Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607857 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9360 on: Jul 14, 2017, 05:54 AM »
Morning all.  Today starts my weekend again, but I have a long-scheduled annual Drs. appt. at 12:30, so my day is kind of fragmented. Grrr.  >:(  And, like WW mentioned, it's still damp and muggy here.  The weekend is supposed to bring cooler/dryer air.  Yay.

I hope everyone has a good Friday.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9361 on: Jul 14, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Good Morning, any coffee left ?  WW, I believe a walleye that gets to that size would be a hen, not a walter, even in Lake Erie, or anywhere.  With this weather here in Colorado comes the threat of wild fires.  Believe all of our state parks have open fire bans in place.

Looks like a good start to your project Jeff, steady as it goes for you.

Well have to round something up for my lunch and get on with it.  No plans as yet for my two days off next week  :unsure:

A good weekend to you all.  Stay safe.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9362 on: Jul 14, 2017, 08:32 AM »
WW, thanks for sharing the picture of the walleye. Glad you were able to release it...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #9363 on: Jul 14, 2017, 01:46 PM »
wallyworld, congrats on the 30+ walleye!  :thumbsup:
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9364 on: Jul 14, 2017, 11:24 PM »
Good evening, Good morning, not sure anymore  :bow:
Wow what a ride this has been :cookoo: Today the girls both had off so we worked on our own mess. We chipped the rest of the brush from downed trees and then I dropped one more bigger tree that the wind sprung the roots on.

I cut everything into 16" lengths and then we split everything ending up with 2 full cords in the pile. My next door neighbor had about 6 trees that went down. He was out Thursday night until dark sawing and had a yard full of brush. We took the chipper and spent 3 hours chipping up his mess. Funny thing, I have never met the guy and he has lived there for 3 years. I was expecting he would stop over last night to say something but he never did ??? Sure hope I didn't upset him by cleaning up his yard lol.

I had 4 people stop in to see if I would help them out. I told each one that I would stop in today (Saturday) and see what they have and if I can do it. I am pretty limited not having any bigger equipment so hard to say what I will be able to do. I clonked out about 5pm and made zzz's till about an hour ago. I am heading to the garage to get all the saws back in shape. It is supposed to hit 90+ so the upcoming day will be nasty.

Good luck to anyone fishing! Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9365 on: Jul 15, 2017, 03:34 AM »
Good Morning everyone, coffee is on, diesel is running and the smell of trash. Looks like it's going to be a rainy Saturday. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9366 on: Jul 15, 2017, 03:58 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  61* as the cawfee brews, high of 76 expected today with just a slight chance of rain.
  I-45...have a safe day today Sir..stay dry!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...you have quite a team with the ladies helping out, impressive!! I'd imagine you were all tuckered out with the tree clean up's, heck of a workout yesterday on top of a work week, wow!! Darn nice thing you diid helping out the neighbor, hope at the very least a Thank You comes out of it. Good luck today with the estimates Sir!   :thumbsup:  :bow: :clap:
  Mr.Ninja...hope all went well with your Dr.'s appt. yesterday, and appreciate your daily replies on the Best Ice Deals thread, awesome!   :clap:
  Wally...pulled up the picture on my "not so smart " phone yesterday and showed a few guys at work...word of the day yesterday was " drooling " ... ;D
   Jeff...the shed is coming along nicely, thanks for sharing the picture!  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to seeing it go through the building process. How's Logan doing?
  Steve...hope all is well and things are falling into place for your move!   :thumbsup:

Catching up on the lawn mowing will have to wait...actually have standing water in some places now where I've never had it before and water is actually seeping out of the top of the well casing...2nd time I've seen that over the last 22 years here.
  Going to see if the fish are hungry for a few hours....will catch up to you all later on this morning...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9367 on: Jul 15, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Good Saturday morning all!  A much cooler, dryer morning here than the last several!  Very refreshing!  Good luck fishing Eddie!  I'll be headed out shortly myself.  I hope everyone has a great Saturday.  Let's see some more fish photos!

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9368 on: Jul 15, 2017, 05:37 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......lol  :roflmao:  good luck on the water this morning  ;)  have the same issues here with the standing water on the lawn  :wacko:  hard to keep up with the yard work this year  :-\

WS....sure hope your neighbor shows a little gratitude for all the work you did  @)  hope you can get a break from the hot humid weather soon  :pinch: makes a tough job even worse in those conditions  :%$#!: 

DN.....enjoy the break in the weather   :clap:  hope the doc was good to you yesterday  ;D

IF45....have a good day at work, stay dry  ;)

Glad it's a little less humid this morning as I have some baking to do today for a group of young ladies starting a week of "fire fighter camp" tomorrow. The local FD co-hosts the camp & has a cook out for the girls along with some team building games on Sunday & again on Thursday. I make cookies/brownies/cupcakes for their dessert.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9369 on: Jul 15, 2017, 07:25 AM »
It sure has been quiet around the lake for it being the middle of July. Having the 4th on Tuesday helped that out. Might even be better next year with it being on Wednesday. I have not made it fishing yet because of the heat. With the lake temp probably pushing 80* there is no relief from the heat like it is for WW on Erie.

I took the load of brush to the other place yesterday. it is gong to make for a big bonfire once we get some snow on the ground. I am now thinking of moving back over there. With the NW wind coming off of Lake Michigan it was a lot cooler than it is here in the middle of the state.

I was in the conveyance store where my niece works. You should have seen the look on a tourists face when I told the niece that I was over there on my usual drug run, when she asked what I was over there for. I also went to pick up some bread at my buddy's former bakery. The gal that bought him out is not going to make it if they do not change their attitude. One of my buddy's former employees quit and they were talking nasty about her. You do not do that in a small town as she had many friends that came in the bakery.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9370 on: Jul 15, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Good Morning ER's we still got about a day or 2 until the killer heat hits here. WS hang in there sounds like your load is very  heavy with the clean up. Awsome the girls helped pitch in. Hope the neighbor comes over now and introduces the family. WW good luck on your training day. My daughter and I did good on the GM run she picked up one North Face jacket not the parka we were after but still a heck of a deal on a fall coat. I grabbed 12 more Darters for about a buck each. I passed on a 13 rod with a broken tip at 8. There were more of those not damaged. Knocked out 3 stores still looking for the parka. May just buy it online for close to half off. IW the build looks like it's going well keep at it. Have a good day to all stay cool stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9371 on: Jul 15, 2017, 10:20 PM »
Good Evening, see another visitor to the seed plate, it made one two many trips.  ::) sure like my scoped pellet gun   ;) ;D 

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9372 on: Jul 16, 2017, 04:35 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 55* and clear out this morning on my hill. Yesterday turned out to be nice day after a few showers
               before 1pm.
                       Marv......It sure sounds like you had your hands full from that storm, kudos to you for helping out that
              neighbor, I can't believe he wasn't more appreciative to you. :cookoo: I hope everything has settled down by
              now!
                       Eddie.......It sure has been a real wet year, most people lawns are burned out by now, standing water
              in your yard isn't good!
                       Bud.......Good hunting, I thought it was illegal to bait game! LOL :roflmao:
                       Goat.......I hope the heat doesn't get to you!
                       Wally.......How did the baking go!
                       Tom.........Glad to hear that the lake has been quiet with no major incidents this year so far!
                       Yesterday after the showers I got some more work done on my shed. Here are some more pictures.

Today I will put some of the purlins on to get ready for the roofing!
                       I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out wetting a line or two!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9373 on: Jul 16, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Nice looking shed IW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you are going to love it when the snow piles up no doubt.

I haven't had time to do much reading so sorry if I missed some board news. Yesterday was another ugly one with temps reaching 93 and air you could shovel. I was able to get one job done but picked up 5 more. I am going to start a big one today and see if I can work on it after work during the week. 2 of the jobs are pressing then the rest can be worked on at a slower pace.

This coming week is going to be packed at work so I will check in when I can.

Best of luck to those fishing. Stay safe :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9374 on: Jul 16, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 64* with a nice breeze this am, high of 80 expected here in the Hilltowns today.
    Jeff...the shed is really taking shape now, looking great! Was wondering if you were going to use shingles or metal roofing. Nice weather again today, good luck with todays build!   :thumbsup:
    Bud...nice shooting again!  :clap: :thumbsup: 
    OG...way to take advantage of the sales, hope you can find that parka for your daughter. What were the 13 Fishing rods going for?
    Tom...glad to hear things are quiet on the lake now. Did you ever help your friend stake out that property?
    Wally...hope the baking went well, I'm sure those treats will be enjoyed! Any fishing plans coming up soon for you and Mr.WW?
    Mr.Ninja...hope the fishing went well for you yesterday!
    Marv...was guessing you landed a few side jobs...hope things are going well and you can enjoy some of the day before going back to work tomorrow Sir! Hope you get some relief from that weather soon.  :thumbsup:

Had some fun playing around with the Bass yesterday....black rubber worms seemed to be working the best. No monsters, the biggest being 15". My lawn looks like it grew another inch over night....almost time to start the tractor and get it under control...cawfee's on!
   Have a great Sunday everyone, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9375 on: Jul 16, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  IW shed looks like it's coming along nicely. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. Will be able to catch up on yard work today. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9376 on: Jul 16, 2017, 07:42 AM »
We had an invitation to go to a family reunion of my sister in laws family. After all the traveling we did this week we decided to just sit home. A couple of my brothers kids are here from VA and W. VA that I would have liked to have seen. But I am seldom told when they are in the area.

I screwed up and did not watch check the temps for today as it is going to be cooler out. I missed a chance to go fishing. I really need to check a couple of things on the van any way. maybe this after noon after we have the steak that is waiting to be grilled.

Jeff
You are like me building things all by your self. It is surprising how you can find that second hand when you need to. I finally noticed the supports you put in the middle of your walk planks. I was thinking you had a lot of trust that the planks would hold with that span. I was building an office addition one time for a building company I was working for where I actually had a helper. The boss told me I was going to put the rafters up with out a ridge board, just tack the rafters together in mid air. The rafters were 20 foot 2x12s. He sent a couple of extra rafters so you know where one of them went. This was one of many screw ups he made on that job and a lot of other jobs. That company went bankrupt eventually, after I had enough and quit.

Eddie 
I never have been able to find the survey stakes on that property but he could still block her from pushing her toon across his property with out knowing the exact lines. I think that he is afraid of her so is reluctant to do it. I have all of the land scape timbers he needs piled on my saw horses. I got them from a lady that is redoing the land scaping at the house she bought down the road. The bad ones got hauled with my brush to the other property this week.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9377 on: Jul 16, 2017, 08:48 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sure sounds like you aren't going to be catching any down time for relaxing any time soon  :(  don't forget, all work & no play isn't good for the soul  :nono:   ;D
IW.....shed looks good  :thumbsup:  better you than me standing up top of that board, my knees are knocking just looking at it  :blink: :pinch:
Eddie....glad you were able to catch a few yesterday  :thumbsup: hope the mowing goes well, still lots of standing water here, need pontoons on the mower  :woot:
IF45.....hope you get the yard caught up as well, tough to keep up with it this year  :-\
TT.....that steak sounds good  :thumbsup:  sorry you missed seeing family  :(  sometimes just being at home is priceless tho  @)
DN.....any luck on the water yesterday  ???
IFF....  :thumbsup: on the rodent kill  :flex:  going to hit my GM today just to see what's left, can't imagine there's too much now

Baking went well yesterday....temps were a little cooler so it wasn't unbearable to have the oven on  :)  made 20 dozen cookies, 2 pans of brownies & a cake. There are 24 girls between the ages of 13 - 19 years old in the camp this year, along with the career women firefighters that teach the classes, most from NYC FD. (It's called Phoenix Fire Camp for anyone interested in looking it up online.)

Have a good day at work or play. Hope everyone (WS   :whistle:)  gets a chance for some r&r before the day ends  @)  Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9378 on: Jul 16, 2017, 09:09 AM »
Good Morning, WW, now my cookie tooth is screaming....Me....Me. ...Me.  Nice looking bakes.

Must have a pack rat as well, one mouse trap is missing  ???

Nice cool down this morning, think it was 58*  upper 80's today, then 3 days of into 90's hope any storms that might come with are not like the WS kind  ::)

Jeff looks right at home working on the rafters  ;D   :thumbsup: :bow:

picked some snow peas from the garden, and the first tomato,  won't be long for some sweet corn.

Great day to all, tight lines if you get a chance.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9379 on: Jul 16, 2017, 11:17 AM »
Good Morning ER's looks like everyone is doing well. Eddie the widowmakers are going for 28 right now 26 inch. I believe they were light or med. light possibly med. not sure if that model comes in med. though. 4 left as of now

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9380 on: Jul 16, 2017, 12:56 PM »
I noticed a bird caught in the netting over my blue berries this morning. When I was cutting it out of the netting I realized I needed to pick the berries. I managed to get the juvenile robin out of the netting with out getting beaked though it tried. When I put it down it headed back toward the netting so I caught it and took it to the other side of the yard and put it down. When I went to pic the berries it was gone so I hope  guess it is alright.

There were not enough blue berries to make a pie so the wife is making some blue berry bars right now. That sounds like a good desert to go with the steak. I am not one to buy the high priced steak. All I ever buy is chuck steak as I feel, with my taste buds, that it tastes as good or better than the expensive cuts. I just put a little Adolph's Unseasoned Tenderizer on both sides and let it set for 10 minutes before the Worchester and garlic powder go on. Medium rare is the only way to eat beef.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9381 on: Jul 16, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

It's been a long day. I almost wrapped up one of my bigger jobs, but decided I best rest up some for tomorrow. They are calling for the heat and humidity to return again tomorrow.

I was out in my shed when I heard a voice and looked up to see my neighbor that I had chipped the brush for. He said he couldn't believe I just went over there and cleaned up his whole yard especially being we had never met. He is a construction supervisor and said if I ever need anything done just let him know. He said he has contacts in all fields and he owes me big time. Nice to know it was appreciated. I told him where I come from that's what you do for neighbors. He said where he came from nobody helped anyone. He said this was pretty nice.

Time for some grilled chicken. I was going to have grilled cheese sandwiches but the wife went to town and bought a wheelbarrow full of drumsticks. Wish I had some of WW sweets for a topper :thumbsup:

Hope you all had a fantastic Sunday

WS

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9382 on: Jul 16, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Wow! Busy weekend for most with great looking cookies, tree cleanup and a new shed under construction and more!  A lot going on with the 9:45ers!  I fished a little both yesterday and today with only some toss-back perch and crappies to show for my efforts. :P  This is not unexpected.  Our lake is really shallow (<25 ft.) and the fish really go into a funk when the water temps approach 80.  Looks like by mid-week we're really going to be warming up.  Not my kind of weather.  I will be hibernating in the house when the daily highs are in the mid-eighties or higher.  Late winter and mid-summer are my least favorite times of the year weather wise, but I guess we have to go through them to get to spring and fall. :-\

Hope everyone has a nice, relaxing Sunday evening. :)

DN

Ps: masoneddie, check your mail and the Best Deals thread.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9383 on: Jul 16, 2017, 09:46 PM »
Evening All, Came home to a nice supper, watched a little of a baseball game, now its about time to go on Rat watch  ::)  Will have a chance to run a couple errands in the morning, not due into work till 1:00 PM. 

Marv, Nice the neighbor showed he appreciated the helping hand.  Don't know about you but I think I should be skipping some cookies.....well at least half of them anyway. ::)

Nearly have all of what the trucks delivered, priced and out on the floor.  Expecting one more truck with large items ? No Idea what was meant by that  :unsure:

Still have people asking where items that have sold out are,  ::)

Stay cool all.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9384 on: Jul 17, 2017, 05:10 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 57* and looks somewhat clear out, but we had a drizzle a little while ago. It's suppose to be nice till
                 later a thunderstorm could pop up!
                          Marv......That was nice of your neighbor, I think everyone here was wondering why he hadn't come over
                 sooner to show appreciation. He probably will be more friendly from now on! :thumbsup:
                          Wally.......Those baked goods look great, good job. :flex:
                          Deal.......Good to hear you got out and got some fish!
                          Eddie.......I'm planning on a metal roof, I think I'm going to a red one and when I have to put a new roof on
                my house I will match it! I want the snow to slide off!
                          Bud........it's good that your work schedule gives you time to run errands before going to work!
                          Tom.......Working alone makes you constantly think how to get the next step done. Just look what Drifter has
                done by on his own, in the cabin build 2017!
                          I hope everyone has a great day either at work or out playing!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9385 on: Jul 17, 2017, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad to hear your neighbor finally showed up with a thank you  :clap:  hope things start to settle down weather wise soon, that heat & humidity will take a toll on you quickly   :( 
IW.....looking forward to more pics of the build in progress   :flex:
IFF....my local GM is pretty much down to clothing now at 60% off, some ice fishing stuff left at 70% off,  sign on the door says July 29 is the closing date. can't say I'm sorry to see it go  :-\   how did the rat patrol go  ???  skunks are the pest of choice here lately, had one running around the yard mid day yesterday  :o  hope he finds the trap soon  ::)
Eddie....gremlins again this morning  ???

Have a good day at work or play. Don't forget to hydrate  ;)   Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9386 on: Jul 17, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a hot one today. Hope everyone has a great day and stay hydrated today. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9387 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:01 AM »
good morning er's WS I here ya got a new neighbor. IW looking forward to your build. IFF the rat hasn't a chance. Heat coming on strong starting Tues. Have a good day today.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9388 on: Jul 17, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Good Morning, No rats sighted, last night or this morning.  Still no mention of closing date here, but wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be last Saturday in August.  To me I think  we have more boat seats, dock bumpers than there are boats in the state.  Oh and still have over 400 each of Plfuger and Lews combo rods blocking one isle in the receiving area, with no room to display them.  Forgot about those.  All the rods/reels are still at only 25% off. 

Good Day all off to run errands.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9389 on: Jul 17, 2017, 02:03 PM »
We finally wet some lines this morning. Not biting that great but that is to expected as the water temp must be around 80. Brought a few perch and gills to put in the freezer for a future meal. I need to break down and mix up a fresh 5 gallon of fuel as this is old fuel that is probably heavy on oil to evaporation of the gas.

I told my bait guy I only wanted a couple dozen minnows. He through a scoop in my bucket and said that should be a good couple dozen. After fishing all morning I still have a couple dozen in the bucket.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.