Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607545 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #4890 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12 AM »
To busy trying to catch up with yard work yesterday to launch the toon. I will try and get it in today. I did not want to deal with all the idiots at the launch yesterday.

Labor Day can not come soon enough!!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4891 on: May 24, 2016, 03:30 AM »
Good Tuesday Morning Everyone! :bow:

Yesterday was very frustrating. I showed up at work 2 hours early like I was supposed to just to find out we were 2 guys short and plans changed. Guess the boss figured I could find something to do for a couple hours while we waited for the Green Horn and one other to show :unsure:

The bosses brother threw his back out and will be laid up for a few days, and his kid was up north taking a tree down for his girlfriend’s dad, when the tree he was in snapped off and he fell 20’. It sounds like he took a limb to his chin on the way down, and sprained both ankles. We only did two jobs and called it a day.

I know what you mean about idiots at the launch Tom. Our area lakes have been taken over by people from the Far East. My Dad always said “if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything”. I guess I will leave it there.

Hope everyone has a safe day whether working or heading to the lake!

WS

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4892 on: May 24, 2016, 04:07 AM »
    Good morning Marv, and to all other ERs !   Foggy on the hill this am, more Dr. visits this afternoon, wife's BP still HIGH.  All have a nice day at work or play.  ::)                                                                           WB

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4893 on: May 24, 2016, 04:14 AM »
Good morning Whopper Stopper and early risers. Sorry to read your crew is short handed Whopper Stopper it would have been nice to receive a phone call before you left your house. The boss's son is a lucky man to not be seriously injured from a twenty foot fall. Mr.Turkey it is sad how many lakes become the last place you want to fish once the Summer weather hits. IFF hope you hold out working sixty plus hours per week. Sounds like folks are taking advantage of the store closing discounts.  Good luck dealing with the raccoon.
 WarBonnett may your wife get some answers as to why her heart rate fell so low while her blood pressure rose to high levels. Morning WarBonnett hope you can find out why your wife's BP is still elevated.

Have a good Tuesday everyone. Best to all fishing today.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4894 on: May 24, 2016, 04:16 AM »
Good Morning Whopper, Wb, Morning Guys,
I'll try this for the 2nd time....not sure where the first one went, lol.
55* this am, high of 70 expected today. It reached 78 here yesterday, planted most of my garden when I got home from work. A friend of mine gave me some mammoth sunflower seeds to try out, never grew them before, so anxious to see if they really can grow to 12'.
Whopper...hope today goes better....sorry to hear about the young man taking a fall....damn! Be safe today Sir!
WB...yes indeed, the warm weather has brought out the summer fashions! Remember the tube shirts? Saw one yesterday.... ;D. Hope the Dr. visit goes well today.
Bud...you racked up a lot of hours! That should be a handsome paycheck...enjoy!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope you can squeeze an evening trip in for the Walters soon.

The sidewalks went in well yesterday, everybody including the apprentice did a good job and things went smoothly. That was encouraging to see as the higher temperatures are slowly creeping in.
Was told yesterday that we are shooting for 1,000 yards total of concrete removal/replacement this season...long way to go!   ;D.  Suppose to increase the size of the crew with 2 more laborers and masons this week...possibly more next week.....see what happens!
Cawfee's on....
Have a great everyone, be safe, good luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4895 on: May 24, 2016, 04:59 AM »

Good morning WS, Steve, WB, Eddie, ER's,
                        WS...That could have been very hurtful the the young guy that fell, do you think he under estimated the
                 tree, that it broke! Have a good day in the jungle!
                        Eddie......That's a lot of concrete to pour, especially for sidewalks! I hope the fashions start coming out,
                 you should take some pictures of some of them, I'm sure they would be better than the Wal-Mart photo's! :woot:
                        Tom......I hope you get your toon in today!
                         WB......I hope they can figure out what's causing the wife's high BP!
                        My wife and I got our garden planted yesterday and I got more wood stacked. This morning I'm on my way to
                 PT at the "VA" today they are going to measure my progress to see if I am making any progress, my shoulder surely
                 doesn't feel any better!
                         I saw that Raqutte was in the house when I got on this morning, he was probably doing some moderating!
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4896 on: May 24, 2016, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning Morning Crew, I just spent 2 hours wondering around in the Facebook thing.  Looks like I/We are not the only ones that get hypnotized by computer  monitors  :o  Got word on way out that a pick order was issued, meaning that $113,000 worth of our fishing department stock will be shipped out to other stores.  I would think it would most likely be the higher end things  ??? Not on the work schedule for today but plan on logging another 8 hrs.  Had a trio in that were up to no good, once one of our crew notice how they were acting, and was ask if we took checks as payment, we all were a little more watchful including a manager following them on camera, sure enough they began loading shopping carts with what turned out to be over 3K in clothing, and one leaving to bring vehicle up close to the door.  the one in the car must have noticed they were being watched and got scared off, and began driving around the building, anyway their plot was spoiled. 

Eddie not much chance of doing evening fishing, would rather be home and check on Mrs, as that seems to be the low B sugar time of the day for her.  And for now might as well cash in on the extra and I guess overtime hours .

Taking a fall from a tree like that, didn't sound good at all.

WB have they ruled out any causes for the high BP ?  guess more test are in order then. hope they get it figured out, the quicker the better.

Think I will do more seeds in the garden this morning too.  Did I mention I see two cherries beginning to form on the new tree ? frost got all the other blooms  :'(

IW, how much you working that shoulder ?  Not over doing it are you ? or not enough ?  My excuse for not doing enough in the way of exercise is I don't want to ware anything out  ;D ::)

Good day all, hope all have a good one.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4897 on: May 24, 2016, 07:03 AM »
IFF
I feel for your wife and her blood sugar problems. I fought my mothers brittle diabetes from the late 50's until she passed in 91. It would go from high to way low in a short time. I am the odd ball diabetic going from a pancreas that quit to one that woke back up. Went from 5 shots a day to totally off every thing to now being on metformin twice a day. My Dr. just shakes his head. The last appointment he sent an intern in first to here my story as he had never seen it happen and wanted her to here what happened with me.

I have never been on FB and never will. I here enough of that stuff from my wife sitting next to me on her puter.

WB
I hope they can get your wife's BP problem figured out. Mine has straightened back out so I am not going to have an argument with my Dr on what to do.

Not sure what will get done today as the boss has a total scope job this afternoon. In stead of launching the toon I put the cover over the deck yesterday. I have one of the 10 x 20  metal framed tarp things on the deck. The frame stays up all year so all I have to do is put the tarp back on the frame. With out it the deck would not be useable in the afternoon.

Eddie Enough of this 1000 yards of this concrete talk. I just had to go take some more Vicodin and turn up my nerve stimulator.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #4898 on: May 24, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Here I am!!!   :whistle: :whistle:  A little covered in sawdust, paint, stain, polyurethane but none the less still alive!!  And, yes, still have been busy with working extra days and OT in the ICU!!

It took me about 30 minutes to catch up on all the pages I missed!  Looks like everyone has been busy!!  And, welcome to new poster, ES!!!  Looks like I'm not the only one who's going to be enjoying a new boat this summer!

Splurged and got a new Lund Rebel 1600 (was shipped from manufacturer today actually!!)  According to the dealer will take "3 or so" days to arrive.  Hoping it is before the 1st so I can get the rebate on my Minn Kota!  They have it at the dealer but in order to get it financed it has to be on the boat invoice.  So if I make a run down and back just for the motor it will be $20 or so in gas.  So is $35 worth it??

Haven't had my canoe out at all fishing.  Pulled the rack off the top of my car because one of the rivnuts pulled out that holds the factory installed rack on.  Might have had my load bars too far apart and the curve of the canoe pulled it loose.  Have to get that back on.  The new sway links installed on my car keep coming loose so it sounds like I'm pulling an empty utility trailer behind me.  Keep going to the shop who replaced them and they put some Lock Tite on them this time.  So far so good, next try will be double nutting them with lock washers!!  Read that is a pretty good fix on a Trailblazer thread.  Went to put something in the back of my car and one of the gas lifts must have petered out so had to replace those as well.

Had a tornado warning and watch today.  Doesn't happen very often for this area!  Guess school southwest of here held the students until the warning was over.  We just got some much needed rain!!   ;D 

Got a good (written) spanking from OS so I promise I'll pop in and keep in touch so noone worries!!   :angel

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #4899 on: May 24, 2016, 10:04 PM »
Good Evening, Everyone - The change in the weather is enough to make all of us scream when the doctors tell us about the changes to our health - I.W., the PT takes time, both of my shoulders were operated on for arthritis, bone spurs in the rotor cups, and ready to snap ligaments and tendons, saw stars for pain, it takes a while - WS, you worked the kid too hard, the only way for him to relax was for him to fall out of a tree - Yoopergirl was sighted, hope all is well - TT, the crazy ones were here this past weekend with the powerboat race, traffic was snarled early, I can vision what the weekend will be like with good weather - early call in the A.M.. everyone be happy, be safe
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4900 on: May 25, 2016, 02:48 AM »
Good Wednesday morning early risers. Welcome back Yoopergirl/Mindy enjoy the new boat may you catch many fish from it ,also may you get all your problems with the trailblazer corrected. Sounds like you are busier then ever between work and home renovation projects. Capt. Jim  the fun is just beginning for your area of NJ.  :whistle: My family and I vacationed in Ocean City ,NJ. for many years . Usually the last week in June even then the traffic at Corson's Inlet boat launch was heavy.  Have a safe Memorial Day weekend. MR.Turkey hope there was no winds while you were putting the tarp back onto the frame.
  IFF/Bud I think your store needs to increase it's loss prevention force . Glad you are getting a couple cherries from your new tree. Ice Wanderer congrats on getting your garden planted may it produce well for you. Hope you got some good news at the VA . Eddie looks like you will be busy for most of the coming Summer . I assume your sons are back building/repairing bridges . There was a story in Monday's newspaper about all the planed road work in my part of NY. .
  I had a busy Tuesday before going to work I made a quick stop at one of the local funeral parlors . One of my younger neighbors died this past Friday only twenty six. The young ladies grandmother also lives on my street. I feel sorry for her only three years ago her son (granddaughter's father died ) after sustaining a serious head injury when he slipped and fell down a flight of stairs.
 Have a safe and good day everyone. Best to all casting a fishing line today.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4901 on: May 25, 2016, 03:15 AM »
Good Wednesday Morning mr.clean! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Nice Boat Yooper :thumbsup: I bet you are excited!

Hope your wife is able to get a handle on the BP WB, We are all keeping her in our thoughts!

I trust your therapy went well IW? What did they say about your progress? Hope the wood is coming along without going overboard on it.

Sorry to hear about your loss mr.clean. I can only imagine what the poor grandmother is going through.

I saw the boss’s son yesterday, he was walking very gingerly. The Dr. gave him a couple of soft casts and told him to stay off his feet for a few days. Unfortunately he is a lot like his dad and doesn’t always follow instructions.
He had climbed up a dead snag that was growing next to a cabin. Just as he got tied in and came down about 25’, the tree snapped off at the stump and he came crashing down. He did tell me that he had a few beers before climbing it so needless to say, Not Smart. He was very lucky but troubles always follow him :whistle:

Time to fire up the Buick. We are removing a large ash today and just have the one job. I hope our main climber had a good night’s rest.

Hope everyone has a safe day whether working or heading to the lake! :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4902 on: May 25, 2016, 03:20 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Steve, Morning Everyone,
Happy Hump Day! 
52* and clear on the Hill this am, high of 82 predicted here today. Weather guessers are predicting high 80's today for the Albany area, work location......Doh!
Marv...have a great day and safe trip to the jungle!
Steve...sorry to read that about the young man and the grand mother....very sad. Hope you have a good today!
I see our nurse has stopped in for a visit.... ;D. Hello Mindy! Congratulations on the new boat, and best wishes on the maiden voyage!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Have you got a name picked out for her yet? If you need a few suggestions, I'm pretty certain the boys here could come up with some creative names....welcome back, glad to hear you're doing good.... :thumbsup:   
Capt....hope the day goes well for you today also Sir!
Bud...another nice piece of detective work by you and the staff, kudos!! Think it's safe to say that the thieves have balls....even if they aren't sporting a pair. That's too bad about the cherry tree...hope the rest of the garden makes up for it.
Jeff...hope yesterday's therapy went well for you.    :thumbsup:

We're starting early again this morning to beat the heat....terra cotta colored stuff again today getting stamped.
Monday we found out that a few electricians would be sharing our shop with us for a period of time for whatever the reason. Apparently, one of them, a big guy about 6'4" named Barry thought he was entitled to or would intimidate the boys to sit anywhere he chose...we all have our own spots. Well, he chose the foremans seat to start with....that didn't fly.....then he cast the shop steward's things to the side and sat there....that raised a few eyebrow's and some blood pressure, not to mention some choice words....that didnt work either. So he asked where his seat was? The foreman pointed to a broken chair stuffed in the corner and said " go try that one".  ;D
Well, later in the day, Barry found himself a beautiful chair someplace and brought it into the shop, he also went way out of his way to make sure he let everyone of us know it was his...game on!   ;D
Yesterday big Barry's chair was modified....it seems someone or perhaps a group of people, tie wired 3' brass drain covers over the arms, duct taped these big coned shape tubes about 8" high or so on the seat, and left a nice note that said...." This is my chair!! There are many like it.....but this one is mine!!  Love, Barry "
Barry has also been dubbed " The Big Bopper " by the boys.... :clap: :roflmao:   He walked into the shop and I only wish I had a camera to capture the moment.... :woot: :roflmao:    Cawfee's on gentlemen..... ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Well, yesterday

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4903 on: May 25, 2016, 04:30 AM »
Good Morning ER's when I first signed on it was one guest, Me and Marv .  Had to back up a page when I noticed the post of a Yoopergirl sighting.  Big congrads Mindy, I am sure your going to fall in love with your "New" Lund  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now I am jealous of your new friend.
Hope the fix works and no more problems with your wheels.

On the work load side of things, I bet I will see a lot of sad faces next few days when so much items are missing on the shelves and displays.  But it does make sense that the company would transfer things out, instead of having to make yet more large purchases from suppliers.  I did grab one of the landing gear stands for my trailer.  I got the smallest one, hope it handles the load.  I got a good chuckle in, yesterday, guy walks up to me, and says "Don't you have lures in this store" he had just walked past the 20 or so double sided 12 feet long display racks of lures.  I just pointed the direction he had just come from, and ask another associate over my radio to please help the "Blind" guy at the lures, as I was busying re-lining some spools. My associate comes over a little puzzled, and I told him  the guy had to be blind.

Good Job finding your cartoon for Eddie there Marv  :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: umm Eddie, now I would have thought the chair would have taken on somewhat of an "Electric Chair" look  ::) :whistle: :blink:

Just got my coffee pot fired up and the TV on to find the National news with so much violence erupting at rallies let alone with the Tornadoes in the midwest. pretty sad  :unsure: and can't help but think its going to get worse  ::)

Think come day light I will have to be doing more tree trimming of the remaining broken limbs from the last heavy snow. I better take a nap before I need a snickers.

hope everyone has an enjoyable hump day......Later
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4904 on: May 25, 2016, 04:48 AM »

Good morning WS, Steve Eddie, ER's,
                          As I was reading Bud popped in Good morning Sir, may thing go better at work!
                          Welcome back Mindy and congrats on the new boat, I've been looking at Lunds for a couple of years and
                   just can't find it in my budget, too many other things get in the way! You've made a good choice, I hope you
                   have many enjoyable trips on it. :thumbsup:
                          My PT didn't go as well as I expected, first she didn't evaluate my progress as she stated last week, she said
                   next week! :%$#!: Then she had me do a new exercise that left me hurting a little, she still wants my doctor to
                   order a nerve damage study? And I have to ask him, I don't know why she can't contact him to recommend that? ???
                          Eddie.....Oh the work place pranks, they can get pretty funny, but also sometimes payback is a b***h! ::)
                          WS.....I thought that the bosses son had a few when you first told the story of him falling! He's lucky that he
                  only sprained his ankles! :blink:
                          I hope everyone has a good  Hump Day either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4905 on: May 25, 2016, 08:09 AM »
      Good late morning to all ERs on board !  :thumbsup:  I'm glad to see Mindy has popped in with GOOD NEWS of her  new TOY, lots of OT in ICU will on the cost ! ;D  As the old saying goes, two happy days in a boat owner's life, the day they buy it and the day you sell it ! Mindy, I hope yours are many years apart !  ::)   Wife's and my Dr. visits went well yesterday, she goes back next week, me, three months. Eddie, may the cement stamping go well and short shorts, short skirts, long legs and tube tops be many !  :woot:  Some pranks are OK too.  Good day to all at work or play today ! :thumbsup:                                                         WB

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4906 on: May 25, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Good afternoon ER's  hope everyone enjoys the upcoming holiday weekend. Eddie good prank on the big guy. Mindy congrats on the NEW Lund and keeps you safe and on the fish. IW hope your PT helps you out. I missed a like new clam flipover for 60.00 Dam Dam Dam.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #4907 on: May 25, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Good Evening, all - Mr. Clean, hopefully the boat traffic won't be too bad this year on the river, time will tell - W.S., time for a 24 hour safety watch on the kid, local hospital on speed dial - IFF, The customer was preoccupied with other things to see the aisles of merchandise - Mason, day started with Dr. visit-basic checkup, went well, then things fell apart from there-ohboy, a new day tomorrow, should get some ceramic tile on the walls of the job to make the customer happy, have enough work scheduled to last me to well past July 4th, people willing to wait - Yoopergirl, a good bottle of champagne to christen the boat with is always the best good luck charm, many fun filled trips to you - IW, almost sounds like it's time for a new PT - Everyone have fun and be safe; later
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #4908 on: May 25, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Worked on the house from 7am till now (10:45pm) except for an hour or so of walking Timber of course!!  Got all the cutting in done around the crown moulding.  Definitely not the most fun job but it did get me up on the ladder to find the missing tape measure I've been looking for for a long long time!  It was on top of the cabinet over the fridge!!  Just like the time I was missing my big mag lite.  It was in the bathroom ceiling, haha, closed it right up on there.  Only found it because I had to take a strip of drywall off that hadn't been mudded yet.  Of course the batteries were dead!  Just finished up on the toe kicks.  Will tile the backsplash tomorrow and work on a little floor repair and base boards (I hope!!)

Maybe my boat will come in tomorrow!!  :thumbs:  I'm not going to hold my breath....okay I am!!  Since it left the factory I wonder if they will stop delivery for the holiday weekend!?!?!   I'm not even sure the dealer is open Friday...might need to make a call tomorrow!!  I have the salesman's phone # in my cell, think he would mind if I texted him now?!?!?   >:D

I see the workplace pranks and still happening and OG is STILL finding the good deals!  Too bad you missed out of this last one.   :'(  IW, sorry to hear your PT is proving to be frustrating!  The day before I went in the hospital with PEs I did calf raises at physical therapy.  It didn't seem like I was working that hard but I couldn't flatten my feet out for 3 days!  I was walking on my tip toes til the muscle stretched out again!

Okay, time to hit the sack!!  Night all!!

Cant.J...not sure if I'd smack my new boat with a bottle of champagne, maybe the trailer???  Or does it count if I just drink it??   :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4909 on: May 26, 2016, 03:47 AM »
Good morning early risers and night owls. IFF you think your employer would wait until after Memorial Day weekend to move large quantities of stock to the new store. I see some lost sales.  Ice Wanderer I agree your PT should contact your doctor and tell him she thinks you need to have some nerve damage test preformed instead of asking you to contact doctor. The PT might want certain tests done and is the one who should talk with the doctor. Old Goat a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend to your family and you also ,better luck next time on the sales. WarBonnet may your wife's doctor have some answers or both of you next week. Also may there be no medical emergencies. Capt. Jim may today be better for you, I image most of your customers want their jobs completed before the vacation season  especially if the job is at a rental property. I have no idea if this is going on in  your location but in Ocean City,NJ. many of the older homes/cottages are being demolished and new two family dwelling/ condominiums are being built on the site of former home. This allows the property owner to have one unit for their usage and another to rent out or sell .  Yoopergirl/Mindy I admire your work ethic and drive do not think I could do that many hours of home improvement in one day. I hope your boat arrives soon sure you ready to christen it with a fishing trip. Whopper Stopper hope your boss's son learned from his fall and will save the beer for after the job is completed. I knew a gentlemen who did the same work as Mason Eddie he was doing a side job building a fireplace, rushing to get home one day he took a wrong steep off the scaffolding as a result of his fall he ended up a quadriplegic. Thankfully he was a veteran and my local VA hospital specializes in paralysis so he was able to stay close to family and friends.
  Eddie I hope the pranks do not get out of hand ,we used to have a pipe fitter working part time at my store. This fellow told many stories of work place high jinks.

Have a good day everyone, also a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend to all. Please remember to take a moment to give thanks for all our service personal who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.  Best to all fishing today and this weekend be careful out on the water.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4910 on: May 26, 2016, 04:10 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning  Everyone,
Partly cloudy and 61* this payday am, high of 82 expected again.
Steve...hope you have an enjoyable weekend as well, and Thanks for the reminder. Have a great day!   :thumbsup:
Capt......sounds like you're in the remodeling/general contracting business? Glad to hear you're stacked with work.... :thumbsup:
Marv....that was a great picture you shared yesterday... :thumbsup: :roflmao:  Hope your day went well and no mishaps with the shortened crew....have a safe day!
Mindy...all those long hours and hard work will payoff for you. Agree with the Capt. on a nice bottle of the bubbly...have you a name in mind?
OG...wishing you an enjoyable weekend as well Sir! That's too bad about that Clam....but I've got a good feeling you'll find a few more good buys soon!   :thumbsup:
WB... :thumbsup: on the Dr.'s appointments....the warm weather denfinetly has it perks...yesterday was particularly good!    ;D
Bud...the electric chair would have been perfect... ;D. I'll pass that one on  down the line to the boys... :nono:
Jeff...sorry to hear the PT didn't go so well, hope things start getting better! Strange that the Therapist isn't in contact with the Doctor....best wishes on a successful recovery Jeff.      :thumbsup:

Yesterday's pour went well again, glad we got an early start, the heat came on quick. No retaliation yesterday for the chair prank....that's probably a good thing! I think The Big Bopper got the point.... ;D
Another day of stripping forms, demolition, and setting up for tomorrow's pour on the charts today.
Time to get ready....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4911 on: May 26, 2016, 05:28 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie ER's,
                     There are just 2 users on this morning when I logged in, myself and Raquettedacker, he's probably moderating! :flex:
                     Mindy....You work too hard, I know you want to get it done but that's a long day to put in! I think everyone who has
             done a home project has covered something up in a wall or ceiling. ??? I hope your boat comes before the weekend! :clap:
                     Eddie......I guess it's a good thing that the big guy took the prank in stride, or he's waiting to catch you guys off guard!
             Good luck with tomorrows pour!
                     Steve.....Thank you for reminding us all what Memorial Day is all about, I think people just take it for granted like
             it's just a day off from work. I go every year to our local parade and ceremonies, it's something that I've done, especially being
             a veteran.
                     My wife and I went for a walk last evening and she picked the flowers off a Lilac bush and the aroma coming from them
             is filling the air as I type, I wish they would last, but they have a short flowering season!
                     I hope everyone has a good Thursday at work, it's pay day, or out fishing!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4912 on: May 26, 2016, 07:21 AM »
Mindy It sounds like you can start a remodeling business if the stress of working ICU gets to much. Like I have said before I have a ton of respect for all nurses especially you ICU ones. You deal with so much heart break at times with what is going on.

At least you found the lost tape measure. I bought one of the first bright green ones when they first came out figuring it would be easier to spot where I left it. That lasted for a few days before it was lost forever. Hopefully the dead batteries in the mag light had not gone bad and damaged the flash light. Saw on the news last night that a couple of tornados were spotted up your way. Pretty far north for them things.

We got a little rain last night but I doubt it was enough to lessen the fire danger around here. I have not put out the rain gauge yet so who knows. They did get some heavy stuff north of here so that should help with wild fires over this up coming crazy week end.

I wish that the VA hospital in Grand Rapids could get praise for their treatment of patients. Another investigation into there operation was announced yesterday. They got rid of the government employees and went to contract employees. It has gone down hill ever since.

To me lilacs are ment to stay out side. For some reason the smell almost makes me sick. You could smell the autumn olive in bloom driving down the road the other day.

I need to get the OFFICE Closed signs made up so I can post them Sunday when we have our family get together. Not that it will stop a lot of the people around here from coming to the door.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4913 on: May 26, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Good Morning all, Its my guess they track sales on a daily basis, so might know that days like holidays before and after might be a trend in sales, Here, we see campers hitched up ready to hit the road.  And expect camping sights to be full, over the weekend.  I had a treat, seeing for the first time, a male American Goldfinch at a feeder on my deck.  I got a good picture of it, and showed it to the master bird watcher neighbor.  He tells me he has never seen one around here at  all.  Got word that beginning next week if we are on a work schedule for a morning shift instead of starting like at opening at 9 we are to start at 7 and not leaving two hours early ::)  Doves have arrived and look puzzled as I have not put out their food offering.

Off to get some things done outside as its supposed to be a day of thunder storms rolling through. 

Good day to all.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4914 on: May 26, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Morning all, been following thread for a long time  :)  Had to pop in to send congrats on seeing the goldfinch.....absolute ly beautiful bird!!!! Enjoy him IFF!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4915 on: May 26, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Morning ER's, just popped in to add my congrats to IFF on his Goldfinch! I put out thistle sock feeders and have them  year round! My local Ruby Throated Hummingbirds are due to arrive around Memorial Day and I can't wait!! Getting birds from the neighborhood,  but 'mine' aren't here yet! Sounds like my verbal spanking got Mindy back posting, now if someone can get Dom back on here, it would be great! Have a good day at whatever you're doing!! My day off, so I'm just going to kick back and give the 'maters some TLC!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4916 on: May 26, 2016, 10:43 AM »
OS, my hummingbirds have been back for a couple weeks now......they were not too happy with the last cold spell. Think all the "regulars" are back in town now, fighting over bird house territory as usual, busy working on their nests. Should be some little ones before long! Gotta love Mother Nature    :thumbsup:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4917 on: May 26, 2016, 12:01 PM »
HUMM I have what I call gold finches around my feeders all winter. It is fun to watch the males change from the summer fall winter colors to their bright yellow breeding regalia. No feeders out any more so there are not many birds around right now other than the occupants of the bird houses.

Chip monks that is another thing. I am over run with them. I need to get the table saw out and make up some weasel boxes. The last time I used #1 foot holds I ended up having to carry a skunk across the road to shoot it. With the trap in a box, the trap dispatches the chippy and the stray cats do not try to drag the trap away.

I do not know what the weed is that had to come out of the bird feed but it has overrun a part of the lawn. It looks like a miniature pansy about 3/8 inch in diameter and 1 foot tall.

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4918 on: May 26, 2016, 12:39 PM »
       Good afternoon to all ERs, welcome WW !  Wife and I just returned home after a two hundred mile round trip to pick up our dog that our daughter had taken to the vet !  Daughter was in a fender-bender taking kids to school, no one hurt. On the way back home saw TWO more accidents ! :wacko: Staying off the roads this CRAZY weekend ! :woot:  To all that are off and running this weekend, BE CARFUL, BE SAFE !  :clap:                                                      WB 

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #4919 on: May 26, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Good evening, everyone
Mr. Clean - a lot of the rental owners near me are still dealing with issues from Storm Sandy, if the house/condo/townhouse is not main residence, they are out of luck, FEMA refuses to pay and the ins. co's are making life miserable, the horror stories about the hoops to jump thru are mind boggling
Mason - it's been a long time since I was backed up like this, more handyman, just starting to slow down a bit and do the pick and chose
Yoopergirl - As long as you save a few drops to sprinkle on the boat for the "christianing", bottoms up and enjoy the boat and the bubbles

Weather got hot too fast - not acclimated yet - at least I'm inside out of the sun - tomorrow is supposed to be another hot one, with more humidity then today

Be safe, have fun

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.