The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: lake Jean drawdown  (Read 5061 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: lake Jean drawdown
« Reply #30 on: Sep 02, 2014, 05:49 PM »
It has nothing to do with lake jean.
Hey i have been wrong before brother
But i was right this time.lol.No harm done or hard feelings i hope.I thought this was a free forum.Dont tell me this is the first time you seen a topic drift REG.LOL.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Sep 02, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Lots of topics drift but they more often than not come full circle. 

Chez, you better show your wife these posts and prove that you were right at least once.  HAHAHAHA

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Sep 02, 2014, 06:38 PM »
I hear ya big gun.lol.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #33 on: Oct 02, 2014, 06:37 AM »
When does the plug get pulled for Jean

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Oct 02, 2014, 10:34 PM »
When does the plug get pulled for Jean

They are saying next spring. I would guess around ice out.

I don't know if I will make it up this winter.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Oct 03, 2014, 06:14 AM »
OK Thanks for that, This is what I heard also. I wish I lived a little closer, it should be interesting ice fishing this season, as there is no limits. Lots of meat hunters will be there, But I guess this is a good thing, as lots of fish will probably just die and be stuck in the mud.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Oct 03, 2014, 12:36 PM »
I never been to Jean, maybe I will go up with my metal detector when they drain it
NAM69, can you use a detector in a state park in pa? thought this was a big no-no.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Oct 03, 2014, 02:56 PM »
You are allowed to detect a state park but can not dig or remove any dirt. They allow you a screw driver to retrieve a coin or ring. On the beach you can use a scoop but most places open up after Labor day weekend. When the lake gets drained there will be lots of guys on there. trouble with that is you must deal with the mud. When Sweet Arrow drained out there was a man there for a few weeks, he found all kinds of rings, lures. etc.  My parents lived there for awhile, thats how I know this. I went up but could not deal with the mud. I have seen my share of mud and could not handle it.  There will be guys there spot checking with their eyes looking for those wooden lures and what ever else is laying on the surface. If there are initials inside the ring, and its a school ring I try to track the person down. its all about the find, Once you find it, the trill is gone. I got pretty good at retrieving items and only using a probe. its not for a beginner but a seasoned metal detecting guy can and should know how to do this. You never know I have been in the area after I metal detect it. You should give it a go, you may like it. You can always contact me and I will get you detecting in a half hours time. I would be happy to do this for you. I have a new man I am meeting Monday,he knows nothing about it but has a 1200 dollar machine. I hope to get him on his way as he is a good Vietnam buddy of mine. Good luck on the ice this year

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2014, 06:37 PM »
NE Pa Fish Commission called me to explained ...  Cant have Ice Fishing Derby on Jean jan 4, 2015 due drawdown the lake very soon before December to slow drain out .  awww so move to lackawanna state park  and keep eye on post on derby info... soon

Offline Mike Reilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Oct 09, 2014, 08:34 PM »
that sucks was hoping they would let us get some pickraeel out this winter oh well  sucks going to miss seeing my buddy garrison there

Offline Perchdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Oct 17, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Can't believe they wouldn't let you guys have the derby in Jan.They want lots of fish harvested so everyone in the derby could put everything
in a bucket and turn in the proper specie for the prizes.Stopped in to the office at Jean today to check if anything changed and they said draining it after iceout
is still the plan.I wish i could better understand these outfits.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Oct 17, 2014, 06:10 PM »
Why can't you regulars help move these fish into other nearby Lakes. This does not make any sense to drain the Lake and not take the breeders out of there. If I lived near there I would get something going and team up to get those fish into another body of water

Offline HooKEDUP24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Oct 20, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Why can't you regulars help move these fish into other nearby Lakes. This does not make any sense to drain the Lake and not take the breeders out of there. If I lived near there I would get something going and team up to get those fish into another body of water

The state will use trap nets to relocate fish to nearby lakes after ice out.
Ice Fishing Marathoner

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Oct 20, 2014, 04:05 PM »
Well that is good news.

Offline Perchdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Oct 30, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Fish and boat was netting fish at Jean and was told they took approx.3000 out and stocked them in Francis Slocum.
For a lake that size thats not a lot of fish really.Understand there was a lot of nice Perch.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Even though I don't fish those lakes I am glad to here the Fish Comm. is doing something

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Oct 31, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Good to see the fish not being wasted, and slocom could use the fish ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.