Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608202 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9870 on: Sep 10, 2017, 04:07 PM »
Steve, I just checked as I typed this and spell check works fine and has survived the update/upgrades. I did it by intentionally misspelling as I typed this, some unintentionally also!!  ;)2 :whistle: I hope everyone has a good rest of the evening!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9871 on: Sep 11, 2017, 03:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Patriots day, I am sure everyone knows exactly what they were doing at that fateful day >:(

A long weekend has me a little tired this morning. First post went poof so I guess I will leave it at this.

Best of luck if hitting the lakes :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9872 on: Sep 11, 2017, 03:07 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 47* on the Hill this am, high of 73 expected today. Prayers sent to all those in Irma's path.

Today is the 16th Anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, a day we will all remember and never forget. Hard to believe its been 16 years ago, as the memory is as fresh now as it was the day it happened. Our President has declared it Patriot Day.
   My flag will be flown today in honor of all those who lost their lives that tragic day.
   What were you doing when the attacks took place?
   Ironically, I was working at a chemical plant building explosion proof walls when the first plane struck. After the second plane hit, the chemical plant went into a shut down and we were hurriedly removed from the premises.
    Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!      Never forget....

Hope you have a safe day in the jungle today Marv!   :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9873 on: Sep 11, 2017, 04:40 AM »

Good Morning Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 47* and clear on my hill this morning, another beautiful day is in store for the Adirondacks! But it is our
                travel day to Maine, the forecast for there is the same for the first part of the week! :thumbsup:
                        Marv......It's amazing how tired we can get with days off from work, get some rest this week so you can do
                it all again next weekend. lol ;D
                        Eddie.....I agree, it's hard to believe that it's been 16 years since the attack on the World Trade Center. I also
                was working at a chemical plant in New Jersey and they told us when we tell you to run "RUN".
                        I will be computer free for the next week, I'll be back next Tuesday so.....I hope everyone has a good week
                either at work or out wetting some lines!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9874 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Good morning. Mid 40's and this week doesn't look bad.
WW, good luck out on Erie.
IW, have a good trip.
Eddie, I was working downtown Albany on 9-11. I watched some of it on a TV at the Verizon office on State St.
I didn't fish at all last week. I did go to the weigh in for the contest. Biggest walleye was 20", pike was just over 40", bass was 18" and there were NO trout.
Last night was the first night of bowling. Didn't do bad...492.
Have and good week and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9875 on: Sep 11, 2017, 07:33 AM »
Good Morning ER's  How could anyone forget this day.  Ranks right up there with remembering Pearl.  Will be putting my Flag out shortly and hook up the boat for a trip to the lake.

Guess I am dealing with a smart pack rat,  I put some bird seed on a 5 quart ice cream lid next to a ply board for a light back ground, and left the deck light on.  Only to find after i missed nailing one, the lid was drug 6 feet away to near where it comes out on the deck.  Lid was empty of course.  :cookoo: :%$#!:

Take care all will check in after noon.  Oh and its 67* this morning heading to the 80's again.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9876 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:12 AM »
It sounds like the S-I-L place might have been spared buy Irma. I just watched a video report from their island. They got no real flooding. The friends mother slept through it with little damage other than tree limbs. Lucky for them. Irma is slowly loosing her strength but will continue to damage as it moves north with the rain and tornados.

I am going looking for a new thimble for my chimney today. Hope I can find one over here and save time over at the other place.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9877 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:51 AM »
I switched to Google Chrome because I was having problems with white X's in a black box where the sponsors should have been! I've been having a lot of problems with Internet Explorer of late, and bit the bullet and switched! I can see the site now and many other problems have also gone away! Anyone else having problems with IE???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9878 on: Sep 11, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone is well on this day of remembrance. I haven't been able to get on the site. I kept getting the message that the server was down. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Finally got the floor down on my mothers goose coop. Funny how a small project turns into a bigger project. Hope everyone is having a good day and tight lines to those who were on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9879 on: Sep 11, 2017, 04:38 PM »
OS, I switched months ago. 

Got to the lake and had it all to myself for couple hours.  See the old guy had his steamer out.  pretty heat outfit.  Catching picked up from my last trip.  Landed 3 species Walleyes, 1 keeper 2 11&14" Crappies, and a 10" Blue gill.  Gills are few and far between.  Water temp cooled a little down from 72 to 69.4 at 7:30 launch time.  Little high cloud cover and a pleasant breeze.

Invited Neighbor and her Son for a fish fry tomorrow.  She is in her 80's and Son has a hard time trying to walk on bad knees, not able to work,

Did the other Hurricane stay out in the Atlantic ?  Glad to hear some didn't get more damage than what it was feared it could have done.  Nice place to visit, but sure wouldn't want to live there.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9880 on: Sep 11, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Good evening folks , I know many of you can also remember where you were on the day President Kennedy was shot I was a toddler a that time so 9-11 is my "Where were you when the world stopped turning" moment as country signer Alan Jackson called the event of 9-11 in a song commemorating the day. I consider myself lucky in that when 9-11 occurred  was at my families seasonal vacation home and only had a radio and cell phone so no offense/disrespect but I did not have to watch video footage of airplane crashing into second tower that was played repeatedly in TV media coverage. I heard of the event while getting a few items at a gas station/mini-market thought they had a radio on next day when I went to get newspaper realized itthey had a Tv set first pictures foot I got to see looked like a war zone with burned out vehicles,etc. Being only 65-70 miles north of NYC my area has many people who commute to NYC "the city " for work. A neighboring town lost nine gentlemen who worked as firemen. I also know a person who worked in telecommunications (because of the World Trade Center height the roofs had many types of communication equipment on them including many antenas for cell phone and TV signal relay. This gentlemen has mixed emotions about the day he was supposed to be on one of the roofs looking at/bidding a job but was sick that day so did not make the trip. As he says by the grace of GOd I'm still alive.
OldSailor will have to look into Google Chrome I'm using older Windows software which maybe source of some of my computer problems. Before the recent upgrades there were three items under box that contains your post (spell check,post and review) now I only have post and review hence my question.
Icefisher-45 glad you finished the goose house floor. It seems to be a constant for me the most small jobs become big ones.  ::) :whistle:
Whopper Stopper how is the meat pole replacement going do you have a new pole up and waiting for it's first deer.
Eddie I assume your work day was interrupted for a moment of silence or other commemoration of 9-11 .
Ice Wanderer hope your brother made it through Irma in good shape and the two of you have spoken with each other.
Hunts2long best to you and your team mates with this years bowling season .
Mr.Turkey good to read your family and friend's mother suffered no major problems from Irma . May all go well finding and replacing the chimney thimble.
Wallyworld how is the fishing are you boating a good number of Keeper walleyes.
IFF rodents have not become a problem for mankind over hundreds of years by being stupid. Good job with the fishing and a big  :thumbsup: and  :clap: for having your neighbor and son over for a fish dinner.
Back on overnight shift this week so time to prepare for workday. Have a good evening everyone.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9881 on: Sep 12, 2017, 02:20 AM »
Good Mornimg Everyone,
   49* to start the day off here in the Hilltowns, high of 77 expected today with lots of sunshine. Early start this morning and running a tad behind...will catch up to you all this evening!  Cawfee's on....

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Iceshanty Users Online
    138 Guests, 2 Users (0 Buddies)
masoneddie, HIMO

Good Morning Himo! 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9882 on: Sep 12, 2017, 02:43 AM »
Good Morning everyone, 48° this morning. Starting to cool down. Maybe a early winter. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9883 on: Sep 12, 2017, 03:22 AM »
Morning everyone! I noticed that local time is off by an hour. Any idea how to correct that?? Maybe from the update???  I hope eveytone has a good day at whatever is on the planner!!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9884 on: Sep 12, 2017, 07:04 AM »
I do not think we have had clear blue sky in a long time as we are still getting smoke from the fires in Canada.

A friend came over and tried to get the spark plug back in the Explorer that blew out a while back. We finally figured out that the threads were gone in the head. I actually got my Aqua view out to try and get a better view of the plug hole as it is down in a deep hole in the head. We do not know what we are going to do with the dang Explorer now. To costly to have the head replaced. Maybe put it back in using JB weld and peddle it at the local auto auction.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9885 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:18 PM »
Well the fish fry was a big hit with my elderly neighbors.  Beer battered deep fry, and also did some Cheese Curds.  Seeing on the news about some Islands are really hurting with 95% of structures being destroyed, and now in survival mode.

See Saturday will be the first break in the 80's daytime temps, then right back into them.

Wonder how the Pacific is going to fare with there Typhoon season  :unsure:

almost time for Rat patrol again.  I put out some ex-lax and they cleaned that up  ::)

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9886 on: Sep 12, 2017, 09:47 PM »
The friend that tried to fix the Explorer has found a kit that should allow us to put a helicoil in the plug hole and get it fixed so I can get rid of it.

I have a internet site that shows the winds all over the world. I am going to post the main domain name. You might have to look around the site to find how to get to the map. You can drag the map all over the world. The hurricane that is out in the Atlantic seems to be moving slightly to the northeast. What I posted did not work

Search earthwindmap and it should come up.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9887 on: Sep 13, 2017, 03:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Not much to report just wanted to say Hello on this warm "Hump Day"

Tom, I have earth wind map book marked and go to it fairly often. Good site :thumbsup:

OS did you get your time fixed? You should be able to adjust it here http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;u=57417

WW hope the fishing is going well for you and Mr Wally :clap:

Eddie, are they running you hard this week? Have a safe Wednesday Sir!

The S-I-L is on vacation for 3 weeks. She spent some time in Montana, Idaho and last night in Oregon. The one common denominator so far has been all the smoke and hot weather. She had planned on staying in her tent most nights but after one night in 90 degree heat she has sought out motels Lol. She has seen lots of elk, and mule deer and is having a blast.

Time to find the bologna and bread then fire up the Buick.

Best of luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9888 on: Sep 13, 2017, 03:26 AM »
Thanks WS, but I found it on my own. It just took me a minute or two of poking around to find it. Have a safe day in the jungle Sir!! And I hope everyone else has an enjoyable day doing whatever they choose! Getting rain here from Irma, she can end her visit anytime!  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9889 on: Sep 13, 2017, 06:19 AM »
Happy Hump Day. Weather was great yesterday to be out on the lake. Only 4 walleyes and had to work for those. None were keepers. Did have a pretty nice pike (about 35") up to the boat before it turned, made a run and broke me off. Saw a friend out there and he wasn't doing very well either. Hope WW is having better luck
Not much going on today. Wife has an appt. with the knee doctor. Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9890 on: Sep 13, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Rat patrol results is I see one had cleaned up some bird seed and the exlax.  Didn't look like it touched any of the decon pieces.  :unsure: :whistle:

WW are you seeing much in the way of fall colors ?  Had a few Robins stop in for a drink of water, must be getting ready to head south.

Getting close to sunup as I type.  Will have to check on the honey-do-list, think it trim out dead branches and get the gutters cleaned before we get more rain.  Guessers think 50% sometime tomorrow. :unsure:

Hope all goes well for everyones hump day.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9891 on: Sep 14, 2017, 03:43 AM »
Good morning ER's! Where the heck is everyone??? I got up, grabbed my coffee and  pulled up the 9:45 thread and NOTHING!!!  :o Irma is on her way out after her visit and that's fine with me!! I hope everyone has a good day at whatever is planned for the day. 
             OS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9892 on: Sep 14, 2017, 04:11 AM »
Good Morning OS, Good Morning Everybody :bow:

It looks like the crew is all busy with fishing, working, traveling, etc. Hope we get some activity updates over the weekend. :thumbsup:

The wife and I are going to head to Cedar Rapids Iowa tomorrow for a couple of days. I have a Niece that lives down there so we are going for a visit. Today I have a side job to take care of. For the most part it is an oak stub that is 38" at the base and about 40' tall. With the storm we had earlier in the year everyone including myself is all filled up with wood

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Keep safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9893 on: Sep 14, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Morning all,

I'm back  ;D   Tried posting several times while we were gone, but kept getting the boot   :%$#!:   thought maybe you guys kicked me out of the club lol  :roflmao: :blink:    had a blast out on Erie, managed 38 legal eyes in 3 days of fishing  :thumbsup:  weather was perfect, sunny, warm, light winds   @)  couldn't have picked a better time to be out there.  I have a couple pics I'll post later, lots to catch up on today  ;)

WS....sounds like quite a trip your s-i-l is undertaking  :thumbsup:  hope the weather cools off a bit for her. Safe travels to Iowa tomorrow, enjoy your visit  :)

IFF.....leaves are beginning to change, more to come I know ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9894 on: Sep 14, 2017, 07:30 AM »
It is headed back to the 80's again. Not looking forward to that. The well drillers finally came back to drill a new well to replace a bad well that pumps H2O into the lake. Their excuse is that they got hung up on another job? For two or three months???

I think I found a new thimble. We will see if a piece of 6 inch stove pipe goes into the ones they have. I stopped at a Menards store to get a length of pipe as I had a rebate check to spend from the door I bought to put in the garage. I asked the guy at the hardware service desk where the pipe was at. The gal that was also there Snarled and said "I am waiting on another customer." The guy took me to the pipe even though he was not even on the clock yet. I asked him if the gal was always that nasty. He said quite often. That is why I spend most of my money at Lowes. We get the wife's military discount plus or Lowes card discount in $$$ off not a rebate check that has to be spent there unlike Menards rebates that have to be spent there.

I power washed the one side of the garage yesterday. I had not done a real good power washing of it since we bought the place. They had put all vented soffit on the garage. When I hit it, it was like mud that ran out of it and the siding. That much vented soffit is nothing but a dirt catcher. Only one out of four needs to be vented. While I was at it I used the leaf blower to blow the leaves out of the gutter.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9895 on: Sep 14, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Morning Crew,   WW wtg on the walleyes. Guess I am fully retarted, Didn't get a dang thing done, but watch TV all day. ::)  Didn't even go out and make sure I had plugged in the boat onboard chargers.  ::)

Coffee first, then I had better get something done.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9896 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Guess I have to post pics one at a time since I can't seem to figure out how to do multiples  :wacko: :%$#!:  Sorry  :(

Anyway, here's my biggest for this trip at 28"  :)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9897 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:48 AM »
MrWW had the overall winner at 30"  7lbs 11 oz.  :bow:  :flex:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9898 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Yesterday's catch we kept for my brother  ;D

The smallest one is 16"

Offline Old Goat