Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614533 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #6870 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:56 PM »
Good Evening Everyone :bow:

I know what you mean about drivers never learning Tom, things are no different here. Thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims. We are going to have our first round of snow around Saturday which is always better on a weekend than during the work week as far as crashes go. I also use a leaf blower to clear our vehicles. If you ever need a friend on "Redneck Island" keep me in mind ;D

My season came to an end today after a grueling Spring, Summer and Fall. I was invited to come in next week for a couple of days, but my body said no thanks. The guys all wished be a good winter and of all people the bosses son said he was going to miss me, crazy kid :cookoo:

Tomorrow is going to be changing line on rods, digging in the tackle box, and checking out my old spear house. All the things I have been too busy to do. But for tonight, it's sitting by the fire, enjoying some chatter, and having a toast or two.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6871 on: Dec 08, 2016, 07:37 PM »
Marv, you chatter with the sheds ?  I too use a leaf blower, on the deck.  If its fluffy it creates a blizzard  ;D    One more trip out side to get the trash to the curb
for the mornings removal.  Will spool the new Black Betty 6061 with the Gliss 8# and a trip to the lake in the morning to measure the ice.  Not with the redneck method though. ::)
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6872 on: Dec 09, 2016, 03:30 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
25* and light snow falling, high of 27 expected here today....nice!  :clap:
Bud..good luck with the new line, never used Gliss, looking forward to your review and the ice thickness report.
Marv...beautiful picture!  :thumbsup:  Congratulations on ending your season, enjoy your time off Sir!  Any plans on a fishing vacation this year?
Wally...my back is doing much better, thank you for asking. I've been being very careful with heavy lifting etc., know my limitations. Hope all that snow doesn't interfere with Mr.Wally's hunting...we're still pulling for him!   :thumbsup:
MW/Jeff...hope the pigs go well for you guys today. Best of luck to Mrs.MW on her black powder hunt, hope today is the day!   :thumbsup:
Mr.Ninja....best of luck with your hunting tomorrow, hope you get a little snow!

It's great hearing a lot of reports on ice forming, it's been a long wait for many of us! Please keep safety in mind if your heading out to check or fish...best wishes to everyone on a successful season!!   :thumbsup:
Passing by one of my local lakes last evening it was about 80% skimmed over, gets the blood pumping for sure.
I'm thinking about taking a nooner today and going to the woods for the afternoon. It's the last weekend of the regular season and I hope to get a chance at filling a doe tag.
Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!
RIP John Glenn...a true American Legend.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6873 on: Dec 09, 2016, 03:45 AM »
Good Friday morning Eddie, ERs!  WE HAVE SNOW!!! ;D  I'm headed for the deer woods!  Good luck to everyone else trying to fill those tags today!  Better get off my phone and get my arse in gear!  Have a great day everyone!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6874 on: Dec 09, 2016, 05:31 AM »
Morning all!! It's harvest day!!!!!! Killing 4 pigs today IW should be here round 8 to give a hand very excited to remove be coming to an end of taking care of the pigs still have 3 more to do in a few weeks.yesterday was a brutal day in the wood bussiness seemed like anything that could go wrong did had to run for parts after delivering just 1 cord and spending 1.5 hours diagnosing an electrical issue then had to run for parts and make the repair burned up almost half the day still got 3 cords delivered looks like have to finish the other 2 cord Sunday if I'm not plowing snow.
WS enjoy ur well deserved break
Eddie good luck if u make it out into the woods
Deal ninja hope to see pics of a nice buck good luck
IFF hope u find the ice to be safe for fishing
Good luck to all tjose hunting and fishing today also hope the dsy Flys by for all those at work hope every 1 has a great day and a better 1 tmrw

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6875 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:37 AM »
WS A toast or TWO with that glass in the picture. I would be crawling to bed with only one of those glasses full. Nice looking abode.

We still did not get that much snow. Only time will tell if we take the hour+ drive at rush hour to the grand daughters recital. Long drive for 15 minutes of her playing her flute. They got more snow down that way

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6876 on: Dec 09, 2016, 08:42 AM »
Checked the ice barely over an inch, anyone try's walking in it they will be going for a swim, maybe by the 18 and next cold spell, will have enough to stand on.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6877 on: Dec 10, 2016, 03:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                   I couldn't log on yesterday morning, I had some computer issues, seems to be OK today. ???
                   Well yesterday MW and I slaughtered 4 of his pigs, we got them done and delivered to his partners house
            for butchering today, they will be busy today. There is a story that goes with yesterdays work, but I'll let MW
            tell it, after all it's his pigs!
                   Thursday, the Mrs. and I went out to hunt for a tree, and we were successful, we got a somewhat decent one!
                   Marv.......It's about time you said NO....You deserve the time off.....Enjoy! :icefish:
                   Bud.......Give the ice another week and it will be safe.
                   5 to 8 inches of snow is forecasted for Monday, that will keep MW and his wife busy!
                   I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6878 on: Dec 10, 2016, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
11* with just a slight wind on the Hill, high of 26 expected today....making ice!
Jeff...wtg helping out MW yesterday, looking forward to the story! Christmas tree on the list today here as well, nothing quite like the smell of a fresh tree in the house.
Tom...hope the weather was decent if you made the trip to the recital last night.

Took off at noon yesterday and got an afternoon stand in over looking a pipe line area. Winds were strong out of the NNW which worked well for my spot, but nothing showed....got to be in it to win it, right?
Leaving shortly for another try there again this am.,hoping they'll be moving today.
Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6879 on: Dec 10, 2016, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning IW, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck in the stand Eddie! Today is the day Sir! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you had a busy day IW. Are you done now with the hunting or is the season still going? Hope the snow doesn't pound you guys too bad.

We are also getting ready for a shot at some snow and then some good ice making weather. I think through Monday they are guessing 4" but then next week the temps drop and the lows will be around -10 too -15 with the winds returning. We should have some decent ice by next weekend if the snow doesn't screw things up.

Eddie you asked about plans with my time off. This year I don't have any set trips. I got tired of the weather screwing me up the last couple of years so I am just going to see what happens. When the time is right I will head north a couple of times for some 2-3 day trips, otherwise I will be in the old spear house fishing locally. When all else fails I have the garage which I love spending time  fabricating things for the hunting stands and out at the shack. I plan to keep busy doing as many non tree things as possible ;D

Good luck to all no matter what's on the agenda! WW Things are looking good for you! :clap: :clap:

Good Morning mealworm! I see you are in the hallway!  :thumbsup: Good luck with the up coming snow plowing Sir!  :thumbsup: Iknow the plowers around here are looking forward to some extra cash.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6880 on: Dec 10, 2016, 05:18 AM »
Morning Eddie, Marv, 24* then up to 57* Not good for ice.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6881 on: Dec 10, 2016, 05:22 AM »
Good morning Ice Wander,Eddie and early risers. Finally got my SUV back stopped by garage on Wednesday told congratulations passed inspection but vehicle needs a new muffler and some other exhaust system work . I was hoping to get majority of Christmas shopping done this week. When you work in retail don't need to be in stores/malls as Christmas gets closer. Also calling for snow on Sunday into Monday for my part of NYS hopefully will not be to bad supposed to visit dentist on Monday and have root canal finished.
Ice Wanderer does Mealworm start with a new group of piglets each spring ? Glad the Christmas tree hunting went well for you. Looking forward to MW's story about the pigs.
Eddie good luck out in the woods today. May you and the wife find a nice tree.
Whopper Stopper nice photo enjoy your time off from work.
Mr.Turkey hope you were able to make it to granddaughter's recital. I think people everywhere for get how to drive in winter from one year until the next.
Deal Ninja best to you also out in the woods today.
IFF may that be the last of the rats. Sounds like you are already putting the Striker suit to work .
Wallyworld best to your husband if he is heading to the woods today. Hope you are dug out from the latest "Lake Effect " storm system.

I wonder how smoker Mindy was building turned out and if any of recently butchered hog has been smoked.

Have a safe and good Saturday everyone. Best to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6882 on: Dec 10, 2016, 07:52 AM »
We made the trip to the recital yesterday. No snow until about half way then nasty the rest of the way. We took the back roads home to get out of the lake effect snow quicker. Plus not much traffic to contend with.  When we went over the x-way it was at a parking lot.

We were sure glad we went as this was her last performance in her college career. Her pianist backed out at the last minute. She ended up getting a great woman at the last minute but they only got two practices in before last night. She did a duet with her flute instructor which had both of them in smiles when they finished. It turned out fantastic. This young lady had never had any private lessons until college which had every one surprised. 

Her last semester will be interning with a band that the director is retiring in the spring. It sounds like she may have a chance at his job due to her marching band experience in high school.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6883 on: Dec 10, 2016, 10:02 AM »
 ;D ;D checked some local ponds yesterday afternoon and this morning. Didn't drill any holes but I'm guessing it was pretty much 4 in. or so. Going to wait till next weekend and give it a shot. Going to dig out the leafblower afterwhile and clean off the vehicles and the driveway. Put a couple sandbags in the back of the truck this morning so that should help. (lots of hills around here). Have a great day all and those of you going out on first ice, be safe and be careful. ;D :tipup:
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6884 on: Dec 10, 2016, 12:19 PM »
Drilled a hole at the local water hole, was a surprising 3 inch.  My store cancelled all hours for next week, but just means I can work as many as 70 at the store closing one if I want.  Or take advantage of some early ice and see if I can find some hungry Walleyes  ;D

Haven't see anymore rats, but know that doesn't mean I got them all.   Looks like north east is getting its share of snow.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6885 on: Dec 10, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Good afternoon ER's ice here is a go on the first spot see if I stay or go as the storm is coming quickly. Thankgod this spot is froze already as 12 inches may fall and the other lakes havn't capped yet. The Recital news sounded great and the possible position. Time to listen to Take Five again. and again

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6886 on: Dec 10, 2016, 04:40 PM »
Evening all,
Been baking cookies for the past two days for the Kid's Christmas party at the fire house tonite.
[URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/pbridgett1/media/IMG_2181_zpsbdwsosz6.jpg.html][/URL]
Just a sample of the approximate 40 dozen I made.
TT...glad you were able to make the concert & congrats to your grand daughter on a job well done  :thumbsup:
Mr C...only got a couple inches of snow so far, calling for more tomorrow afternoon, maybe 6" or so. Hope you aren't hit too hard either. Best of luck shopping.
WS....all I an say is "woooo hooo" bring on the cold  ;D
IFF....good luck if you head out in search of some hungry eyes....careful on that first ice  @)
Eddie...hope you had some luck in the woods today. Mr WW is heading back to camp tomorrow for a few more days. The end is getting close now  :-\
Have a great Saturday nite & good day tomorrow whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6887 on: Dec 10, 2016, 06:01 PM »
WOW!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6888 on: Dec 10, 2016, 06:43 PM »
Well dang, Guessers now saying rain mid week, the Snow before it gets cold enough to set anymore ice. :'(  might as well kiss that first ice goodbye.  No  :icefish: until after next Saturday.  :wacko: :unsure: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6889 on: Dec 10, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Evening folks been a long day 14 hrs to butcher 4 hogs took about twice as long as my buddies band saw died lots of gand work but all in all it went well got all the meat cut wrapped sausage made and all the meat was deliverd except the bacon and hams they will soak in a brine for 2 weeks then smoke.
As IW said the slaughter went well except 1 little hitch in the giddy up as we were finishing the second pig and getting ready to load the pig into the back of the truck I noticed something running around the yard at first I thought it was a dog.....nope the 5 remaining pigs had broke out  of the pen (totally my fault I didn't properly close the gate)and we're basically free ranging around the yard we actually were able to get 1 pig back in the pen then we got the remains 4 cooped up in my old chicken coop/yard 2 smaller pigs I tied rope around there ankles an d drug them back to the pen we then killed the 2 bigger pigs rite in the coop cause it woulda took a man built outta rod iron to drag them big boys around we lost prolly an hour herding up the pigs glad it's over still have 3 left to take care of in a couple weeks can't wait till it's over.well gonna nap for a bit I'm fried

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6890 on: Dec 10, 2016, 10:34 PM »
I like cookies

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6891 on: Dec 11, 2016, 03:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

Last night was a very somber time at the house. 8:45pm marked 50 years since my Mother, at age 44, was given her wings, forever changing the life of a little 7 year old boy. I lost a large part of my heart that day and in many ways have never gotten over it. Knowing she has been with me every day since has certainly helped. I love you Mom!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6892 on: Dec 11, 2016, 03:56 AM »
Good Morning Marv,
My heart goes to you buddy....My Sincere Condolences.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6893 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:04 AM »
Good morning ERs.  Marv, I now understand the pain of the loss of a parent.  The tremendous sense of loss is overwhelming at times and I'm still crying every time my thoughts turn to my dad.  Condolences. :'(

Wow, pigs and cookies and recitals and...lol.  Takes an hour just to get caught up with everyone! ;D.  Well, deer hunting is over for another year and skunked again. :P  We're just starting to get the storm here in nw PA.  4-8" by tomorrow morning.  Yay  :-\  I guess the snowblower will be getting its first workout of the season tonight or tomorrow am.  Not planning too much today, except to watch my Steelers beat the Bills and cook some corned beef and cabbage for dinner.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday and for everyone getting hit by this snow, be careful if you have to go out.  Mark
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6894 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:48 AM »
Good morning everyone, my condolences Marv. It's hard to losing a parent. My father passed away last year.6 degrees here. I was diagnosed with lyme disease this week and doing a month of antibiotics. Going to do the family Christmas ic ture and get a tree today. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6895 on: Dec 11, 2016, 05:14 AM »
Good morning early risers. I picked up my snow blower from being serviced yesterday . Weather guessers calling for anywhere from 1 to 5 inches depending on forecaster.
Mr.Turkey glad you were able to attend granddaughters recital good luck to her with the internship.
Wallyworld that is a lot of cookies nice job on the different types you decorated. Sure they will be a hit at kids Christmas party.
Deal Ninja sorry you did not harvest a deer this year .
Icefisher-45 all the best battling the Lyme disease. Have a good day tree shopping.
Whopper Stopper losing a parent is hard especially at a young age. Both of my parents passed within the last 8 years still think of them daily especially now that the holiday season is upon us. Take care my friend.
Mealworm thanks for the story ,Get some rest before you have to start plowing customers driveways. Now that the butchering is done enjoy some of the processed meat with your family .

To all venturing out onto first ice be safe. Also the best to everyone still big game hunting. Heading out to get gasoline to make a fresh 2 cycle mix for the snowblower.so I'm ready when the storm arrives later today.

Have a good Sunday folks.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6896 on: Dec 11, 2016, 05:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       Marv, I know your pain, as I lost my mother when I was young, 12 years old and was shipped off to live with my
               aunt and uncle for 6 months in Virginia, while my brother stayed with my father. I could never understand that!
                      So now you've read the story around the pig slaughter on Friday, I'm sure glad I wasn't part of yesterday's
                butchering, without a band saw would be too much.
                      It is 4* here on my hill, ice is in the making! :woot:
                      Not much going on today, my wife and I are going to decorate out tree  and football on the menu!
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6897 on: Dec 11, 2016, 06:06 AM »
Marv....my sincere condolences. Losing a loved one is never easy, especially around the holidays, and at such a young age. Cherish your memories of your Mom & know she's watching over you always. Thoughts & prayers are with you. Take care.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6898 on: Dec 11, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Morning all, man got a great nite sleep but I'm still beat.owell gona take it easy put the plows on the trucks and relax and watch some football hopefully maybe drag a deer out with the wife.....if she scores she feels like today is the day with the cold temps and storm coming it has to be the day as its the ladt day for us

WS my condolences sir very very sorry for ur loss can't imagine how tough that must have been especially at such a young age

Deal ninja u and me just became best friends......
STEELER NATION !!!!! Sorry u didn't get any deer
Eddie good luck if u head out into the woods again
Mr clean good luck with the storm hope u guys don't get to much snow
WW those cookies look amazing can't wait till my mother sends me the cookies and chocolate covered peanut butter balls mmmmmmmmm love xmas cookies
Hope every 1 has a safe and great day

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6899 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:54 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Crappeye Me too, especially chocolate ones.
MW, sounds like you had an adventure, rest well today
Marv, thats a bitter pill at that age.  A big hug heading your way and sincere condolences

awoke to light snow, 34*, got maybe an inch on the deck, was going to put in some hours this morning, that is until i realized its Sunday, Packers game on at 2 something, then reports of big wreck on the interstate, brewed my morning coffee and self told me relax, you can go in tomorrow, after all its game day and will be slow and boring. Plenty of tinkering to do before kickoff  ;D

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.