Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615049 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8280 on: Mar 29, 2017, 03:34 PM »
Finally getting things settled down enough to post. It has been a busy few days.

Sunday was a birthday party for a great friend. She turned 80. There was between 150 and 200 that showed up at the VFW hall for the party. You would never believe that Dee turned 80 by the way she runs around getting things done. She manages the local senior center. She is very active in the VFW working 2 fish fries a month and two nights of bingo a week. She is called a traitor by the woman's auxiliary as she helps the men instead of working with the auxiliary that does little to support the post.

Monday was the day for the wife to get her lap band surgery done. We went to a hospital farther away so she did not have to wait another month to get it done. It only took the doctor around 45 minutes to do the surgery.  When we got in the prep room the wife said wait until the anesthesiologist comes in when she saw the name on the info board. It was an doctor she has known for years. He was happy to see her.
This is going to be a total change in life style for the both of us as we will be eating in a total different way. I brought her home on Tuesday after noon.

I read the book written by the Vietnamese boat person while she was in surgery. I never knew what they went through to get to America. His father had left a prosperous business behind to get away from Communism. The author went to the Naval Academy and spent 22 years in the Navy. His son recently graduated from the Academy as well. All of his siblings have done well for them selves. It is to bad that these immigrants wanting into this country do not seem to strive to do the same thing. The immigrants of the past are what made this country what it is.  This Vietnamese family has done the same.

I have done therapy a number of times. Most of it did what it was supposed to do. I went to a chiropractor once or should I say I went 5 times with a back that was out of place. All I got was heat treatments with no attempt to cure the problem. When I went to check out the 5th time the woman at the desk she said your next appoint will be. I said there will never be another appointment as I am headed to sit and wait for a DO to put my back in place as I am not on workman's comp and need to get back to work. I said this in ear shot of a waiting room of the same patients that were there every time I had been.

I am going to try and go down and find a couple of the property stakes tomorrow if the neighbor woman is not home. That will solve some of the issues this weekend if I already have the two main stakes along the road already found.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8281 on: Mar 29, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Evening everyone !! Hope you're all having a great day!
Well I never got to cleaning the garage yesterday just flat ran out of time today wife and I had some more running to do.when we got home noticed the driveway was real soft in a few spots so we layed some stone and tamped then leveled off with more stone. Weather guessers are calling for 8"-12" tmrw nite through Saturday, so tmrw we will be getting ready after we meet with a potential new customer for property maintenance.

IW,nice couple lakers glad u guys got into a couple of fish in the short trip.

WS good luck with the DOT physical,hope your good for the 2 year card this time around.hope the side jobs went well for ya. Sounds like it was a good sit down with the boss,3 day's a week now that's how work weeks should be.are you gonna work 3 day's mon weds tues then done or do like mon weds fri ? any way it's a sweet deal!

WW, wow that story in MD blew me away! Had to be a very tough situation to be in also very scary I couldn't imagine.hope they can get help for the girl

IFF that sux about missing out on the chevy,I'm sure u really didn't want that 1 anyway there was prolly something wrong with it,transmission er something, just trying to make u feel better lol.

H2l glad you are still getting good reports on the wife, sorry u have to make that drive all the time though.hope everything goes well with the new boat

TT, good luck with the property lines tmrw.that book sounds lie a good read,immigrants coming here to build a life not immigrants coming with thete hands out.glad surgery went well for the wife,wow small world running into her old friend.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8282 on: Mar 29, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Good Evening, Gang

Got to 60 today with sunshine most of the day, tomorrow (Thursday) will be more of the same, just a little cooler, Friday wet, supposed to be a decent weekend

T.T. - The wife had lapband done about 10 years ago, yes a complete dining lifestyle change for her, just make sure that the exercise coupled with diet is done for weight loss -
     Good Luck with the property stakes

M.W. - Wasn't Pop sworn to secrecy about your 'ladykiller' childhood days?

I.W. - Good Going with the fish

I.F.F. - Patience, the right one will come along soon enough

W.S. - 3 Day Work Week - way to go - not getting any younger, any of us - Good Luck with the physical, and the side jobs

H2L - Nice to hear the wife is checking out well, continued success and good health to her

Mrs. W.W. - Now the  fun starts with the granddaughters - OHBOY

April looks like it is going to be a busy month, fencing and painting before Easter, ceramic tile after, the phone has backed off a bit, for a while there, I looked like I had a phone
     permanently attached to my right ear, have to see how long it lasts

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Limits & Records - Happy Birthday - Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8283 on: Mar 30, 2017, 03:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  27* and clear skies this am, high of 47 today with lots of sunshine. Looking at my weather App, we went from 1-3", 3-5", now have been upgraded to receive between 8-12" of the white stuff tomorrow...good grief, we were just losing the last of the 30" that fell.  :roflmao: 

Marv...hope that physical goes well today for you Sir!  Glad the side job went well and you picked up a few more coins from the neighbor as well, very nice!  Sounds like the meeting with the Boss worked out perfectly...3 day work week..congratulations on that one!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Jeff..good job on the laker trip and thanks for the pictures! That's too bad you had to cut the trip short, wet cold feet will do it every time. Was there a lot of slop on top...how was the ice?
  MW...you old hound dog...kindergarten?..started early!!   ;D.  Hope your appointment with the new job prospect went well yesterday...looks like the snow removal equipment will get another workout! Get some rest, another marathon coming up! 
  Wally..what a difficult decision that father had to make about his daughter, wow! Glad he did the right thing and potentially saved a lot of lives including his daughters.
  H2...great news on your wife's progress, hope the next appointment brings the same results! Guessing the round trip mileage to the Dr.'s must be close to 350 at least right? God Bless you both... :thumbsup:
  Tom...Dee sounds like a great woman, what a crowd!!  Best wishes to your wife hope her recovery goes well. Good luck finding those stakes today... :thumbsup:
  Capt...would you like some of the white stuff down there..be more than happy to share some?   ;D. Sounds like you got plenty to keep you busy for awhile, good deal. How's things going in the wood shop?

Yesterday my "not so smart phone" got ran over by a forklift in the shop...Doh! I have been having problems with it staying in its snap on case which it attaches to. Long story short, it popped off and bounced perfectly as the forklift was coming by and got pancaked...RIP!! Good news is the sim card? is still in tact and it's just an entry level phone. Bad news is, I won't be able to see anyone's replies this am at coffee break... :roflmao: 
  Will be picking up another at Walmart on the way home...wife doesn't see any humor in any of this, but I can assure you, the crew had a field day with it...tough bunch!! Round two will begin in about 2 hrs....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8284 on: Mar 30, 2017, 04:33 AM »
Good morning gang!! Morning eddie!! 20° currantly sunny with a high of 41° then in comes the snow over nite tonite 12"+ possible with rates of snow falling over an inch per hour,gonna be a nasty wet snow to deal with. March turning out not bad as far as plowing goes,I just hope it melts fast I'm ready for tree killing and landscaping.yep I WAS quite the lady killer when I was in school then I grew up and figured out how much trouble those ladies could be lol

Eddie, u should look into a life proof case for the phone,a coworker dropped his off the back of his truck in the street and found it a few hours later must have been run over a few times case was trashed but the phone was fine.

Capt., glad u have work coming in and are getting busy,busy is good.

WS,good luck at the physical

Icefisher, how's the arm feeling any news from the doc.

IW,safe travels today

Will check in laterms to see what everyone else is up to

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8285 on: Mar 30, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I sure hope everything turns out for your wife Tom. Making a life style change is a tough commitment, wishing you both the best! :thumbsup:

MW I am going to work M-W. Of course any rain day bumps me to a Thursday but there is always something I can do in the garage on wet days. I am pretty pumped about the arrangement, although I guess the bosses brother is having problems with it. :whistle:

Sorry to hear about the phone Eddie :%$#!: Mine has taken some bumps but so far it still rings. Have a good Thursday Sir! It's Pay day :clap:

Yesterday I had just started working on my side job when and old customer came out of his garage and noticed me working. It wasn’t long and he brought over a mitt-full of Jack Link meat snacks (I am guessing everyone knows what they are)

he is regional manager for them and has a garage full of the stuff. I never buy them because of the sodium in it and the fact they get like $8 a package. Anyway I may open up a bag after my CDL physical today.

Thanks for the well wishes with the physical. I sure hope I get the Health card for 2 years :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a good Thursday! Stay safe if heading out on the lakes.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8286 on: Mar 30, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a nice day. Having a emg done today to see why my shoulder and arm is numb. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8287 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:14 AM »
Good Morning. Looks like a nice day today, then some snow over the weekend. Will it ever end?

Thanks for all the well wishes. She can't wait for the 1 year anniversary on July 1st so she can have a salad....lol.

Eddie, the round trip is about 400 miles. Tuesday it took us almost 45 minutes to go the last three miles. Getting to the Geo. Washington Bridge was really backed up. That was the first time it was that bad in all our trips. We were right on time for our first appt...

Waiting this morning for my truck to be picked up. Starter went on it yesterday. It is always something.

Will be calling the boat dealer next week to have Humminbird Helix 7 installed and to see if Lund got in touch with him about motor mount hole. Right now it is in top hole and lund recommends second hole so he may have to raise the motor. Glad the boat isn't here or I would be out sitting in it all the time...lol

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8288 on: Mar 30, 2017, 08:13 AM »
The visiting nurse just showed up to check on the wife. Her only problem so far is this morning her blood sugar is a little low. Trying to get enough protein into her system is still a little hard when you can only take in a ounce of it at a time. With her life style change it might mean I have to eat my own cooking. not looking forward to that but I have survived on it before.

Looking for the stakes is put on hold again, it is snowing/sleeting right now.

WS I never have tried any of those brand products as I make my own jerky. I have a turkey breast in the freezer to make a batch of jerky for turkey season. I never use my venison for jerky since no matter what meat you use it always tastes like what jerk you use, Only a different texture. I did buy a meat stick a while back as I needed some protein to keep my blood sugar up. No need to buy another since it was not that great.

Hopefully you rural New Yorkers do not get hit to bad. Now NY City, that is w a whole nother thing.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8289 on: Mar 30, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Same ole, same ole......Just different day  ::)
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8290 on: Mar 30, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Same ole, same ole......Just different day  ::)

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8291 on: Mar 30, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone :bow:

Thanks for the well wishes in getting my health card for a 2 year period. Unfortunately I was screwed by the Fickle Finger of Fate. Last time I could only get it for a year because my BP was higher than the DOT's guidelines. So I went to my regular Dr and told him I had extremely high BP according to them. He said mine was slightly high but that I could probably control it with exercise and diet.

So for 6 months, on top of work, I was spending 45 minutes a day on the elliptical. When not doing that I would walk 3-4 miles, and often I would do both. I watched my diet and monitored everything I ate. I went back to the Dr and told him I just couldn't get it into the DOT specs. Reluctantly he put me on Lisinopril and 3 days later I was 125 over 78 where it has stayed.

Today the person asked if I was taking anything for BP because it was so good, and I told her yes, Lisinopril.
She said Oh, then I can only give you a health card for 1 year because we need to be able to monitor all prescriptions. 

Needless to say that set me off and I probably said some things I shouldn't have. Yes I at least got the card, but at $75 a year rather than $75 for the 2 years I was expecting . It goes against my grain to lie but as far as I am concerned they reaffirm my thoughts that the whole damn thing is a bunch of extortion, and she is in on the game. A bunch of BS.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8292 on: Mar 30, 2017, 03:59 PM »
Afternoon everyone,

Thoughts & prayers to all involved in the Texas bus/truck crash  :'( :'(

3 - 5" of snow tonite  ??? :o I thought Stella was the end of it, guess not  >:(  I hope the forecasters are wrong for you guys in the Adirondacks that are looking at 12" of snow. I think we've all paid our dues this year  ;)

TT....hope your wife's recovery is quick & she has no ill effects from the surgery. I know quite a few that have had the surgery & it is definitely a HUGE lifestyle change.
H2L....sure hope it's not much longer before the boats can get in the water, looking forward to a picture of your new ride  :)
IF45....hope you get an answer on the numbness soon
WS....hope the BP was good today & you got your 2 year card  ;D  looks like you'll have plenty of snacks for awhile  :thumbsup: hope the bosses brother doesn't mess things up for you at the job :nono:
Capt....sounds like a busy spring for you, good deal  :clap:
Eddie....sorry to hear about the phone  :(  hope the crew didn't razz you TOO much today  :roflmao: guessing the weather forecast will prevent an early start tomorrow ???
MW....hope you have the plow truck all gassed & ready to roll AGAIN  :P Next week looks to warm up some  ;)
IW....nice fishies, too bad about the wet feet  :( 

Have a good evening all. keeping my fingers crossed that the weather people have over estimated tonite's storm. Stay safe.

WS....I see you posted as I typed, sorry to hear today's outcome  :'(  I can imagine there was steam coming out your ears  :%$#!: remember the main thing tho is your health & you've gotten your numbers down where they need to be for good health  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   the money part of it sucks, but it's only money. You can't put a price tag on your life  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8293 on: Mar 30, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Well dang Marv.  I messed up not keeping my CDL.  Those are the kind of BP, I have and don't take anything.  My problem seems to be like yesterday I ate enough to last me 3 days.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8294 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to the weekend!!
 31* and steady snow falling, high of 34 today....8-12" expected.
  Starting at 4 again this am, so just wanted say hello quick before I get going. The plows are out and running, hoping the roads are going to be in semi-decent shape this am.
   Marv...sorry to read they held you back on the 2 year license again, dang!
   MW...have a safe day, hope all the equipment runs well today. Looks like another marathon coming up...

Will catch up to everyone early afternoon....cawfee's on!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8295 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:23 AM »
Good morning everyone. Thank God it's Friday. Marv it seems like the DOT physicals are getting harder. I had the Emg yesterday. Results are good. Muscles and tendons are intact. Doc says I have a bad case of whip lash and apparently I have arthritis in my neck which is slowing the healing process. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Looks like we're going to be getting more snow.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8296 on: Mar 31, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Good morning early risers, rain falling here might get a wintry mix before going to all rain. I hope the snow forecast totals end up lower for all who are dealing with more Winter weather today.
Wallyworld I think today's youth have more things influencing their fashion choices and appearance then when we were there age especially with all the social media.
Whopper Stopper sorry you could not get a two year license.
Icefisher-45 glad to hear your arm is in good shape hope the doc can find a reason for the numbness.
IFF better luck with the next vehicle that catches your eye.
Eddie if you get out for tomorrows trout season opener may you bring home a few.
Ice Wanderer congrats on the lake trout sorry it was a short trip. Just curious in an average Winter how long does your ice fishing season last. Personally I've gotten out a couple times around March 15TH . Back in 1993-94 when my area had a very cold winter saw a few people ice fishing on April 2ND .
Mr. Turkey may your wife have a good recovery from her surgery. Good luck finding the property stakes.
Mealworm hope your not in for another plowing marathon with the weather forecasted.
Hunts2long happy to read wife is doing well with recovery. May you make maiden voyage with new boat in coming weeks.

Have a good and safe Friday everyone . Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8297 on: Mar 31, 2017, 05:53 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....at least now you know what's going on with your arm & time will help  ;)
Eddie....hope the drive wasn't too bad this morning  :o
IFF.....walking away from good food is HARD & staying in good shape gets SO much harder the older we get  :%$#!:

The ground is covered with snow AGAIN this morning  >:(  supposed to have some freezing rain in the mix too, just to keep things interesting  :wacko: Eddie, IW & MW,  I hope your snow totals stay on the low end of the forecast.

Have a good Friday. Stay safe.

Morning MrC  :)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8298 on: Mar 31, 2017, 08:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            I'm reporting from Evanston Ill. my brother was up here getting his house here ready to put on the market and he took
                  a fall backwards down the stairs and is in the hospital. He injured his spine and the Dr.'s operated on him a week ago Thursday
                  and again last Saturday. His daughter and son were here but had to leave. I drove out leaving Wednesday night and got here
                  yesterday around  noon yesterday, then stayed at the hospital till 6:30 last night. A very long day with being up at 4 am on
                  Wednesday and fishing then leaving! I'm sure we.ve all been there doing what we have to for family.
                           Now on the home front MW had to go to the ER last night he was throwing up, had stomach cramps, his wife thinks it
                  was food poisoning. He spent the night at the hospital! Now with 15"+ forecasted, he's in a predicament. I wish I was home
                  to help out! Hopefully this morning he's better but he will be weak from the illness!
                          I'm sorry for all the bad news but it's life and we will prevail we are a strong family!
                          Good luck to all that will be effected by this late March storm, what crazy weather we've all been having!
                          Steve.....We can get out on some of smaller lakes well into April, and that depends on the winter, some of my go to
                 spots have access points that don't get a lot of sun so the shoreline last a while. Where we were Wednesday had 10" of
                 mixed ice, at the shore a little less, that lake had open shoreline the 1st week of March! ???
                          Marv......I had sort of the same problem except it was my blood sugar. I had just eaten and I got back to the office
                 and the secretary said to go now for the DOT physical, I should have known better, well anyways they did the blood sugar
                 test and it over their limits so they gave it to me for 1 year. I let my CDL go when I retired maybe a bad move but I couldn't
                 justify paying all the money and not planning to use it. In NY it was $120 for the physical! :%$#!:
                          Eddie..... Have a safe ride home this afternoon! You posted early so you must have an early start this am!
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8299 on: Mar 31, 2017, 09:32 AM »
IW....so sorry to hear of all the problems hitting your family  :'(  wishing your brother a full & speedy recovery. Thoughts & prayers sent to you & yours.

MW.....sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you are on the road to recovery this morning. Wish we lived closer & could lend you a hand with snow removal.

Take care and stay safe.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8300 on: Mar 31, 2017, 10:56 AM »
IW I would lend you a hand as I am about an hour northwest from Evanston. But am in Michigan again doing two weeks on another project. Hope all goes well for Brother and the work at hand.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8301 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:50 PM »

Thank you WW and UFCreel for the good thoughts and offers!  :bow:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8302 on: Mar 31, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Gee IW. So sorry to hear about your brother and MW. I sure hope everything turns out well :thumbsup:

Just know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8303 on: Mar 31, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Afternoon everyone! Got home from the hospital a little while ago. Yesterday morning shortly after I posted all the sudden I was hit with what I thought was the beginning of a stomach bug,by noon I was feeling pretty good so I ate some toast...it all went down hill from there very rapidly. I could not catch my breath also my limbs all cramped up to the point I couldn't hold anything with my hands i couldn't walk,I kept up on fluids and trying to choke down more toast,by 4 pm I was in terrible shape and vomited up blood,at that point I became very worried wife insistead on going to urgent care or ER she wanted to go when the breathing trouble started I thought the symptoms would pass on there own....I'm a bit stubborn. So we arrived at urgent care and my condition had really worsened I was in some severe pain,urgent care suggested blood work etc and recommended we go to the ER. I was rushed rite in due to my condition. The doctors were great they drew a bunch of blood for tests got me hooked to an IV they found my blood work a mess my blood was completely depleted of potassium, magnessium,sulfates etc. Through the IV they gave me a pain killer similar to morphine and started with pills,shots, and IV shots to try to normalize my blood. I had a ct scan.other than the pain subsiding my condition didn't change so they admitted me. They found I either had a form of food poison or a severe GI illness. They pumped up with IV they were pumping the IV into me within a half an hour per bag I ended up with 8 IV bags in all plus meds. This morning when I woke I was extremely hungry and felt 1000 times better but still not great my blood work came back good and they discharged me at 2pm I have some meds I have to take and have to do a follow up appointment at my primary care physician.I am still a bit sore in my back and stomach but nothing like yesterday. On a lighter note this big snowstorm isn't what they originally thought and has been down graded in our area I have a couple fellas covering g the route so I can rest. I haven't read through the past posts yet will catch up later or tmrw. Have a great day all

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8304 on: Mar 31, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Wow! Sorry so long winded! Lol

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8305 on: Mar 31, 2017, 03:59 PM »
Glad to hear you are feeling better MW :thumbsup:
Nobody needs that crap, take care Sir!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8306 on: Mar 31, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Hope all the bugs get sent packing. MW.  Had a bout of that not long ago, not fun.

Happened again this morning, Guys are just pulling back in from a road test,  And of course, they since I am a buyer....you guess it.  That tripped their trigger.

May get a look at one, that is making a 3 hr trip to Denver, his mother is in a hospital.  Will see if it fits the bill.  :unsure:
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8307 on: Mar 31, 2017, 05:17 PM »
MW....glad you're doing better & the storm hasn't been too bad  ;)  get plenty of rest & drink lots of fluids  ;D  hope your PC gives you a clean bill of health  :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8308 on: Apr 01, 2017, 04:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to April..... ;D
 31* on the Hill this am, high of 37 predicted with 1-3" of the white stuff possible throughout the day. We stayed on the low end of yesterday's predicted snowfall, guessing maybe a total of 4" of snow. The temps increased enough to turn most of the precip. into rain/sleet during the day which was welcomed. Looks like about 2" of fresh snow fell overnight when I let my dogs out a few minutes ago...not too bad.
  Jeff...thoughts and prayers going out to your brother, awful sorry to read that...best wishes on a speedy recovery to him. You must have been exhausted after that road trip..hope you got a chance to get some rest in.
  MW...glad to read you're coming around from your stomach problems, scarey stuff!! Hope you're feeling better today and the boys got your plowing route done without any problems. How much snow did you wind up getting?
  Bud...that sucks about the truck again! Hope that other truck works out for you.... :thumbsup:
  Wally...the crew weren't too bad yesterday on the razzing, just a few pokes here and there, surprised me!   ;D
  I-45...glad the EMG results came back good, hope they can help you out on the arthritis issue now.

Going to take a pass on the opening day of trout fishing today...at least this am anyway, lol. Checked a few spots on my way home yesterday and they were super high and rising by the minute. That coupled with a raw day to boot, I'll find some other ways to be an April Fool today..... :whistle:
 Picked up another phone yesterday, so guess I should get that activated..will keep an eye on here to see how everyone's doing today!
  Cawfee's on....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8309 on: Apr 01, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello as I get set to head out the door.

Hope you are feeling better MW :thumbsup:

Hope we get an update on IW's brother, fingers crossed he is showing progress  :thumbsup:

Yesterday I started a big job for the Sister in law. She has 4 bigger oaks that contracted Oak Wilt last year. We knocked them down, chipped all the brush and cut them up. This morning I am going to bring my splitter up there and split and haul all the wood home. I should end up with 5 cord replacing everything I burnt this past winter and putting my wood supply back to 18 cords, enough for 3 seasons.

Hope you all have a good Saturday! Stay safe!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.