Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1623712 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8820 on: May 23, 2017, 08:06 AM »
Good Morning ER's 50ish here and hoping to see some sun soon;it's been a week or so without her. Marv enjoy the pie from the chip barterer. IW looks like the reunion was a blast nice info and pic. I called up otter customer service about the shanty. The lady is sending me some set-up instructions and 1 bracket that was missing. I asked for some foam for the bench and backrest,along with material to cover it but got gaffed on that request ouch. I think it is put together right just have to double check everything then finish it. Have a great day to all.

Prayers go out to the Manchester Folk and Family

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8821 on: May 23, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Not much to add, got the garden area tilled, one last appointment to run, then rest of the week putting in the balance of the 24 hours at the store.  Still get lots of calls wanting to know if we have this or that, expecting us to do their shopping, but get real put out when they get told nothing will be held for anyone.  First come first served.

Pretty sad about Manchester.   That's something I have always missed out on.  Class reunions, except for the ones Mrs went to.

Got told to expect a few truck loads coming in from Distribution Center.  This could get interesting  ::)  at least I will be working when the next rains move in. 

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8822 on: May 23, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Evening all,

Hit Ontario this morning......went 2 for 2 on browns, 20" & 23"  :)  Definitely SLOW, but a nice day to be out  ;)    Going to try a small local lake (Delta) in the morning to see if we can find any hungry eyes. Supposed to be another nice day  @)  then a couple rainy ones coming this way  :-\  Seems we can't string together more than 2 nice days in a row  :( 

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. Enjoy your evening  ;)  Stay safe.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8823 on: May 24, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Morning everyone.  Spent an hour or so catching up in here.  Glad everyone seems to be doing pretty well.  Fishing was still slow this past weekend, but did manage to catch enough keepers for a small fry for the wife and me.  Also picked up my first walleye of the season on Sunday too.  A barely legal 15", but hopefully a sign they're finally starting to turn on.

Hope everyone has a productive and safe hump day.  Good luck to those lucky enough to wet a line today!
I see Marv just popped in.  Morning Sir.

Mark
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8824 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08 AM »
Good Morning Ninja!  Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Nice to see you checking in Mark. Are you still finding deals around the net? :thumbsup:

Good luck this morning WW and Mr. WW :clap: Hope the eyes are snapping for you two.

Hump day Eddie! Have a good day Sir!

Yesterday ended up being a fiasco. I think it safe to say the boss wasn’t anywhere close to his A game and the oak job was scrapped. Unfortunately for him he wouldn’t listen to reason and tore a couple of yards up before he finally saw the light. A town home job today, hopefully the lawn will be better.

Time to head south. Last day this week as I am doing a side job tomorrow.

Good luck to all fishing!  Stay safe

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8825 on: May 24, 2017, 03:15 AM »
Good Morning Mr. Ninja, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!    ;D
  50* with partly cloudy skies this am, high of 70 expected here today.
  Marv...hope today goes better than yesterday for you Sir...Doh!!  ;D.  Have a safe day in the jungle!   :thumbsup:
  Mr. Ninja...nice job on the catch and fry!  :clap:  We're always looking for deals if you come across any, nice to see you posting, hope all is well Sir! 
  Jeff...welcome back and thanks for sharing your reunion with us, great job on the pictures! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, it must have been great seeing your classmates again, awesome! Glad to read the Academy was also reopened to carry on the tradition, excellent!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally...good luck today on the Walters and congrats on the browns yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  OG...was worth a shot asking for the materials to fix the seat! Are you going to " flip " the Otter over after the repairs?
  Steve...that's too bad you and Jeff couldn't have met up somehow living so close to the Military Academy...maybe next time.

We had another very good day yesterday with our pour, weather was perfect, moral was high and the concrete trucks were right on schedule. 6am start today setting up another section hoping to pour on Friday, although the weather doesn't look good like Wally mentioned...see what happens.
  Planted 2 new blueberry bushes for the Mrs. yesterday. Understand they need acidic soil to thrive and read that coffee grounds are a good additive. That being said....cawfee's on! Help yourself but leave the filter please.... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8826 on: May 24, 2017, 03:23 AM »
"Nice to see you checking in Mark. Are you still finding deals around the net?"

As a matter of fact, I snagged a pretty sweet deal for myself on Amazon a week ago.  Two Fenwick "World Class" 6' 10" 2 pc. medium light spinning rods for $124.81 each.  They high retail at $299.95.  ;D

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Fenwick-World-Class-Spinning-Rod/product/B011ODOU0C?active=price_amazon

That big spike back up to $259.83 was thanks to your's truly.  ;D

Morning Ed!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8827 on: May 24, 2017, 03:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, Ninja, ER's,
                      It's 45* and partly cloudy here on my hill, expected to be a decent day.
                      WW.........Good job on the Browns and I hope you have the same success on the eye today! :flex:
                      WS........From what your boss has pulled in the pass he should go get the jobs and have you make
             the decisions if they can be done at the time. I know he has overhead but ruining someone's lawn can be
             costly! :%$#!:
                      Eddie.......It sounds like the crew has their groove on, only weather can hold you guys back! :thumbsup:
                      Ninja.......Good score on the rods! :clap:
                      Bud.........They are really loading up your store with merchandise, they must know that they can unload
            it there! ::)
                      Today I think I'm going to try and York rake the area that MW and I tore up putting my leech bed in, hopefully
            the ground isn't too wet. :unsure:
                      I hope everyone has a great Hump Day, Wednesday either at work or out doing what we like to do, FISH!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8828 on: May 24, 2017, 07:31 AM »
Good Morning ER's  44* heading to 81, wind 2mph. bluebird skies, Had thought of taking to the lake, but think I better make sure the garden get planted instead.  Better make Mrs happy, I know going fishing before the garden get in would not set well.

No telling what will get shipped in.  I know not a lot of things are moving like the bigger 4 pack of tackle trays priced at only 10% off making them $21.  Pallet stacked over my head. 

WW's hope you score some quality eyes if your getting out.   From what I am hearing out this way catching is still pretty slow.  Manager fishing another tournament that was a real bust for him, pre fishing the day before the water temp was at 67, and tourney day was back down to 54.  made for a real turn off.

Got my vehicle insurance all squared away.  Changed company, as they had raised the rates up to unacceptable. 

Jeff hope the yoke rake does what you want it to do and turns out well.

Good Day to all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8829 on: May 24, 2017, 08:28 AM »
All loaded up to take some stuff over to the burn pile. The unbelievable happened yesterday. I had some wood to cut up so I pulled the Husky 55 rancher off of the shelf. It had not been run for a couple of years. After remembering to prime it started after a half dozen pulls. I forgot how heavy it was so I am glad I am not burning wood full time any more.

I think that I will stay a day or two to see if I can find a turkey that wants to commit suicide. No one coming for the weekend but we have to go to the daughters for a going away party on Sat night for the grand daughter that is moving to AZ to teach.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8830 on: May 24, 2017, 10:35 PM »
Evening all, well Tom, are Turkeys really that smart ?  Would think the young ones wouldn't know better than to stick their necks out.  ::) Careful at the burn pile.

Got garden all in, then thought I would head to store and put in a few hours.  What a surprise that was.  that big pile of tackle trays multiplied over night now there are 5 more of them.   :o  The receiving area was all jammed up with pallets of Combo rod/reels.  When I scanned its price I noticed on the scanner it declared we have 325 in stock, meaning they were added to our inventory, in addition it also tells me there are 216 in transit, with another 120 store bound.  And that was just one size of them.  ::)   ::)  One pallet had 6 Ion augers the 6" models  :blink: Once word gets out those are also at the 40% off would think those will be gone fast.  Not sure I want to go in tomorrow   :unsure: :unsure: :whistle:

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8831 on: May 25, 2017, 02:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 54* on the Hill this am, high of 55 expected here today with rain arriving around 8am.
  Bud...sounds like you're going to be busy for awhile at the store, lots of merchandise arriving! Would imagine those Ion augers will go super fast, great price!
  Tom...best of luck to you bagging a gobbler, hope the weather is better there than here the next few days!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope your rake job went well yesterday...looks like you won't have to water the grass seed if you spread some out for the next few days.
  Marv...how was that apple pie??   ;D.   Have a safe day with the side job today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had a good day yesterday fishing, beautiful weather to be out in a boat!
  MW...how's the Little League team doing? Hope business is doing well and this rain doesn't set you back.

We had a pretty good day yesterday setting up for another pour tomorrow, but found out at lunch that they cancelled concrete due to the rains coming. Some inside work to be done today once the rain starts will get us the day in, good chance we'll end up having a 4 day weekend with tomorrows forecast.
  No good stories to share recently, although some of the practical jokers have begun screwing around with each other...won't be long until something worthy happens...maybe even today!
  Cawfee's on...looks like some fresh bagels under the dome, help yourself!
Iceshanty Users Online
    126 Guests, 1 User (0 Buddies)
masoneddie

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8832 on: May 25, 2017, 03:46 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 49* and cloudy here on my hill, as Eddie said rain expected this morning!
                            Eddie.......I would think the boss's would have inside work just for in case of multiple rain days. ???
                            Mar........Good luck with the side job today1 :flex:
                            Bud........Those will be some good deals when they put the sale price on, you should buy a few of each
                    then sell them for a little more when they are all gone! :whistle:
                            WW......How did the fishing go yesterday?
                            Well it was a long day yesterday I got all humps out with the York rake and then I did the fine raking,
                   I went and got grass seed and starter fertilizer and some mulch hay. I wanted straw but the place was out of
                   it. I got the seed down and fertilized and mulched, I finish around 7:30 last evening so the rain could come and
                   do the watering for me. MW came to pick up his kids and said I did a good job on the raking, he said he was
                   worried that the humps wouldn't come out with the York rake!
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8833 on: May 25, 2017, 04:58 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Sounds like you did a nice job on the lawn IW. I bet that was a lot of work, good going :thumbsup:

The pie was excellent Eddie ;D It was an apple pie with a crumb type topping. I told the girls I made it but they didn't buy it ???

Good luck if you hit the woods Tom :thumbsup:

Bud, hope you can maintain your sanity these next few days. I bet the phone could drive you nuts with people calling :cookoo:

WW hope your day is a good one no matter what direction you and Mr. WW are headed :thumbsup:

Yesterday was a long one and I am glad it's over. Today's side job will be enjoyable picking away by myself. I have a birch to take down and a small hedge to straighten up. Then I am going to get the old boat out and get it ready, check for leaks and such.

Hope you all have an excellent and safe Thursday! :thumbsup:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8834 on: May 25, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a couple of rainy days. Weekend is supposed to be nice though. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to everyone on the water. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8835 on: May 25, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Marv, That pie looks just right.  Eddie, its going to get crazy, that's for sure, running out of room on display fixtures, now just going to piles on pallets, and tables.  One thought I have is what the retail outdoor supply business is going to be like, after the store closes....What with like inventory of 3 stores selling out.  Then What ?  The public will be over stuffed with everything ??   ::) :unsure: That business could come to a near halt, for a while, until something breaks or gets lost.

I will have to take notes on some of the questions, or replies we have been getting from the customers.  ;D

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8836 on: May 25, 2017, 07:24 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....can't even begin to imagine the mess you have to deal with everyday  :wacko:  hope your day passes quickly
Eddie...4 day weekends are the best, although not so much if you aren't getting paid for the extra day :( 
IW....sounds like you had a full day yesterday. bet you're glad that's over  :flex:
WS....good luck on your side job today, at least today's "boss" has more common sense than your regular boss  :roflmao: :woot:
TT....good luck finding that suicidal bird  ;)

Fishing was slow again yesterday...picked up 1 fat perch, 1 short eye & a few pickerel, called it quits around 1  :-\  Came home & got the garden planted while MrWW brush hogged the "back 40"  :flex:  hoping the garden survives the rain, wind & cool temps over the next couple of days.

Have a good Thursday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8837 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Good morning early risers .
Eddie looks like you will be back to doing granite facials today. Besides adding coffee grounds to soil around blueberry bushes I think there is a fertilizer for plants needing acidic soil called Holly Tone.
Whopper Stopper have fun with the side job and boat preparations. Enjoy any remaining pie.
Wallyworld sorry the fishing was slow once again , May your garden come through the forecasted weather with no problems.
Ice Wanderer good timing with the yard work hopefully you do not get heavy rains that wash away or drown the grass seed. Next time you post about coming to my area I will have to send you my phone number as Eddie said possibly we could meet some where.
Mr.Turkey may you get a turkey. Also a safe trip to AZ. for your granddaughter.
Deal Ninja enjoy the new fishing rods.
IFF sounds like Gander Mountain has lots of stock left to liquidate.

Have a good day, best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8838 on: May 25, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Happy Thursday. Cool with some rain on the way. Long day on the water yesterday. Marked a ton of fish but most are tight to bottom in 34 to 43 fow. Did boat 1 short walleye and a SMB. Water temp was 64 when I came in. I tried everything but they just don't want to hit. Won't get out again until next week. WW at least you were smart enough to come off the water at 1. I stayed until 5. Nice South wind came up in the afternoon and I was HOPING it would get some fish going....Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8839 on: May 25, 2017, 07:47 AM »
Bud I can about imagine the calls. Probably something like this :whistle:

Customer- Hi, does Gander carry _____ Widgets?
Bud- Yes they do.
Customer- Do you have any left?
Bud- I believe so.
Customer- How many do you have left?
Bud- let me check the computer.
Bud- It looks like there are still 6 available
Customer- Would you please walk over to the area and double check so I don’t stop for nothing?
Bud- Yes Sir, be right back.
Bud- We do have 6 left.
Customer- How much are they with the discount?
Bud- Dang, let me go look, be right back.
Bud- with the discount they are $-----.
Customer- What color do you have.
Bud- Let me see.
Bud- Red and Blue.
Customer- Do you have any green ones?
Bud- No.
Customer- How about Yellow?
Bud- No
Customer- What sizes are the Blue ones?
Bud- Let me go look.
Bud- Medium and small
Customer- Do you have large?
Bud- No!
Customer- Do you have any extra large?
Bud- No! , Medium and Small, Sir.
Customer- Do the medium ones have the ?? on them?
Bud- I don’t know, Let Me Go Look!
Bud- No
Customer- It should, are you sure?
Bud- YES!!
Customer- How about the Small ones?
Bud- What about the small ones?
Customer- Do they have the ?? on them?
Bud- LET ME GO LOOK AGAIN!!! :%$#!:
Bud- NO!
Customer- Are you positive?
Bud- YES!!
Customer- I need a Large
Bud- Well, That’s Too Bad, They Are All Gone!
Customer- Do you know if _______ carries them?
Bud? How the hell should I know? :%$#!:
Customer- Well, you sure are a crotchety old @&$#@*. Thanks for nothing, CLICK!

BUD! Call on line 2 :%$#!: :%$#!:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8840 on: May 25, 2017, 08:02 AM »
WS.....sounds about right  :thumbsup: :clap: :roflmao: :woot: 
H2L....sorry your day was slow too  :'(  they've got to turn on sometime right  ???
MrC....thanks for the good wishes for the garden, it's absolutely pouring down rain here right now   >:(  not sure my little tomato & pepper plants are strong enough to make it thru  :-\ 

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8841 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45 PM »
If we get any more rain, we will be floating high to clear the sand bar and head out to sea for parts unknown, I hope the lines holding us to NY and PA don't chafe thru
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8842 on: May 25, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Well folks, it appear it was WS that has been calling  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh: Not often we get calls from  651 numbers  ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8843 on: May 26, 2017, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Wet and rainy morning, 49*, high of 60 expected here today. Looks like the rain will be hanging around for most of the day...the weekend looks pretty good though!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...looking forward to some of the calls you've been taking, yikes, it's got to be challenging!!
  Marv...enjoyed that phone call, good stuff!! :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:  Fine looking piece of pie as well, yum! Hope the side job went well and no major problems with the boat....fishing this weekend?
  Capt...agree on the rain, we've had more than enough already! Extended forecast for next week looks pretty grim at the moment, hoping that changes.
  H2...better luck next trip out. How are you liking the new boat?
  Steve...no more facials on the granite at the Capitol for awhile, believe they are looking into a new product with less of an offensive smell, too many complaints apparently.
  Wally...better luck next trip out also, those walleyes are going to be on the bite one of these trips! Hope the garden held up to the rains... :thumbsup:
  Jeff...you put in a long day on your lawn, hope it turns out well for you. Any fishing this weekend?
  Tom...hoping that gobbler shows/showed up for you Sir!   :thumbsup:

We have a small crew coming in today, only 6 I believe. Some were taking it off, others told not to come in due to weather and mostly all outside work for the most part...understandably, some unhappy workers getting that message. I'll be running a large table saw all day cutting marble for special cuts we need in advance...going to be a long day, but thankful for the opportunity to get day in.
  Fishing is on the agenda this weekend...looking forward to that!!  :thumbsup:
  Well, time to get ready again and watch the clock tick away....cawfee's on!  Safe travels to anyone going out of town for the weekend! 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8844 on: May 26, 2017, 04:34 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Eddie, Hope your day is a good one, be careful with the saw, that sounds wicked :unsure: Good luck if you make it out fishing :thumbsup: I doubt I will do any fishing over the weekend. Just too crazy on the lakes for me, although this morning the girls are headed out.

I have a few stumps to dig out today, and also need to get my big generator in shape so the girls can use it in two week when then go on their fishing vacation. Then I am going to continue working on my old boat, paint, liquid nails, etc.

Good luck to anyone fishing. Safe travels to all if you will be on the roads :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8845 on: May 26, 2017, 05:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                       Rain, rain a nd more rain, It's been raining here on my hill since yesterday and is the menu for today! :%$#!:
                       Eddie....It says a lot when the work is slow and you're asked to come in and get the day in, even if it is boring
             work. You are one of the best on your crew! :flex: Have a good weekend! :thumbsup:
                       Marv.....Are the stumps on your property or are they part of your side jobs? Where are the girls headed for their
             fishing trip? Have a good weekend. :thumbsup:
                       Bud.....If it was Marv on the phone, I don't think the questions would sound so stupid! :whistle:
                       Capt....I don't think NJ would float away maybe another shoal would develop and ground more boats! :woot:
             And the Pinelands would stop the erosion!
                       WW.....Tomorrow looks to be a nice day, I hope you and Mr. WW can get out. :flex:
                       Tom.....Good luck with the gobbler, when I was out doing my grass planting I could hear on drumming,
             my wife asked what that noise was, she had never heard it before!
                       I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing, everyone safe travels if you are!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8846 on: May 26, 2017, 07:17 AM »
51 and rain this morning. Fishing will bet better as the water warms and it drops some. Really do like the way the handles. I am sure that I will be adding an electric motor to it at some point. Something on the bow with I-Pilot.

Not much planned for today but am planning a cookout for the weekend. Depends on which day the daughter wants to come. We have to work around HER plans.....lol....

Have a good weekend and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8847 on: May 26, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Good morning early risers light rain coming down weather guessers saying possibly more on Sunday. Last night sectional championship games were held for two of the four classes in Boys lacrosse at NY. public high schools . Thankfully the rain stopped for the games I arrived in time to see the finish of early game for class D sectional title the late game was for the Class C title and ended up being a one sided game the losing team had an off night with many mistakes when they had scoring opportunities they did not but the ball into the goal. Final score was 10 to 1 . On Wednesday May 31 the first round of state championship play starts this is always a big test for teams in my area we usually play against teams from Mason Eddie part of NY. or from Westchester /Rockland counties and all my area teams usually loose in this round. NY. has four classes in lacrosse based on a schools student population A-D . Class A is for the largest schools and D the smallest. Class D was added this year.
Eddie keep a watch of your fingers while operating the saw.
IFF keep a sense of humor through the liquidation process as a fellow retail worker I know things get crazy especially with big sales.
Whopper Stopper have fun with the stump pulling and work on your boat.
Capt.Jim keep the raingear on stand bye, hope you are staying on top of your workload. I know owners of rental properties want their jobs completed before start of rental season at end of June.
Hunts2long sounds like you are enjoying the new boat. Hope your wife is doing well with her recovery.
Ice Wanderer hopefully all of us in the North East will get one good day to enjoy outdoor activities over this holiday weekend.
Wallyworld how is the garden looking after yesterdays showers.

A safe and good holiday weekend to all enjoy any celebrations you have planned. To all fishing may the bite be on and things not get to crazy out on the water.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8848 on: May 26, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Evening all,

Eddie..... :clap: to you for being one of the few selected to work, hope the day flew by for you  ;D
MrC....it appears the garden has survived so far  :thumbsup: thanks for asking, glad the rains stopped before the games last nite  @)
IFF...hope the weekend isn't too out of control at the store   :wacko:
H2L....water temp the other day was only 60*, I imagine it's even colder now after a couple more days of rain & cool temps  :(
WS....you are the man  :bow: we started blocking our wood for next winter this morning between showers, boy do my arms & shoulders ache tonite  :'(  don't know how you do that work day after day  :flex: 
Capt....hope you haven't floated away, maybe it's time to start building a boat  :o
IW....no fishing on weekends for us  :nono:  way too many crazies to deal with  :cookoo: 
TT....we have 3 hens that visit the bird feeder at least twice a day, they're roosting on the edge of our woods at night  ;D no toms around tho, not sur e why  ??? 

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend  :)  Thank you to all the men & women that have served our country, past & present. Stay safe everyone whatever plans you may have  ;D

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8849 on: May 26, 2017, 07:02 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes with my turkey hunting. I finally got it done. Sat up yesterday after noon 100 yards from where I sat for over two hours in the morning. I never heard a turkey in the morning. Where I sat up in the afternoon I had seen a bunch of turkeys the after noon before. I noticed all the feeding sign when I went in to set up in the morning. I only sat for a half hour soft calling when a tom gobbled 30 yards behind me. Luckily I was setting against a big tree so I was able to turn and shoot him at 20 yards. Just a 2 year old tom but like deer hunting I am not a trophy hunter. 9 3/4 inch beard with 3/4 inch spurs. Surprisingly heavy at 21 lbs. due to the mild winter.

Things are getting busy here at the lake. The weather is not perfect with some rain forecast and not real warm but I will take that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.