typos.  Although I would definitely lie to get out of work and out ice fishing.  LOL :tipup:

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2014, 03:03 AM »
Yeah I meant LIVE for ice fishing, darn typos.  Although I would definitely lie to get out of work and out ice fishing.  LOL :tipup:

I've dabbled in doing that a couple times  :whistle:

Offline Ford4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jul 30, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Im so ready for the ice and all my winter fun things I enjoy. Im ready to sit and look and my hole just wonder what may grab my line.

Offline jbhandjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2014, 08:16 PM »
I can't wait either.  I live in Lincoln so we normally just go to Holmes before/after work.

This year I'm pulling the trigger on some electronics...probably going with Hum 386ci or new lowrance unit.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Aug 04, 2014, 09:32 AM »
I have had thoughts 'a brewin in my mind all summer about this year's hardwater season.  Hopefully it turns out as well as last year, and maybe better.

My list of want to try lakes has gotten bigger, and I will have more vacation this year,

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2014, 01:03 PM »
I had to visit the site.....thought it would help quell my desire to drill ice.  Nothing so far...LOL.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2014, 07:03 PM »
The site sure has gotten a lot more active in the past few weeks.  On a good sign note I saw two trees with a few leaves that have already changed color.  It might not really mean anything but I'm hoping it's a sign of an early fall and winter.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Aug 04, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Was hoping to hear some soft water stories.    Work has been so hectic only been out twice.    Hope everyone else is having better luck. 

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2014, 07:54 AM »
I've been catching and freezing creek chubs for tip up bait.  It's suprisingly fun.  Last night I caught two 5-6" sunfish, along with about 50 shorter ones.

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #17 on: Aug 08, 2014, 10:31 PM »
Yeh, I am tired of the heat too. I am also tired of flood irrigating my corn in the heat....Yes, I knew it would need the water when I planted it !  I have looked over some of my gear though and made some connections with some other people that are interested in ice fishing.  Can't wait for mother nature to make those crystal dance floors on the lakes so we can start our ice fishing parties and get out the snowmobiles !  Happy trails !

Offline DakotaAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2014, 09:02 AM »
Only 3 months until the Dakota Angler (no affiliation) Ice Institute in Sioux Falls! This past year was my first on the ice, and I absolutely fell in love with ice fishing. My season lasted Jan 6 to Mar 1, and this year I am hoping to extend that by a few weeks on either end.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Yes Ice Institute, good thing to go to. Planning on going again this year. Should be a good show of people from Nebraska there.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2014, 08:59 AM »
Only 3 months until the Dakota Angler (no affiliation) Ice Institute in Sioux Falls! This past year was my first on the ice, and I absolutely fell in love with ice fishing. My season lasted Jan 6 to Mar 1, and this year I am hoping to extend that by a few weeks on either end.

Dang that sounds sweet, I may have to check that out as well

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #21 on: Aug 12, 2014, 12:46 PM »
Todd puts on a a great show.  I need to find away to divert my attention from the lake for that long.  I was going to go 3 years ago...I end up fishing on the river somewhere if I remember right.  But the guests are great.  If I need pro advice, I normally just call Ted T.  He knows whassup...
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline WalleyewarriorII

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get busy living or get busy dying!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Aug 12, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Anyone know the exact dates for the Ice institute this year?

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Aug 12, 2014, 11:29 PM »
Hi Anxious Hardwater Dwellers  ;D,
I had contacted Todd Heitkamp of Dakota Angler and he replied to me today that the Ice Institute will be on November 7 & 8, 2014  in Sioux Falls, SD. at the Central Baptist Church.  No other information at this time.   Happy trails..... maybe to Sioux Falls in November ! @)

Offline DakotaAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Aug 13, 2014, 08:33 AM »
Correct.

Nov 7 5p-9p
Nov 8 9a-5p

More information and ticket sales usually start in September.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #25 on: Aug 13, 2014, 10:49 PM »
Hey IceHutt, pick me up on the way by, myself and some others here from Central Nebraska are going.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Aug 18, 2014, 09:52 AM »
OK, Let's put together a plan to go when the time gets closer.  D. Hutt  (IceHutt)  Grant, Ne.

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Aug 20, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Fellow hardwater fanatics,
If you want to go to the Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show that is billed as the grandpappy of them all, It is held in Saint Paul, Mn. on Dec. 5-7, 2014.  They indicate that they have 190 exhibitors at this show.  That would be a great show to go to if you don't mind traveling a ways.   Happy trails !

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #28 on: Aug 21, 2014, 12:39 PM »
I broke out the short rods and sonar a few weeks ago.  Took it all out on the boat at Wildwood.  The water looks like chocolate milk, what with all the rain we've had this year.  Very little action that day but found a few more promising spots for ice season.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Aug 21, 2014, 06:30 PM »
I makes a couple good spots at the second tournament this year.  Need to do some more prefishing this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.