Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616218 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8190 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Thanks MW
1/3 done, poop I tell ya.
My next card looks really good, 10 minute break.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8191 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Well I confirmed the motor in my pickup is for me beyond repair, no compression across all 4 cylinders. pulled the rocker cover and timing chain is OK, valves must be warped.   A rebuild at 2,300 to 2,700.  Time to go back to checking what might be available in my price range. Bro is going to check on pickups in a public auction near him.
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8192 on: Mar 21, 2017, 08:05 PM »
Evening, Gang

The day started with cloud cover which burned off by 1 o'clock, temps. got to the 50's, no breeze to speak of, tomorrow will be the 'flip side' of the 'coin'

My back felt better after a good night's sleep, thank you, just been a while since doing anything strenuous like that, with the cold snap coming, staying home tomorrow (Wed.)
     supposed to be windy and bitterly cold, Thursday to finish up

W.S. - Losing a saw is never a good thing - Good Luck @ bingo

I.W. - Beautiful looking fish

M.W. - Hope you can catch the 'chicken thief'

45 - How is the shoulder doing?

Mason - Did you get the 'gremlin'?

Clean - Slow and easy gets the job done, too

H2L - Any thing special for a boat?

I.F.F. - How many miles on the truck ?

Yoopergirl - Don't you like us anymore?

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Limits & Records - Get Well Soon - Happy Birthday
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8193 on: Mar 21, 2017, 08:10 PM »
Sorry to hear that Bud, hope you can come up with a replacement.

Last time out at the bingo hall. This sucks :cookoo:
I have one more packet and another Miller, so who knows ???
         WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8194 on: Mar 21, 2017, 09:07 PM »
Man, that bit the big one. Time to head home. Nobody won :%$#!:
          WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8195 on: Mar 22, 2017, 03:45 AM »
Good Morning Gang,
  Happy Hump Day!!   ;D
  Windy and 29* this am, that will be the high today as well..single digits by tomorrow morning again, lol. You're absolutely right Wally, winter doesn't want to give up yet!
  Marv...sorry to read you and the ladies didn't have a big payoff last night, but hope you all had an enjoyable evening trying anyway. Haven't had a Miller in a long time...I remember the Miller 8 packs were pretty popular back in the high school days, not that I ever had them... ;D
  Capt...glad your back is feeling better, good idea finishing up tomorrow. The " Gremlin " is still on the loose....
  Bud..that sucks about the motor! Hope you can find something reasonably priced to fit your needs.
  MW..hope you find that mink hiding in steel jaws this morning, persistent little buggers! The chicks sound like they're growing well...pretty cool seeing them in transition....my oldest son raised a few years back. No immediate plans for the GirlScout cookie side job yet,  :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...any more trips planned? Looks like the ice will be hanging around for a bit with this weather coming. Just read a report on Schroon Lake....half tempted to try one more time for lakers.

Leaving the job yesterday, came upon an accident that had city traffic tied up like knot. A tour bus cut a corner a little too sharp and ripped the bumper right off a car sitting at the traffic light....Doh! Pretty bad section of the City, and of course a crowd of people in that area gathered...so glad I wasn't driving that bus, yikes! Albanys finest arrived just as I made way through, so hopefully that simmered things down....appeared to be a lot of screaming going on.... :%$#!:
  Back to the terrazzo this am, understand there will be a large group heading to the Capitol today for something, should be an interesting day!
  Cawfee's on...lots of fresh muffins under the dome....help yourself!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8196 on: Mar 22, 2017, 04:07 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

What a fun night. We had cake and ice cream after the Bingo games and the night ended up being fairly late for us.  I told the Sister in law about the Birthday wishes from those of you that gave them and the look on her face was priceless. She said to make sure and give you all a Big Thanks. She had 3 of her work ladies come for the games so I was pretty well outnumbered, but didn't mind ;D.

Eddie, the Bingo was a charity for disabled kids, so even though I was grunting about it, it was all in jest and we had a fun time. That's what I had last night, an 8 pack :roflmao: :roflmao:

MW my saw is an old Stihl 036, 3.75 cu in. I think I can pump new air into it for very little money. My brother in law is into racing saws and actually has parts and the tools to patch it up. He was going to dig into it last night so I will find out more today. He has a ported Husky 562 that rips pretty good and was all for selling me it because he has 3. I told him first we will try and fix the old one.

I hope you all have an excellent Hump Day! :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8197 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:14 AM »
Mornin!!! So yesterday was a real.slacker day the highlight was a nap and new ring tone I found for my phone,here's a link to the tone if ud like to give it a listen
https://youtu.be/coteqIE0Y5s
love this song my wife thinks I have finally lost it though and laughs every time she hears the tune. 1 of my customers called before the blizzard ladt week asked me not to plow as he didn't think he would be coming to his vacation home till late spring,well that changed he's coming up tmrw so I have to try to plow his driveway, then gonna fill couple wood orders that came in yesterday.

WS glad u had a good time at bingo last nite.sounds like u had a nice entourage anyway, miller that stuff is nectar of the gods. Hope ur BIL can get ur saw going again,those husky 562's are great saws my logger buddy uses 562, swears by them

Eddie no mink yet haven't seen him since I set the trap,something tells me he will be back around.glad u weren't caught up in the accident.

IFF sorry to.hear ur truck is beyond repair

Capt glad the back is feeling better

Hope every 1 has a great day

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8198 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:26 AM »

Good morning Eddie,  Marv, ER's
                        It's 12* and very windy here on my hill, like everyone else has said, winter doesn't want to give up.
                        Eddie.......Happy Hump day sir! ;) :woot: Have fun with the terrazzo.  ::) Accidents in Albany are never
                 a good thing, a lot of the streets are too narrow! :cookoo: A fiend of Jon and me told us that MDB, LG has 3"
                 of ice and no snow, with the temps going to near 0* tonight we might try to get in one more trip for Salmon
                 in front of West Brook! Good luck if you're headed to Schroon on Saturday! PM me if you are going to go
                 Maybe I'll meet up with you if that's OK! ???
                        Marv.....I'm glad that you and the girls had a good time even if you didn't win, sounds like it was for a
                 good cause! :clap: I had a Stihl 042 that had a scored cylinder and a friend of mine said he could fix it, when
                 I got it back it was a cutting machine, I can't tell you exactly what he did because it was 20years ago and some
                 things I can't remember! ???

Capt.....I'm glad your back feels better! :thumbsup:
                        Bud......I'm sorry to read about your truck, look around, there has to be a good deal somewhere! :flex:
                       I hope everyone has A good Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8199 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Morning all,
WS....glad you had a good time last nite despite not winning, cake & ice cream can make any nite better  ;)2
Eddie.... hope the group touring is a friendly bunch  :woot:  not angry protesters  :nono:
MW.....good luck with the plow job today, hope the snow isn't packed down rock solid  :(
IFF....sorry the truck is beyond repair  :'(   hope you find something decent as a replacement
Capt....cold & windy here too, but at least the sun is shining  ;)
IW.....these couple of cold days & nites should work to give you another chance to hit the hard water  :thumbsup: sure wish we had this back in January & February  :(
Have a good day whatever's going on. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8200 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Good Morning all. Made the trip out to look at the boat. New 2016 Lund 1625 Fury. (16'3") Mercury 50 hp with Big Tiller handle. Adding a Humminbird Helix 7. IT IS MINE!!!! My old boat (18') was just getting too much for me to handle by myself. Putting it away was becoming WORK. Plus it is 16 years old....lol. Will pick it up next month.

Going to be cold the next day or so but 'ole Mr. Sun' has done a good job on the snow we got last week.

Have to go see a couple guys, to see if they want to buy a boat with a BAD walleye smell in it....Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8201 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:52 AM »
IW I think that saw rebuild was alot longer than 20 years ago prolly more like 30 or 40 years ago lol not trying to show ur age lol

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8202 on: Mar 22, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Good morning early risers. Mr. Turkey hope the adjustments to your Cpap machine gave you a better nights sleep.
Capt. Jim glad your back is feeling better.
Hunts2long congratulations on the new boat.
Wallyworld  the snowshoes I own also preform poorly in deep powdery snow.
Eddie how did things go at the dentist? happy to read you were not involved with the accident only had to deal with traffic problems from it. Does your granddaughter get any prize if she sells the most boxes of cookies among the girls in her troop.
IFF all the best with search for new truck.
Mealworm the Sun is doing a good job at melting snow cover in my area. May you catch the mink before you loose any chicks.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on the crappies.
Whopper Stopper belated birthday greeting to your SIL . Hope your brother in law can repair your chain saw. If your pants are going to blow out best place for it to happen is at home .
A good "Hump Day" to everyone
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8203 on: Mar 22, 2017, 07:59 AM »
Good Morning All,

Capt, Reason I hated to give up on it was, only about 3,000 miles on rebuilt motor and trans, had put in a new windshield and new tires on it last year.

Good news is a Niece has a Suburban that she is willing to sell, Says she just had everything that needed any kind of upkeep/repairs done on it, and will get something smaller for herself.  With, something like that I can retire the blazer.  If not that they will check on their local auction for a good deal.  Either way may have to get a one way plane ticket  ;D  Expecting to see pictures of it sometime today.

Sounds like a fun night out Marv.  :thumbsup: beats sitting home listening to snow melt.

h2l  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the great boat
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8204 on: Mar 22, 2017, 08:25 AM »
WS the wife is a bingo goer. Spends almost every Friday and Saturday night at the local VFW post not only playing but helping them out with things. She and one of her friends had put on a Craft Bazar at our lake for a few years to support the lake assn. Since they could not get any help putting it on they quit that. They now are going to put one on at the VFW to help the club out.

I had a Husky 55 that lost power. Instead of having it rebuilt, I bought a 55 Rancher. What a difference between two same size saws. The Rancher throws woodchips as the chain is way more aggressive. We were at a new restaurant eating last night when a logging truck pulled in. I have not seen a load of logs like that in years. Huge maple that a lot of it is probably veneer. I talked to the driver. He  is using a relatives trucking company's property 80 miles away to load his truck from because of frost laws.

As far as the BI-PAP goes my ability to sleep with it has improved slightly but I switched to my old CPAP half way through the night. I will try and contact some one to get the top pressure turned down. They can do it out of THE CLOUD which I do not like as I feel it invades my privacy. The wife was told she was to see her Doctor yesterday that had canceled on her a while back. When she checked in she was told that the Doctor was not in and had to see PA. She was there to see the Doc not a PA though he was great. While I was going to get the car, she tore the check in/out staff a new one about how the place was run.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8205 on: Mar 22, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Happy Hump day everyone,  going to be a cold one with high winds today. Arm is still numb. Hoping tests next week will give us answers. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8206 on: Mar 23, 2017, 03:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
 Clear and 9* this am, wind chill of -3 lol, high of 34 today they say. Sure has been a crazy season...
 I-45...fingers crossed that the tests will show what the problem is, hope today is a good day for you!   :thumbsup:
 Tom..two thumbs up for your wife helping out the VFW Post and speaking her mind to the staff...good luck with your BI-PAP.
 Bud...hope the Suburban deal works out for you, nice ride!
 Steve...dentist appt. went ok, but some work coming up I'm not fond of. Honestly don't know if my granddaughter will receive any prizes for the cookie sales, but I'll find out about that. Pretty sure they receive some type of patch/award for their uniform.
 H2...Congratulations on the new boat, sounds like a nice fishing machine! Hope the sale of your old one went well yesterday.    :thumbsup:
 Wally...we never did get to see who was at the Capitol yesterday, they moved us out of there to a new location now in what is called The Concourse. The Farmers Market was set up again inside there yesterday..that was nice!
  Jeff...not certain what's in the plans for the weekend yet, but if I can squeeze a trip in North, will most denfinetly let you know! Best of luck to you and Jon if you're going after the LL's today. It's amazing Lake George is making ice again end of March!  Be safe out there... :thumbsup:
 MW...he'll of a ring tone...you'd fit right in with my crew, lol! Hope that driveway job went well for you.
 Marv...hope the charity bingo games raised some good $, excellent cause! Any word on the saw yesterday?

Pretty routine day for us yesterday, not much to report. Must say, its been nice working all winter inside again especially on days like yesterday and today.  Rumor has it we may be starting at 4am again tomorrow to demo out another area, nice early quit on Friday...sounds good to me!
  Took a ride by the trout streams yesterday and they were mostly open and running decent...the upcoming weather we're expecting will probably have them up over there banks before the April 1st opener though with all the snow we have yet.
  Thoughts and prayers going out those poor victims of the terrorist attack yesterday in London...so sad.
  That's about it on my end, cawfee's on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8207 on: Mar 23, 2017, 04:27 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The radar looks like the rain will move in at by mid day, with a high of around 40. I have another small side job to work on this morning so that should work out. I met with the boss yesterday and it appears like I will have about 2 weeks yet before he wants me to come in. Right now it is largely dependent on road restrictions getting lifted so we can get the trucks into some of the neighborhoods. Some changes coming for me this year still a couple of details to figure out.

I talked to the brother in law, and while he didn’t go into detail, he said my saw is up and running. I asked him how much money and he said he has a tree for me to do. I’m not sure if I am getting a good deal or not ??? I reminded him that I helped raise him (I always say that ;D) and he said “yeah, almost 30 years ago” Could be, time flies! :roflmao:

I sure hope you will get some answers on your arm next week 45, that’s got to be hard putting up with the numbness.

Tom, I don’t think I would ever get the bingo fever and want to play regular. My sister and her husband play weekly and he even calls the games once in a while. In their case they seem to win fairly often, I suppose it’s like pull tabs and regular gambling in that you will never win if you don’t play.

Dang Bud a Suburban is a down right flash ride, kind of a chick magnet ;D. Hope you post a picture of it along the way.

Mr.clean, you are right about an at home blow out. It makes for a long day walking backwards around peoples lawns when it happens in the jungle. It probably shouldn’t matter when I have to see young people on the sidewalks with the old “plumbers crack” showing, I just wasn’t brought up that way I guess. ;D

Hope you have a good day in the new location Eddie! :thumbsup: A change of scenery may be nice.

The Ring tone is catchy MW :thumbsup: I remember square dancing to that.

Good luck if making it back out IW! How is your wife doing?

I am going to run my wife to the bus stop this morning so I best get some coffee.

X2 on Eddies comments on the victims of the terrorist attack yesterday in London. Very sad.

Take care everyone! Enjoy the day :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8208 on: Mar 23, 2017, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's -1* and little wind here on my hill, yesterdays wind cut the cold right through a person! >:( Even as cold
                as it was the sun being as high as it is some snow still melted.
                       Eddie......I'm glad you get to work inside in that kind of weather the last two days, t would have been brutal
                working outside! An early start will get you an early finish! :clap:
                       I-45......Good luck with you test, I hope they can find the problem right away so they can cure the numbness! :flex:
                       Bud.......That Suburban sounds like a good choice! :thumbsup:
                       MW........Isn't that the way, people change their mind on something like snowplowing that makes it hard on your
                equipment. :%$#!:
                       H2L.......Sounds like a sweet boat you are getting, I'm jealous! :flex:
                       Jon and I have decided not to push it on Lake George, I went down yesterday and the ice had those dark spots
                that you don't want to see. With the sun as high as it is it makes the ice rotten. I went through once this year I don't
                want to do it again! :o
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday, payday for most, either at work or at play!
                       I see Marv has posted while I was typing, Good morning sir. I hope the rain holds off so you can get outside to finish
               your tree clean up!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8209 on: Mar 23, 2017, 05:21 AM »
Mornin!! Cool day today 4° currently, perfect temps for running some wood, have a delivery of logs due here any min then it's on to it have 5 cord to deliver today. Been getting some pics of the fellas I used to work with installing a big liner in a pipe,sounds like I am missed over there a few fellas trying to get me to go back to work there......no thanx!!
Plow job went well was a bit tough to plow still a good 18" of snow in the driveway most was melted then refroze with some ice under the snow took about an hour to plow usually takes about 20 min to plow this particular driveway.
Very sad about the terrorists in London thoughts are with the victims

Eddie I love that ring tone and song I'm sure I will get some looks when other folks hear it. It's not looking good here for trout streams fir 4/1 opener still a decent amount of snow though it is melting down pretty good in this March sun

WS glad ur BIL was able to put some life back into the saw I bet the thing will really rip. Hope it's a small tree the BIL needs u to take down

IW think u made a good choice to avoid LG at this point no need to c if ur suit still floats. Yep some customers can really be a PIA this guy isn't to bad plus he always sends us a nice xmas card with some green in it so I don't mind helping him out

IFF that burban sounds like a good rig hope it works out for u

Ice hope u hear some good news on the arm

H2l congrats on the new boat sounds like a fushing machine hope u find someone to buy ur old boat soon

Tom hope everything works out with the sleep machines amazing doctors can adjust the machine through the cloud.I hear u on the invasion of privacy

Clean still no mink haven't seen hide nor hair of him since I put out the trap.if just having the traps out keeps critters away I'm good with that

Think I hear a log truck over in my wood yard better get going have a great day all

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8210 on: Mar 23, 2017, 07:20 AM »
Good Morning ER's sure didnt like the morning news yesterday, out of London.  Got the picture in of the suburban, looks nice, blue, got told it has something like 170K on it, that the doors hang a little heavy, meaning striking the latch hard.  And that its a 1994 with a 350 V8,  Tires are 16", and could mean another $300-400.  Hum might not want to retire the 2001 blazer. Checked on one way plane ticket, $64, if going beyond 2 weeks, over $300 if going sooner.  Beginning to sound like it might be one they picked up at auction, to fix up.  Sigh, what to do, what to do. lol.  Know I cant go before Sunday, so would miss the auction if, one of those pickup, would be a better choice.

Sounds like I have been living somewhere south, being how warm its been, heard mentioned on the TV that temps for March have been on average 20* warmer than usual.  That is about to change this afternoon, winds return,  back down to freezing temp with chance of Snow.  That would help the dry conditions, but for now always a threat of fires.

Sounds like Good choice on staying off the Lake George ice Jeff.  if taking a "dip" a hot tub would be my choice  ;D

Have a good day all.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8211 on: Mar 23, 2017, 07:44 AM »
IFF I know how hard it is to find a used vehicle that has not been ridden hard and put away wet. The boss had to have the piece of @##$%^^ Explorer we are getting nickeled and dimed to death by now. See got spooked when we got hit in the rear quarter panel in our Escape and went spinning across three lanes of roadway and had to have a bigger vehicle.

WS  it sounds like we are going to get your guessed rain this week end. I hope it is not to heavy as I plan on helping a young man find the stakes for his lot. I saw yesterday a small ok tree on his lot had been cut down. The adjoining lot owner has been abusing it for years and actually backing her pontoon boat across it to get it on her lot to store it. I think that it is actually part way on his lot. The winter before last her and another guy harassed the young man while he was ice fishing saying he was not legal on the lake. he was 100% legal. There is not going to be pleasant encounter when we find the lot stakes.

What did I miss about the ring tone??? Duhh I found it.

MW   The more I think about it I should have taken a picture of the load of logs the other night. I know I will never see that kind of timber again in my life time. I did see a fire wood processer sitting some where in my travels the last few days. Very rare to see around here. We have had a new saw mill start up north of us this winter. It almost looks like a band saw mill from what I can see from the road. There are a few Amish mills around too.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8212 on: Mar 23, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8213 on: Mar 23, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Afternoon all,

So sad to hear of the attack near London  :'(  thoughts & prayers to the victims.

Beautiful day out, sunny light breeze & mid 30s  :thumbsup: snow is slowly melting  :clap: looks like a warmer but wet weekend ahead  :-\  also some freezing rain/snow mix possible at night. Heading out to MA in the morning to visit the grandkids so hoping for straight rain  ;)

IW....good call, no fish is worth taking a dip for  ;)2
MW...hope the wood delivery goes smoothly  :)
IFF....tough making a decision like that long distance >:(
TT....sounds like the fur is going to fly once the boundaries are confirmed  :%$#!:
WS....enjoy your couple weeks of freedom remaining before heading back to the daily grind :-\  hope the pending changes make the job easier on you not harder  :flex:  x2 on the plumbers crack & underwear showing  ::) :wacko:
Eddie....early in early out on Friday would be nice all summer long  ;D  maybe a thought for the "suggestion box"  ???

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8214 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Good Afternoon Crew, hope your day is winding down, and time to unwind.  See we have a winter advisory for tonight into tomorrow, blizzard warning it is.   Looks like a 100% of something is on its way.  Blower is at the ready  :flex:

Bit the bullet and tripped for a one way plane ticket.  April 4th.  Checking on local listing, and find prices are about equal here and there.  ::) :unsure: At any rate will be nice to be able to visit.  Niece thinks I should stay long enough to get in on some razor clam digging.  She makes a mean chowder  :thumbsup:

Looks like I am the cook tonight, Smoked pork ribs, asparagus, fried taters, salad, and peach cobbler should put me in the mood to watch a good Kansas/Purdue game.

Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8215 on: Mar 23, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Evening, Everybody

Sunny today, temps. got to the high 40's, very light breeze, winter's last gasp for the northern tier NY this weekend but it is just going to be for show, mostly rain

Been busy with estimates, now that people are starting to 'come out from under the covers', if it plays out like this, it will be a good year

Time for shuteye, I'm starting to see 'crosseyed' right about now

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Limits & Records - Happy Birthday - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8216 on: Mar 24, 2017, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
 Welcome to the weekend!  25* and fairly calm this am, 44 for a high today. Guessers are calling for a wintry mix to start falling right around mid morning. Looks like a wet weekend coming.
  Capt..glad to read your phone is ringing again with jobs, tis the season again! Good luck with the estimates Sir!
  Bud..where is your niece located? See the Jayhawks put on a show last night...nice way to enjoy that fine meal you prepared!   :clap:
  Wally...best wishes on a safe trip today, hope the roads are clear and problem free...enjoy your visit with the grandchildren!
  MW...glad you got the driveway cleared, 18" of refrozen snow must have played hard on the equipment, PITA to boot. Sounds like the wood processor is going to be running for awhile!
  Jeff...glad you and Jon passed on LG yesterday as well, not worth the risk right now. This weekend doesn't look good for me traveling North, looks like the ice gear will be staying stored until next season.
  Marv...enjoy the 2 weeks left before the season starts up again! Hope things go your way with the Boss... :thumbsup:

Our 4am start got shot down late yesterday afternoon, so no early quit today. There were a couple of  grade school choirs set up and singing their hearts out yesterday just before lunch near our area yesterday...what a beautiful sound it was  echoing through the halls...amazing voices, enjoyed that!
  I haven't seen very many deer on my ride in lately, probably due to the weather, but have a good feeling they will be out in force this am....camera will be ready!
  Guess I should get things ready for my last 8 hours of this shift....cawfee's on, who wants cinnamon buns?   ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8217 on: Mar 24, 2017, 03:43 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 18* here on my hill with no wind, that's a good thing! ;D
                     Eddie...... I don't know if you were looking forward to an early start but it would have been nice to get a little
             extra time for the weekend! :whistle:
                     Capt.....I'm glad to hear that the job inquires are coming in. :flex:
                     Wally.....I hope you get to your destination before the snow starts!
                     Marv......I'm glad your talk with the boss turned out well for you! :clap: :thumbsup:
                     Well I got a call from Jon last night, it appears there was a guy on the web cam at Halls Marina out on the ice,
             sooooo I guess we are going to give it a try this morning until the snow comes, we are bent on getting one last trip
             for Salmon! :flex:
                     I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing, maybe just playing!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8218 on: Mar 24, 2017, 03:48 AM »
Morning Jeff,
  Well, remember what I said about not worth the risk....the flip side is no reward... ;D. Good luck out there, be safe...hope the LL's cooperate!    :thumbsup:

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8219 on: Mar 24, 2017, 04:42 AM »
Morning eddie, wanderer. Mornin er's! So yesterday I was only able to get 2 cords deliverd before my wood yard started to get greasy,that high March sun really gets things melty no matter how cold it is. Will finish the other 2 cord I have to deliver this AM before the wood yard gets greasy again.

IW i saw some guys jumping off a bridge maybe we should try it too lol jk,sorry that ice sketches me out,hope the fish are hungry for u guys be safe out there spud! spud! spud!

Eddie I am getting caught up on wood orders for now, not sure how much longer I will be able to run with the weather,at least till things dry out.hope these last 8 hrs fly by for u , also hoping this wintery mix dosent add up to to much.

WW safe travels today hope u have a great time with the grandchildren

Capt hope u get all the jobs ur giving estimates on nice to have a back log of work

IFF that's crazy 81° now thete talking snow gor u,talk about a seesaw. That supper sounds like great how'd Kansas do?

Tom idk y but it amazes me how big some timber can get really neat.what's even more amazing is the equipment that handles the wood.my processor does a great job but can only take logs 18" diameter. My wish list machine,hopefully the next processor can take up to 48" diameter logs and puts out 15 full cord per hour......a guy can dream can't he lol

Clean how's the snow removal coming hopefully u get some rain with this system coming and it helps wash some of the snow away for u

Hope every 1 has a safe and great friday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.