Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1624411 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8880 on: May 29, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Sorry for your loss Eddie, very sad. Prayers sent your way Sir!

IW, not sure what I will do when the girls are gone lol. Actually they want me to bring the old boat up on Thursday and go out on one of the areas bigger musky lakes. I may take them up on it.

I read about the bounty on pike. I was wondering if Bud was going to get in on that.

WW, enjoy the day :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a good Memorial Day. There is a fairly large cemetery here that has many soldiers buried in it, we plan on going out there around noon and watching a parade honoring the fallen.

Take care whether on the road or lakes. Stay safe no matter what's on your agenda.

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8881 on: May 29, 2017, 06:58 AM »
Morning all!! Happy memorial day!! Light rain falling now supposed to rain pretty hard in a bit.we just got a call we r on notice that the parade may be cancelled. Looks like the heavy rain will arrive around 10 this am parade is at 11. Was hoping the rain would hold off till after the parade but it is what it is. Hope everyone has a good day and stays dry. Here's to all the soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice for our safety and freedom

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8882 on: May 29, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Memorial Day !!! It's raining the proverbial cays & dogs here  >:(  can't seem to get more than 1 or 2 days of nice weather before it rains for a week straight  :-\

Deal Ninja....hope the rains have let up down your way & the damage is minimal
TT....congrats to the grandkids, you must be one proud grandpa  ;D  you could be right about the ladies only club, never see any toms/jakes around  :woot:
Eddie...sorry for the loss of your friend  :'( way too young
WS....sounds like you have the girls all set up for their vacation :thumbsup:  we put in 20 face cord every year, usually burn about 16 - 18 face cord a season
MrC...glad you have the day off  :clap: enjoy the games
IW....yep turkeys are always wandering around the yard/woods  :)  usually a few deer here & there too

Hope everyone enjoys the day & gets their parades in between the rain!! Stay safe & remember the heros  :angel

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8883 on: May 29, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Good morning ER's. Lost my post somehow so will try again! I hope all of those of you getting all the rain come through OK. We had a good old fashioned t-storm roll through here on it's way east last night! As you enjoy your Memorial Day, pause for a moment to thank those that paid the ultimate price so that we can enjoy it!! Have a good day everyone!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8884 on: May 29, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Happy Memorial Day to all....55 and light rain. Looks like the rain is sending the campers home early. Lots of trailers going South this morning. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day. Don't usually go on the lake on weekends or holidays but was on the water before 6:30. Boat traffic wasn't bad until about noon. Wait at the launch to take out was about half an hour. The smaller boat sure makes it easier for me to take out. I caught 4 legal walleyes. Two were over 18. I put them all back. The ones I caught were right tight to bottom. They didn't even show up on FF. Didn't mark many fish at all but it is getting better. Resting up for the trip to NYC in the morning....You workers, enjoy your day off and those that have to work, you will see a little something extra in your check next week....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8885 on: May 29, 2017, 07:17 AM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: on the eyes H2L, way to go  ;)   safe travels tomorrow sir

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8886 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12 AM »
Good Morning All, I slept in for a change.  Got my flag out, will buzz the lawn with the riding mower, and a little water on the garden, before heading to work for the closing shift.

H2L  :thumbsup: WTG, What did your eyes take ??  My go to is a blade bait.

Remembering the fallen, the family of Buddies, and relatives, still brings tears to the old yes.

now off to get on with my day, hope yours all go well.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8887 on: May 30, 2017, 02:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Breezy and 52* this am, high of 61 expected here today. Starting at 5am again this am, concrete coming at 6...rain expected to roll back in later this afternoon...looks like another wet week coming!
  Bud...hope your shift went well last evening. Have they started to increase the % off yet?
  H2...congrats on your catch! Safe travels today to NYC, best wishes for your wife on her examination today! :thumbsup:
  Wally...good luck if you're fishing this am!
  MW...was wondering if you got the parade in yesterday as I was getting pelted by the rain..lol. Hope this weather clears out soon so you can get some games in!
  Marv..have a safe day in the jungle today Sir! How was the parade yesterday?
  I-45...hope things are going well for you with your recovery!
  Steve...hope you enjoyed your day off and got to take in the lacrosse game! 
  Jeff...any plans of wetting a line this week?

Thank You for the condolences of my friend who passed away, very much appreciated. The wake and funeral are today from 10-1, so I will be leaving work at 10 this morning to attend.
  Had a nice day with the family yesterday despite the weather...made the best of it with a small barbecue and we played some board games and dominoes to pass the time inside.
  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and had safe travels!
  Best get ready for today's events...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8888 on: May 30, 2017, 03:00 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The parade was excellent Eddie, Thanks for asking Sir! They certainly went all out paying tribute to our lost members of the military, it was very moving and well done.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Ours ended up taking a crazy turn, that Deal Ninja would appreciate.

When I was up at the shack mowing, I went to move our old picnic table and 2 of the legs broke off :%$#!: I got looking at it and decided that it was past putting any more time and money into it for fixing.  Yesterday morning I put an ad on C List, saying that I was looking for a cheap or free picnic table. I didn’t want anything good because it would just get stolen, but I figured someone may have a low end table they would sell.

Yesterday at 3pm I got an e-mail saying some people had a table that they needed to get rid of. It seems they were wrapping up moving into a new house and they were leaving their table behind. They had an offer of $100 on it but the buyers never came. The lady said they were out of time, so if I wanted it to come and take it. We hopped in the truck and drove 12 miles to the address of our new shack table. It isn’t by any means new but it is far better than I was expecting. They were happy to see it go and we were happy getting it.

It’s time to head to the jungle.

Hope you all have an excellent day. Stay safe no matter what’s on the planner.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8889 on: May 30, 2017, 03:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                       It's 51* and cloudy here on my hill, this weather sucks, rain forecasted all week! :%$#!:
                       Marv.....Good score on the picnic table, it should last a long time if no one steals it! >:(
                       Eddie....No plans for fishing this week, my wife has a honey-do list that she wants done before the 13th of June.
              My brother called and is getting released from the PT facility and was suppose to go to a different one , but has opted
              to go to his house in the Chicago area and get picked up everyday to go to  out patient PT. So he needs me to come
              out because he can't be alone. I'll be there for a couple of weeks then his son will come on July 1st for a week or so. Then
              I'm either flying back to his place there and then we fly to his permanent home in Florida. I will probably be there for a
              couple of weeks!
                       h2l.....Good going on the fish, it pays to put the time in! :flex:
                       I-45.....When will you be returning to work, is the shoulder healed up?
                       Steve....How was the lacrosse game?
                       WW........are you and Mr. WW getting out this week?
                        Bud.......How goes it at the store?
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water if you can!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8890 on: May 30, 2017, 04:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's,

Jeff, Sounds like your going to be up rooted for a while.  Home it all goes smooth for you, and the Brother has great improvement.  Most all the crew will be hard at the inventory in a couple hours.  I drew the luck straw, and will do the closing shift today.  Store will not open until 3:00 PM.  Guess the liquidator wants to know exactly what is on hand in the store.   Not a lot of movement as to % off.  Still range from 10 to 40% store wide and think that is about true across the country.  Some items such as the high end Camping stuff is about wiped out.  In the way of fishing gear, its getting pretty picked over, as is the more popular lures.

Have had lot of people in that don't know how to tie even the improve cinch knot, asking for starter rigs to take up fishing.  Some of those want to take up fly fishing.  Then of course we have those that know more about fishing than the fishing gods.  ::)  but haven't been fishing since they were 5-6 years old. ::)  Some I think have more money than brains, at least it seems that way.  And some that think its their chance to just take a spare part off a display, for their reel that is now obsolete, or out of production. ::)  Always requests for things that we never stocked/sold in the store

Had a downpour thunder store at the store, real gully washer, and Mrs say only a few sprinkles at the house but 8 miles away.  At least it didn't hammer the garden with hail.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Nice table Marv
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8891 on: May 30, 2017, 04:49 AM »
Whoa, everyone up at the same time ??? Marv, Steve, WW, Jeff.
Radar looks like things might be drying out. ;D  Have a good day in the Jungle Marv

Think I will go find my pillow now that everyone is raiding the coffee pot  ;D
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8892 on: May 30, 2017, 05:47 AM »
Morning all,

Rain here yesterday cancelled all the Memorial Day parades  :(  Did manage a couple rain free hours before the day was over, but too late to do anything outside  >:( Looks like rain/thunderstorms starting again in an hour or so & continuing for most of the day, extended forecast is for........more rain  :%$#!: :%$#!: 

IFF.....good luck dealing with john q public, I imagine as the % off increases so does the number of crazies  :cookoo:
  IW....good to hear your brother is continuing to improve  :clap: :thumbsup:  kudos to you for stepping up when family is in need  :bow: :bow: not everyone would be willing to go that extra mile  :thumbsup: :clap:
  Eddie....may today's service bring you some comfort. Glad you had a good day with family yesterday  ;)
  WS....sweet deal on the table  :clap: :clap: hope your weather cooperates so you can get your week in  ;)2
  Capt/Deal Ninja.....hope you both are still with us & haven't been washed to sea  :o :o
  MW....not looking good for baseball again this week  >:(  kids must be disappointed getting games cancelled  :'(
  H2L....safe travels & hoping the wife gets a good report  :thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8893 on: May 30, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Good morning folks!! Happy tuesday!! Or not so happy looks like lots more rain this week gonna make it tough for mowing and baseball. Parade was cancelled yesterday with the down pour we had, scheduled to play games tonite and Thurs hope we can get at least 1 game in this week. C how it goes I guess. Have a great day everyone! Stay safe!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8894 on: May 30, 2017, 06:14 AM »
Good morning early risers skies are overcast looks like more rain on its way. The men's Div.1 college lacrosse championship game was nice to watch there are many happy Univ. of Maryland alumni and fans today . Maryland is men's champion once again after last winning championship back in 1975 . The Maryland women's team also won the national championship .In local lacrosse news three Army/West Point Men's team members are first team All American picks. A graduating senior from Marist college in Poughkeepsie, NY. is a ninth round draft pick of the NY. Lizards of Major League Lacrosse (professional lacrosse league) . First round of high school playoffs start today for girls start today teams from my area will be playing against teams from Eddie area of NY. Boys games start on Wednesday .
Hunts2long glad you finally caught some walleyes and the lake was not to crowded. Have a safe trip to NYC today may your wife receive good reports from her doctors.
IFF hang in there as you know things get crazy in retail during major sales or stock liquidations . Good to hear the rain did not beat up your garden.
Wallyworld hope all this wet weather has not caused to much damage to your garden . Good luck if fishing this week.
Deal Ninja hope all is alright at your home and your area did not suffer major flooding.
Eddie hope you can get the concrete poured and covered before any heavy rain falls from the sky. Nice you could spend Memorial Day with the family in spite of the weather.
Whopper Stopper good find on the picnic table . Have a safe week in the "jungle".
Ice Wanderer Looks like you will have a busy Summer helping out your brother. Good to hear he is making progress with his post surgery recovery.
Icefisher-45 are you back at work yet sir.

Have a safe and good day try and stay dry if having to deal with rain. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8895 on: May 30, 2017, 06:20 AM »
Good morning Wallyworld and Mealworm . Mealworm hope you get to play at least one game this week so the kids do not end up playing every night to make up games.
Wallyworld may your garden survive all the rain.

Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8896 on: May 30, 2017, 06:32 AM »
Weather guessers guessed wrong for us all weekend. What rain there was did not fall here. Today is the real Memorial Day. Grand Rapids holds their parade on 30th every year. The week end was not to wild around here. I only heard a few fire works over the weekend. Must be the fireworks shooters are running short of money to blowup or the novelty of them being legal has worn off.

I am headed over to the other place to retrieve the trailer. I am going to haul a bunch of used land scape timbers away for a neighbor. Hopefully there are enough good ones so we can put some in the ground as posts to keep a gal from putting her pontoon back in her yard by backing it across another persons property. She and a guy had been real nasty to that property owner a couple years ago on the ice. SOME ONE had cut down a 6 foot oak tree on his property to make it easier to get the pontoon in and out.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8897 on: May 30, 2017, 01:45 PM »
Trip to NYC went well. Wife is doing fine. Coming up on 1 year since transplant. (July 1st)

IFF, I use buck tail jigs about 90% of the time once I find fish. Rest of the time it is Lindy rigs while I am looking for fish. Sunday they wanted jig right tight to bottom. I back troll a lot...Do we think this rain will stop....Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8898 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello before firing up the Buick and heading south. We are heading to the far south metro this morning to take a tree down for one of our contractor accounts. Once we finish that we are heading to the far west metro to remove a large ash tree in a back yard. Lots of driving but also lots of lumber, so it will be a long day.

Good luck with the Honey-do list IW :thumbsup: Hope you can get everything done before the 13th!

Bud, continued patience Sir! I am guessing things will just keep getting crazier before it's over :cookoo: We went into our local Gander over the weekend and it was sickening watching the customers elbow their way around. I picked up 3 things to buy and then noticed 14 people in line for the one and only check out person ??? Yep, I put the stuff back and walked out.

Eddie, hope the rest of your week is a good one Sir!

WW, good luck getting the chores done in between the rain :%$#!: After the rain comes sunshine  so they say.

Hope all you in the east get a break with the rain. It certainly sounds like you are as wet as we were.

I have to get going. I am moving a little slow this morning so I best get heading.

Have a great day no matter what you have going. # 1, stay safe while you are doing it :clap:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8899 on: May 31, 2017, 04:32 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                      It's 54* and foggy here on my hill this am, again rain in the forecast but tomorrow suppose to be sunny! :clap:
                      WS......That seems to be a lot of driving around, you're on the clock that's what matters! :flex:
                      Bud......Sounds if things will get crazier, just think there is light at the end of that tunnel! ::)
                      I got a couple things done for my wife yesterday and went to Motor Vehicle and renewed my drivers license!
                      I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8900 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

Rain here again this morning, but looks like there might actually be a chance for some sun before the morning is over  :clap: :clap: :clap: and the forecast has changed for the next few days also......only 20% chance of rain thru Saturday  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: let's hope the guessers got this one right  ;D

WS.....hope you aren't too knotted up this morning, sounds like you're in for a LONG day  :-\  take things slow & easy  ;)
IW......may you check a few more things off that honey do list today  ;D
Eddie...guessing an early start today  ???  hope you aren't dealing with those darn gremlins again  >:(
H2L....great news on the wife  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: can't believe it's been almost a year since reading your post regarding her surgery, glad it's all turned out so well  :clap: :clap:
TT....hope the timber detail went smoothly & didn't cause a riot with the nasty neighbor  ;)2
MrC....the garden seems to be holding up so far, not growing much yet tho  :-\ just not dying either  :P

Looks like some time with the chain saws here today  :flex: :flex:   

Have a good day at work or play.Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8901 on: May 31, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  Happy humpday,  I go back to the Doctors on Friday. If he says I'm good to go back to work I'll have to do another dot physical on Tuesday and be back to work on tues. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8902 on: May 31, 2017, 06:58 AM »
I am going to risk a tongue lashing and go fishing this morning.  Just to see what its like.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8903 on: May 31, 2017, 07:32 AM »
IFF.....best of luck on the water today, you deserve a break after dealing with the crazies  ;D
IF45....hope the doc has nothing but good news for you sir  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8904 on: May 31, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Good morning early risers. I had some rain over night and weather guessers are calling for more showers and possible thunder storms this afternoon.
Mr.Turkey hope you were able salvage some of the landscape ties to use as posts. Your community lake appears to cause many problems between neighbors.
Hunts2long great report for you wife tell her to keep up the good work.
Whopper Stopper looks like you are getting a tour of the "jungle" today. May both jobs be problem free.
Ice Wanderer keep plugging away the "Honey Do" list will be completed eventually.
Wallyworld glad your garden is holding up to the rain fall . Be safe playing Lumber Jill & Jack.
Icefisher-45 may you receive a good doctors report and pass the D.O.T. physical  .
IFF have a good fishing trip hope the lake is not crowded with people going after the Northern Pike bounty.

Have a safe and good Wednesday. Best to all fishing.
Steve                                                                                             

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8905 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Walleye supper this evening.  Fished the home lake, we boated 12, one being a keeper.  Albeit the keeper was out weighed by an under sized one  :woot: Some very healthy, at just under legal.   ;D  Was time to leave so the buddy could make it to motor vehicle to renew a tag.  On the way home, see some serious black smoke, that turned out to be from a burning fuel tanker truck, it had blown a tire and hit the barrier and exploded.  Driver was pulled out, by first drivers that stopped, his legs were on fire.  No doubt he was in shock.
 Needless to say both directions were closed, for several hours.  Repairs will take most of the night at that location.  Its expected to have only 2 out of 5 lanes open one way come morning.  On the way to the lake I noticed helicopters and lots of squad cars in the neighborhood.  By the time I got to the lake heard on the radio it was the results of a car jacking, with shots being fired.  Not a typical day in my neighborhood.  :cookoo: Late this afternoon we received a reverse 911 call,  all clear for the 3 suspects involved in the shooting/car jacking.

Will kick back and enjoy tomorrow off, with a little time spent in the garden  ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8906 on: Jun 01, 2017, 02:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to June...about half way there now until  :icefish:
  55* to start off the month, high of 68 expected today with sunshine!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Computer has been having problems again, crossing fingers....
  Early start again this am so just wanted to post a quick hello to everyone.
  Bud..congratulations on your catch, hope that keeper was tasty last night!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on...will try to catch up to you all this afternoon!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8907 on: Jun 01, 2017, 03:58 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

We figured you were have puter headaches again Eddie. Hope the bug has left so you can get back on Sir!

Good going on the fish dinner Bud :clap: Sounds like your neighborhood is taking a turn, you may have to start pulling the keys out at night and locking the doors at before bed ;D

Not much for me to report. Yesterday was everything I expected  and the day went long. I had planned on sleeping in this morning but my internal alarm clock went off early. I usually get up at 2:45, but this morning I was ready at 2:00 ??? I finally decided I was done for the night so I just decided to go out in the garage for awhile.

I have three choices today. Launch the old boat, go to the Chiropractor, mow the lawn ??? I do believe that we are to get close to 78 today with little wind, so I best get deciding.

Hope you all have a good day either at work or on the water :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8908 on: Jun 01, 2017, 04:25 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                     It's 41* an clear skies this morning here on my hill, with a high of 68*! :clap:
                     Eddie......I suspected that you might be having computer problems when I didn't see a post from you! ::)
            Have a good day at the capital!
                    Marv......Since you're up so early, you should get it all in today! :flex:
                    Bud......I just saw the truck on fire on Fox News! :o I bet that eye tasted good last night! :thumbsup:
                    I have a busy day myself, till the garden, mow the lawn and help the wife plant some vegetables!
                    I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8909 on: Jun 01, 2017, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

Weatherman said only a 20% chance of rain today  ;D  great news except it's raining out now   :cookoo: Enough said on that subject  :roflmao:

WS....2:45  :o :o  you are truly an early riser  :woot: my vote goes to fishing first, which we all know is very therapeutic, then the docs, then if there's time, the mowing  @) 
IW.....sounds like a busy day on tap, hope the sun shines on your day  @)
IFF....enjoy the day off, hope the garden is doing well  :) good job on the eyes  :thumbsup:
Eddie...early start, early out  :clap: & tomorrow's Friday already  :thumbsup: good luck clearing out the gremlins  ;D
MrC....checked the garden yesterday & found some cukes poking thru  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: there may be hope for some fresh veggies yet  ;D
Got a bunch more logs blocked up ready for the splitter yesterday  :flex: hard to get around with the ground so soggy  :(  then power washed the deck, so nice to have a mostly dry day for a change  :thumbsup: Only had to break for about 10 minutes as a quick t-storm passed thru  ;) think today may be a bit quieter  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.