Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607622 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9180 on: Jun 26, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning. 48 here this morning.
IW, glad the re-hab for your brother is going well.
My wife is doing well. Her Dr is on vacation this week but is coming in today to do the scope and wash of the lung. Once they take a look at it she will be able to come home. Phone in the wife's room hasn't worked all weekend so it has been e-mails all the time. Phones were out most of yesterday here at home. Maybe I should go back to work...lol
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9181 on: Jun 26, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Good Morning ER's Nice to get a good side job WS you know the girls need a new lure or 10. Mr. Clean good luck in the condo. Eddie sounds like the pooch party was fun. IW glad your brother is making progress in his recovery. Tom hope the Newlyweds have a great marriage and ride through life. H2L hope everything goes well for the both of you. The phone thing is tough to deal with I'm sure.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9182 on: Jun 26, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Good evening everyone. To answer some questions the house I currently live in was owned by my parents co-own it with my sister part of our inheritance  . In 1993 I believe we moved my paternal grandmother from NYC borough of Queens to condo in New Windsor . After grandmother's death condo was a rental property. I really would like to stay in the house but between taxes and maintenance will be better off at the condo. I have to talk with one friend who said I could store my flip over shanty in barn on his property . Some of the ice fishing gear will get donated to Boy Scouts or other group. Eddie,Ice Wanderer if either of you need some gear for your grand children send me a message.
IFF never tried a bamboo pole was joking about the kiddie combos. Hope your store sells most of the kid's combos you have in stock.
Mr.Turkey may the rising waters not cause major damage in your town.
Whopper Stopper congratulations on obtaining the one side job from your description sounds like the job you passed on might best be preformed by a crew.
Eddie how was your day laying marble . Just for your knowledge there is a brand of ice cream called  Frosty Paws made for your canine buddies.
Ice Wanderer glad there were no problems with the stair climbing with time it will get easier for him.
Hunts2long  your post has me curious wondering how they wash a lung. Sorry your having to communicate with wife by Email.
Have a safe evening .
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9183 on: Jun 27, 2017, 03:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I was going to ask you about the beagle Eddie. Dang I get a kick out of them when they cross a track and open up. mr.clean mentioned Frosty Paws, the ice cream treat for dogs. When we had our last Lab we bought a box of those. The idea was for them to lick it like an ice cream cone! Our hound inhaled it by the count of 1001. Crazy dog always sat down as soon as he finished, I guess he thought he may get a second one if he looked obedient enough :cookoo:

The job I passed on would definitely have been one  for a crew to do. I am guessing if our crew did it we would have about 6 hours into it using all the equipment. I told him I could give him quote through work but he would do better getting some locals to do it.

Time to get going, yesterday was a 12 hour pounder and I feel it today. Not sure what we have going for the days project, time will tell I guess.

Good luck to all fishing! Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9184 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning ER's or is it just Marv ?  Found a note on the counter...."Your mouse trap got tripped"   The War continues.  I had set it right in the entry/exit hole I figured would get tripped by anything that disturbed it.  and from the distance away, figured it had to be something other than a mouse.  I turned on my big spot, and when the beam hit the hanging feeder, sure enough an eyeball was peaking out of the 1.5" hole in the end of it.  It froze, in the beam of light, long enough for me to get the pellet gun pumped up,  "POP" scratch Mrs Rat.  From the looks of it, it was about to increase the population.  :nono:

Steve, my lunch counter, was a banana split, three flavors of course, and all the toppings they would stack on,  had to save up $.40  So it wasn't a weekly thing.  I was divestated when the price rose to fifty cents.

Going to be a hot one today, back into the 90's

Good call on passing on that much of a job Marv, 12 hr days gets real old, real fast.  The money was great, when we hit 12 on and 12 off, at the GM plant, right after change overs.

Great to hear the rehab is going well Jeff.  Hope everything else keeps falling in place.

back to my pillow, alarm is set to go off in 4 hrs so to roust out Mrs for her 9:45 appointment.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9185 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....another early start today  ???  doggie birthday parties   :clap: :thumbsup: sounds like a perfect Sunday   @)
WS....hope today will be a shorter/easier one in the jungle   :flex:  congrats on the side job  :thumbsup: hope the girls made it thru the first day back after vaca ok  ;)  yep did get the mowing in, could have used pontoons on the Ferris in a couple areas  :o :wacko:
IFF....nice shooting  :flex:  :bow: and good catch on esox  :woot:
H2L....hope your wife's "cleaning" went well & she's set to come home  :)
MrC....best wishes on the move  :thumbsup: I also had a Woolworth's 5 & 10 store with the lunch counter near me as a kid, always a treat to get a soda or ice cream when shopping with "Grandma"  ;D  The grandkids will be coming out the beginning of August for a week, need to start resting up for that now  :roflmao:
IW....when are you and your brother heading for Florida  ??? bet that shower was "the best"  :thumbsup:

Hit a small local lake yesterday (Delta), did a lot of traveling, boated 1 15" eye, 1 perch & 1 pickerel  :-\  got chased off around 1:00 by an approaching  t-storm  >:(  today is supposed to be another rainy one, might try Oneida tomorrow  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9186 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:15 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 60* and clear skies out here in Chicago land, maybe up in the high 70's today. :)
                              Marv........Good on passing on that job, sounds it was too much for one guy to do! 12 hours for
                     what you guys do is a tough day, I hope today goes better for you! ;)2
                              Steve.......I guess it's a good choice to move to the condo, for me I like the solitude of a single family
                     house and I've lived in the sticks for so long it be hard for me to be that close to neighbors. Here where my
                     brother lives it's not even 10' between houses! :cookoo:
                              Bud.......I think I've said this before but "For every Rat you see there are 7 in the hole" I hope you got
                     the 7 before they were born! :flex:
                              I guess Eddie was running late or he had computer issues, see you later!
                              Wally......Were able to get some fishing in yesterday?
                              Yesterday my brother walked 40' without a walker or cane, he did have a PT tech hold on to his torso
                    belt. They are really pushing him to be on his own. Speaking of which, we are flying to Florida on Friday  and
                    he made a plane reservation for me to fly home on Monday. He said he has to start being as independent sooner
                    or later. He still can't drive so he will have to get friends to get him to PT down there or take a taxi!
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water!
                              I see WW chimed in while I was typing, Good morning Wally!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9187 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Good Morning everyone. Phone issue has been repaired so I can talk to wife now. She is doing well.
Not as cool this morning...52
Lung washing is done when they do the fiber-optic bronchoscope into the lung to check everything out. While they are in there they take a biopsy and also spray saline into the lung. They then suction it out, test it to see if anything is going on in the lung. They do it every 3 months during the 1st year or if something comes up. One thing I learned, that most don't think about is, the lung is the only organ that is transplanted that is not enclosed within the body. The lung has direct contact to the outside world. Therefore it can pick up anything in the air we breath. That is why there is such a big change in the persons life style. Hope I am not boring you and there will not be a test.
Hope all have a good and someone catch some fish....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9188 on: Jun 27, 2017, 07:57 AM »
IW...that is great news on your brother's progress  :clap: :thumbsup: he sure is a strong one  :flex: :bow: I agree with you about living in the sticks, although I can also understand the appeal of condo/apartment living, pay your rent and you're good to go, no unexpected repair bills  :o  no shoveling or mowing  :%$#!:  more time and money for the "fun things" in life  :woot: :whistle:

H2L.....not boring at all  ;)  think we all gain some insight on a variety of topics thru this thread and the varying life experiences each of us brings  :thumbsup:  that said, I am kind of glad there aren't any tests at the end of the day  :pinch: :wacko: :roflmao:  glad you have phone service again  :clap:

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9189 on: Jun 27, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Hi all. Not much to report around here. Work is what it is. So have begun tearing out my bathroom. Had to replace a window that rotted out in the tub area. Now gutting walls and floor. Have to do some running around today to get materials. Garden is doing great. Ava the spoiled rotten Rottweiler is a joy. Have a combined birthday party to go to on Saturday. 3 and 4 year old. So new Ugly stick light fishing poles with Abu cardinal reels are their gifts. As they both have been out with their folks catching pan fish. Love my CUBS. But have not gone to a game in years. Tickets are crazy pricey. I have stubs from years ago bleacher seats $9.00. Box seats $20.00 right behind third base. Last time i looked into taking the family would have been over $300 and cheap way way back in the stands seats. I used to have a friend that was a ticket broker. We would go down there to get rid of unsold tickets for face value and then go into the park. I miss those days. Well time to get going. Have fun with what ever it is that you are all doing today. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9190 on: Jun 28, 2017, 01:55 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  Happy humpday. A little chilly this morning 48°. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9191 on: Jun 28, 2017, 03:17 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!! 
  Another cool morning on the Hill as well, 51* and a light breeze, high of 72 expected today.
 Lost another post yesterday morning, wonder where the heck they eventually end up? Might be some North Korean saying " who the fog this MasonEddie?!?!".     :woot:
   I-45...have a safe day in the field Sir!    :thumbsup:
  UFC...good luck with the bathroom renovation, great job on the birthday gifts!! Know what you mean about ball game prices. Several years back I estimated the cost of taking my 5 children and wife to a Yankee game...would have been close to a grand depending on transportation, crazy expensive!
  H2...great news on your wife, thank you for sharing the information on the lung procedure, that's fascinating!  :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Jeff...congrats to your brother on his progress, continued success to him! Will say it again, you're a stand up guy being there for your brother, well done!!    :bow:
  Marv...hope your day went well yesterday, and you fell short of a 12 hour pounder! Have a safe day in the jungle today Sir! 
  Wally...good luck with the fishing today if you're heading out...X2 on the varying lifestyles and experiences shared here, good stuff!!    :thumbsup:
  Steve...best wishes on your move, and Thank You very much for the generous offer on the ice gear. I believe my grandson is taken care of on that end, the Boy Scouts are great organization and great choice... :thumbsup:
  Bud...good shooting!!  :clap: :thumbsup:

We had another good day yesterday on the marble right up until some passing thunder storms came in around 1pm. Had some intense rain for about 15 minutes and then the sun came back out....fell 10 stones short of finishing up the area we've been working on, will wrap it up this morning.
  Time to get ready for 8 more, cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9192 on: Jun 28, 2017, 03:44 AM »
Good Morning 45, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Looks like a blast of rain and down pours are going to be entering the area in about a half hour. Not sure if it will screw up the day or not, as we have a couple of crane jobs scheduled. Last I heard they thought the rain would only last for 2-3 hours but that might be enough to hex the days main attraction.

IW, glad to hear of your brothers progress, I am sure much of it is do to you Sir!  :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a great day, best of luck to anyone hitting the lake. Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9193 on: Jun 28, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Good Morning ER's, and Coffee Joe  ;D Marv you all caught up on the storm damaged trees ?  Looks like another hot one here.  Oh forgot to mention on yesterdays local news they were showing a high lake that still had ice on it that someone hiked into.

Hope Mrs, get her denture back sometime this morning.  If not the rest of the day will not go well if you know what I mean.

might need to buzz the lawn with the mower .  No rat sightings the last day, they must have a keen sense of smell to find the grains hanging in a tree, and figure how to get to it as well. ::)  put out more pellets where they seem to be the only ones that can get into it.

Another good day to all.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9194 on: Jun 28, 2017, 06:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It is 62* and partly partly here but things around here change quickly!
                             Eddie.....Don't you just hate those quick showers, the really screw up progress. Good to hear that
                     you are almost done with that section of marble, how many more sections are left? I've lost some posting
                     as well and I've always wondered where cyber space is and what does it look like! :roflmao:
                             Marv......I hope the rain holds off for you guys or maybe you only want to do one crane job a day! ???
                             h2l.........I've never heard of a lung wash but then there is so much in the medical field that they do,
                     it's amazing. Good news that your wife is doing better! :flex:
                             UFC........Good luck with the bathroom I hope you have another to use in the mean time!
                             I-45.........Have a good day hauling roll offs sir!
                             I want to thank everyone for the comments on my brothers progress, I hope I have something to do with it.
                     One thing, I don't coddle him I tend to be a little harsh, if he ask me to get something for him and I know he can
                     get it, I tell him to get it, he'll laugh at me and say you're right. Yesterday his son came here, he is moving from
                     Los Angeles  to Boston and stopped here on the way. He is picking some things up here to take with him so it is less
                     things my brother will have to get rid of when the house sells! Also yesterday my brother made the climb up stairs
                     to go through his clothes that he wants and also he donated clothes to the Salvation Army, I got what he wants to
                     go to Florida packed in a box ready to ship!, There is a lot to do in the next 2 days!
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day, either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9195 on: Jun 28, 2017, 09:05 AM »
Jeff, this is a younger brother ?  When you off to Florida ?  I see there are 3 Gander Mountain stores in the Chicago area, just wondering how their liquidation sales are going  ::)

Well off to pickup the denture, then think its a trip to Home Depot and get some Roundup.  Weed-be-gone seems to not be doing the trick where needed.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9196 on: Jun 28, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. Sunny with temperatures in the seventies today.
Ice Wanderer may all go well on the trip to Florida. Once your brother is back in his home he should look into a home health aide insurance may cover the cost of aid. The aid will help with PT exercises ,cooking, light house keeping ,etc .
IFF may the wife's dentures be ready for pick up so you have a good day. :whistle: I hope you have put a reduction in local rat population good job taking out the pregnant female.
Whopper Stopper may you get the days work completed before rains get to heavy.
Eddie the last two major league baseballgames I attended was as part of a group and we sat in the bleachers. Last trip was my mom's first "big league" game she was amazed at prices of food and other items asking why everything cost so much told her see the player at first base he makes x million a year, pitcher earns y million, add in vendor salaries , building maintenance and you end up paying high prices and a trip to ball park becomes a special event. may you finish yesterday's marble and today's scheduled work.
Wallyworld I'm moving to an older condo complex where I own the appliances and pay for electrical/plumbing work in my unit. The monthly maintenance fee is lower because of this still have to pay for my water usage and unit is taxed like a single family home for school and town/county taxes.  If you would like any of my surplus ice fishing gear for your grandchildren contact me.
UFCreel all the best with bathroom remodel. I like Eddie hope you have a second bathroom to use until job is completed.
Hunts2long thank you for the explanation on lung washing. I never gave much thought to what you posted about lungs being directly exposed to outside air. In my opinion that makes the fact transplant surgery is done on them even more amazing.
Have a safe and pleasant evening folks.
Steve

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9197 on: Jun 28, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Nope small house only one bath. Well house was built in 1957. Who ever redid the bathroom before i bought it should take a long walk off a short pier! If they have not all ready done so. Framing is cut scrap lumber in walls. Scrape used for hanging drywall. I have been a painter for over 30 years used to do demolition in the slow times. I have never seen anything like it. found a dead squirrel above the tub ceiling. Mummified. Found rotted floor under vanity. which of course runs under the tub. So got to cut out and check structure under there.. Then found the mother load of old rusty razor blades after cutting my finger on one! Good thing i had a tetanus shot a year ago. Figured i would just gut it out and re drywall, Durock the shower tub area, tape and paint, slap a nice tub surround up. Put some new tile on floor and call it done. That is what i get for figuring. Old house old problems. The joy of DIY!  ::)
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9198 on: Jun 28, 2017, 03:44 PM »
UF

There used to be a slot in the back of a lot of medicine cabinets to drop razor blades into the wall. I have ran into a few piles of razor blades when doing remodels.

Rain is moving in again. I almost have the toon ready to go in the lake. I was just about to put the muffs on the motor and start it when the rain started. Starter would not engage until I gave the gear a little shot of lube.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9199 on: Jun 29, 2017, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  63* and just a slight breeze breeze this am, high of 80 expected today.
  Tom...hope the weather cooperates today for you and happy sailing!   :thumbsup:  Never knew about the razor blade slot in medicine cabinets, always learning something new here!
  UFC...one thing seems to lead to another when renovating...it will be worth it when it's finished...good luck! 
  Steve..anything new developing in that case?
  Jeff...hope you can accomplish the tasks needed to be done before the move...best wishes Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...working today or fishing?

We completed the area we were working on yesterday just in time for the vendors who were getting ready to set up for a concert last evening. Not sure who the group was, some type of reggae band performing.
  Speaking of bands, will be attending a free concert put on by the City Of Albany tonight known as Alive At Five...The Outlaws will be belting out all of their good old southern rock tunes, looking forward to that! 
  Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9200 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:00 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Enjoy the concert Eddie  :thumbsup: I am just working around home today Eddie. I have a lawn that either I have to mow or call rent a goat for ;D

Bud, we are about caught up on storm work. We still have about 5 trees that we need to remove but we have to get line drops before we can do them. The power company gets hard to work with after coming off all the outages, my guess, within 2 weeks we be done with storm work.

Yesterday was nasty. We had a 2 hour delay and the rain never stopped. The home owner said either we did the job or he was cancelling. so we worked right through it as the home owner sat in his garage watching ??? Luckily no lightening or the crane operator would have left. As it was, all went well other than than everything getting badly shriveled :woot: The good thing is everything looks normal again this morning, so I guess I will live  :flex:

Good luck to anyone hitting the lake :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9201 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:16 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          My nephew just left, he is heading to Canandaigua Lake today then off to Boston. It looks
                   cloudy out, rain showers expected today.
                          I see that Marv is in the hall way, he will probably post before I get done typing, Good morning Marv! ;D
                          Eddie......That is cutting it close, laying marble in the morning a concert at night  ::) The concert sounds
                   like a good one that you're headed to, have an enjoyable evening! :flex:
                          Tom........Since the stopped pushing double edge razors is when they stopped putting slots in the Medicine
                   cabinets, also when they start making cabinets out of wood also contributed to the halt of the slots! ???
                          Marv.......How did the crane jobs go yesterday?
                          Bud.........My brother is 2 years older than I am and we're off to Florida tomorrow morning. How is the
                   AC working?
                          Today is his last PT here but has an appointment on Monday to see the therapy PT's in Florida, I think
                   he will be in PT for quite a while! Everything is all set here, the realtor will start showing the house next week,
                   if it sells fast we will probably be back to clear the furniture out!
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9202 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Working good Jeff, 69.6* in this room as I start typing.  Now on to the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say.  New to me pickup, drivers seat kind of like sitting in a bowl  ??? ::), looked under neath and see the wires that are spring loaded at the back were all disconnected/broke off, which held the cushion material from falling out the bottom,   So out it comes.  Only have some bailing wire, on hand and a bit soft, so used some nylon cord to restring and tighten it back up.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9203 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....safe travels to Florida tomorrow sir  :)  may your brother's place sell quickly  ;)
WS...sounds like a miserable day yesterday  >:(  glad to hear there are no lasting ill effects from the soaking  :roflmao:
Eddie....enjoy the concert tonite  @) love that southern rock
MrC.....thanks for the generous offer, but the grandkids don't ice fish  :-\  my son & d-i-l aren't real keen on people walking on hard water  :nono: :cookoo:

Hit Oneida yesterday, landed 15 walters, 5 legal & 10 shorts, along with a bunch of perch  :flex: some really healthy fish out there this year  :thumbsup: :clap: today is household chores, tomorrow heading to MA for the weekend.

Morning IFF......good news on the ac  :clap: :clap:
Have a good day whatever you have going. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9204 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:44 AM »
Morning WW, and all ER's see you posted while I was typing, See Meal Worm out in the hall, and Dom earlier but guess he didn't stop in.  Now where'd my coffee cup go ?

Good job on the walters WW.  ;D
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9205 on: Jun 29, 2017, 06:44 AM »
Good Morning everyone. Overcast and 60.
Eddie have fun at Alive at Five.
WW, glad you got into some fish. I went out yesterday but didn't do very well. Two walleyes. Very windy most of the day. Wanted to get in 1 day before the lake turns into a ZOO.
As of last night they were 99% sure wife can come home today. I hope so, the traffic will be real bad this weekend.
The hospital has a huge sign on the building that says "amazing things are happening here". Very true. It is also the hospital of the New York Yankees.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9206 on: Jun 29, 2017, 07:45 AM »
WS I noticed on radar that you got hit with some heavy rain for a while out there.

Short inch of rain here. The big lake calms down most of the storms coming out of Wisconsin.

It might get the toon in today. I still need to waterproof the bimini top  and get it installed. I had to hang it from the bottom cords of the trusses to get it dry after washing it yesterday. Next year it will need to be replaced as it is pretty dirty. And see if the motor will start. Knocking on wood the motor has started right up ever since I bought the boat.

H2l Hope your wife is able to come home today.

WW It is nice to see how the two of you are enjoying your retirement.

Speaking of the rest of the story. Some one posted a recording from 50 years ago by Paul Harvey about the devil on another site. What he said has come so true on how the world has gone down hill since then. I used to listen to him while eating lunch every day. Two days in a row he mentioned the murder of my cousin and her husband by his son, all because his dad grounded him.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9207 on: Jun 29, 2017, 06:35 PM »
TT....it took a couple years to get used to being retired, but we are certainly living the dream now  :clap:  life's too short to not enjoy yourself while you're here  ;)2  sorry for the loss of your cousin & her husband, that must have been a difficult time  :'(
H2L....hope your wife was released from the hospital today and you had safe travels  :)  it was pretty windy on the lake here yesterday too, glad you made it out despite the wind  :thumbsup:
IFF....hope you found that cup of coffee you lost earlier  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9208 on: Jun 29, 2017, 09:04 PM »
No torture this evening, like it has been for the last 8 games the Rockies have lost.  Sure a good way to lose the division lead.  :wacko:  :nono: 

WW, yes did find where my coffee cup walked off too  ::)

Dom's green house all done for the season ?  He must be spending more time in the Kitchen cooking. 

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9209 on: Jun 30, 2017, 03:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 67* on the Hill this am, high of 81 expected today with some rain coming in around noon.
  Bud...better luck with the Rockies next games, maybe they can get back on a roll and regain that #1 spot...still about half a season left right?  Glad the AC is working properly again!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...did you get the toon launched yesterday?
  H2...hope your wife was released yesterday as well Sir! I can't imagine how many miles you've driven to and from the hospital in NYC...sure would be nice if you could at least write the mileage off on your taxes to get some type of compensation.
  Wally...congrats on the catching!!  :clap  :bow:   Have a safe trip today to Mass and hope you have an excellent visit with the grandchildren!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you and your brother have a safe flight today to Florida Sir, hope the AC is working, imagine the temps down there will be in the 90's.  Best wishes to him on a quick sale of the house and continued success with his PT.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sounds like you and the crew had a rough go with the last job, yikes! Glad all the shriveled spots returned to normal... ;D.   Did you rent a goat or " Git er done " with the lawn? 

Took my oldest daughter with me last evening to the concert, had a great time!! Sent her a text on my coffee break and asked her if she'd like to go on a date with her old man and hear a good old fashioned legendary band.
What a great show, the band played flawlessly and were well received by the crowd...my ears are still ringing a bit!   ;D
  Not certain what we'll be allowed to do today at the job with all the preparation going on for the 4th of July event, but crossing fingers we'll get the day in somehow.
  Well, it's that time again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.