Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1624683 times)

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #4710 on: May 03, 2016, 05:30 AM »
     Good morning all, I see Steve, Jeff, Marv, and Eddie have been on board this morning.  Wife had a GOOD day at Dr,'s visit yesterday, she received a very good bill of health but for 3 or4 small spots on lungs. They will keep track of them, she will be taking a pill for ever, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN !  :thumbsup:  Rained all night, cloudy and damp for the rest of the week, we needed the rain ! Lets all have a good day today, keep safe and have fun !   ;D  ;D ;)               WB

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4711 on: May 03, 2016, 07:04 AM »
Well its morning again, guess thats good.  Monday was a bust, got call from work saying where are you ?  Thought I was due to work today instead.  Mad scramble to post sale signs, most everything in my department still have regular pricing but ring up 20% off, Ice fishing gear that is still out rings up 30% off. ;D  Mrs. still doing the ice packs, and pain meds, Did manage to change oil, and spark plugs on the riding mower.  See forecasters are saying 5 days of rain starting Saturday  :-\ guess that's what rain gear is for.

Think I'll have some of that coffee Eddie.

Safe day to all, and good luck if wetting a line.

Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4712 on: May 03, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Another Tragedy at lake near here, guy in a canoe, no PFD's, one got pulled into a boat, the other 21 year old wasn't found right off, dive team had to work in the dark didn't locate him until an hour after canoe capsized, 50* water.
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4713 on: May 03, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Bud same thing here.

Update: A body has been recovered from the water, according to New York State Police. It has not been confirmed that the body recovered is that of the 22-year-old man, and police have not yet identified the victim.

SYLVAN BEACH, N.Y. -- A 22-year-old man drowned Monday at Sylvan Beach, according to New York State Police.

Local authorities have requested help of a dive team and a helicopter to search for the victim, NYSP spokesman Jack Keller said, and a number of agencies are offering additional resources.

Keller did not provide the victim's name. Agencies including Durhamville Fire, Cleveland Fire and the Oneida County Emergency Services were dispatched to the scene.

Keller said the man was fishing with his mother when his tackle box fell into the water. He dove in to retrieve it and handed it to his mother.

"Unfortunately, he went under and never came back up," Keller said.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4714 on: May 04, 2016, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning Eddie( I see you in the hallway) Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Hope you have an excellent day Eddie! :thumbsup:

I am off to the jungle for an early start. I see the Republican party is down to one man standing this morning. It sure was a rugged fight :cookoo:

Good day to all no matter what is on the planner! :clap:

Stay safe and alert!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4715 on: May 04, 2016, 03:53 AM »
Good Morning Whopper, Morning Guys,
It's Hump Day again!   ;D
41* with overcast skies again this am, high of 51 expected with rain coming about noon time.
That's sad reading about those young men losing their lives...difficult to understand why people do some things.
How are the sales going Raquette?
WB...glad to read your wife had a good day at the Dr.'s, excellent news!! :clap: :thumbsup: We're in that same weather pattern here for the rest of the week, agreed, we needed the rain.
Yep Whopper, looks like the Donald and Bernie took the Hoosier State last evening and Ted hung up his hat.... :blink:   Almost can't wait to the mud slinging contests ahead....should be exceptional entertainment.   ;D Have a safe trip in the jungle today Sir!
Not much to report here on my end, pretty quiet day outside yesterday with the weather, plugging along with the marble. Forgot to mention, but a while back, I spoke to you guys about a boxer heading to the Olympics named Abraham Nova, a co-worker's brother. He ended up signing a professional contract and had his first fight last Friday night at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City against an 8/0 opponent....understand he knocked him out in the first round in under 2 minutes!  Go Abraham!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4716 on: May 04, 2016, 04:56 AM »
Good morning early risers. WarBonnett happy your wife had a good report at the doctor. IFF,Raquettedacker sad to read your posts people need to remember water temperature is still low this time of year. So there will be a shock to your body. I thought New York had a law requiring PFD usage at this time of year and in the fall. Eddie I remember you talking about the boxer congrats to him on his first professional victory. Whopper Stopper have a good day in the jungle.

Everyone have a good day. Best to all fishing and spring hunting.
Steve

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4717 on: May 04, 2016, 04:57 AM »
   Good morning all, see Marv and Eddie are up a at them !  Sad to hear about the two young men, same thing goes with helmets as PFD's, the need to feel FREE !   :cookoo:  Knot much going on  in my neck of the woods, gray and damp for the rest of the week. Good day to all !   :thumbsup: ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4718 on: May 04, 2016, 06:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        I'm running late this morning, I was up late trying do some small projects that will please my wife before
                 she gets home tomorrow. :clap:
                       It's a shame to hear of these drownings, Steve....you are right, boats under 17' {I think} boaters have to wear
                 PFD's!
                       WarBonnett.....I'm glad to hear that your wife had a good report!  :clap:
                       Eddie......It sure has been an interesting political season, and it will get more interesting as time goes on! ::)
                 Congrats to your co-workers brother, may he go undefeated! :flex:
                       WS... have a good day in the Jungle!
                       It's raining here on my hill and looks the same for days to come, I guess "Mother Nature" is off by a month! :cookoo:
                 It's supposed to be April showers bring May flowers, not May showers bring June flowers. :blink:
                       I hope everyone has a good "Hump Day" either at work or trying to get out to wet a line!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4719 on: May 04, 2016, 01:15 PM »
Nasty rainy day today so I suspended the turkey chasing for a while. I had birds up two days in a row, just could not get thme to give me a decent shot. I have been hunting some older pine plantings that have had a lot of trees die and fall making o for some thick cover. It is hard to get a good shot with that much big stuff on the ground.

I will not be going back until next Tuesday. Arthritis walk, mothers day, grandsons birth day and doctors getting in the way. Still have the reat of the month to fill my tag so I am not getting worked up about filling my tag, YET!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4720 on: May 04, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Good Wednesday Evening Everyone :bow:

I won’t have time to post in the morning so I figured I would post now. I just got word that we are on for tomorrow morning removing that cottonwood I was talking about. It is a shame that pictures don’t do it justice but you will have to take my word that it is a big, stout, old gal! lol

I had to walk across the street to get the whole tree in the picture and then I missed some, as a result it doesn’t look as impressive.

I will have one of the guys take some pictures as we go, but it is hard trying to find time when the process is going on. Everyone has their jobs, but hopefully he can get some time to shoot a few.

The lady that we will be working for wants the stump left about 6 feet high, right above where the stub is poking out. This will certainly help not having to cut it off and grind it. The total circumference is 21' so we were happy when she asked if we could leave it up.

Hope you all have a Great Thursday! Stay safe!

WS

Offline TJR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4721 on: May 04, 2016, 07:22 PM »
That is a massive tree  stay safe and good luck

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4722 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10 PM »
Yeah that's going to be quite a stump.  Hope you don't have to tangle with any nails.  Got boat ready to hit the water in the morning.  Bought a new Trailer light, that I will be taking back, found the only problem was it lost it ground.  Pretty nice day out to day, and think tomorrow will be as well,  Glad to hear the health checkups are not bad news.

Going to hit the pillow early, most likely I will be up way to early, but can launch in the dark if I want too.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4723 on: May 05, 2016, 03:11 AM »
Buenos Dias early risers a good Cinco DE Mayo to all of you. TJR welcome to the thread. Mr.Turkey you have a busy next few days it will be nice to get back to turkey hunting next week.IFF have a good fishing trip . Ice Wanderer hope your wife likes the surprises. I'm assuming she went to visit her mother. I hope she is adjusting well to her vision loss in one eye. Whopper Stopper thank you for the pictures. One impressive cotton wood  I'm guessing insect damage to inner parts of tree . Other them the broken branch/stub the tree appears healthy. Similar in appearance to the "Balmville Tree" once you cut into a branch you discover how much rot there really is in the tree. May all go smoothly with the take down, wondering what plans the homeowner has for the stump. Raquettedacker saw you post in the "What makes you grumpy" hope the plant and flower sales improve and your big event on Saturday is successful.

Have a great day stay safe. Best to all fishing and spring hunting.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4724 on: May 05, 2016, 03:35 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Guys,
42* this am, high of 52 expected today with a slight chance of rain.
Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone....thanks Steve, forgot all about that! Have a great day today Sir!
Welcome back from your hunt Tom! Hope Tuesdays trip is more productive for you Sir.
TJ...welcome to the 9:45
Whopper...wow, 21' around that's a big old cottonwood! Wondering how many cords of wood will that tree yield?Hope everything goes as planned and have a safe day taking her down. Thanks for sharing the pictures, looking forward to anymore shots you can share.  :thumbsup:
Bud...good luck this morning with the Walters, wish I could join you on that trip, hope they're hungry!
Jeff...agreed about the showers! Extended forecast showing more coming right into next week at the moment. Hope your wife was pleased with the projects!   :thumbsup:
We set up a collabsible tent to work under yesterday to keep the job moving. That worked pretty well and we got quite a few pieces of marble out and ready to set this morning. Guess the only drawback was having to take it down at the end of the day and taking another bath....Doh!  ;D.   Cawfee's on boys!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4725 on: May 05, 2016, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie, ER's,
                         WS... that is one massive tree, you have some work cut out to do today, be careful buddy! :flex:
                         Eddie......Oh I think you would have remembered it is Cinco De Mayo once you got to work, I'm sure
                 there will be some sort of celebration or protest going on at the capital today! ::)
                         Steve.....It's the cycle of life for the trees, when trees die in the forest, they break down and make good
                 soil and room for new growth. I wonder if the home owner will plant a new tree in it's place! ???
                        TJ.....welcome to the ER's! ;D
                        Bud......Good luck out fishing! :thumbsup:
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday, hey Eddie...it's payday! :clap:

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4726 on: May 05, 2016, 04:39 AM »
Good Morning ER's    WS that is some tree stay safe. IFF good luck fishing today. Mindy your boat thing going well?

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4727 on: May 05, 2016, 09:25 AM »
    Late good morning all ER's . Checked in earlier this morn, then did some chores for the Mrs. !   ;D  Big old tree Marv, be safe taking it down ! Maybe the homeowner will use the stumps for flower pot holders ?  ???  Good luck Bud fishing, and have a nice day all ! ???                                                                       WB

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4728 on: May 05, 2016, 05:16 PM »
Maybe that home owner will have a carving done ?  Morning started out with the landing gear handle sheared its pin on the gear, Had to use my floor jack to get it swung out of the way and folded up, then lower the trailer hitch onto the ball.  Been wanting to take it apart and grease it anyway.  Pretty warm out, for long sleeve shirt, and no breeze, did keep one for supper  :thumbsup:  Forgot to fill the gas tanks so was short morning trolling.  Stopped into the store to get next weeks schedule, and picked up, couple gallons of 2 cycle oil another 20% off.  :thumbsup:  Think next thing will be new hose connectors for the Johnson motors.  Might be leaking air. bulb doesn't stay hard. 

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4729 on: May 05, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Hello Everyone :bow:
I have to be up north in the morning early so I figured I would check in tonight. I have tried 3 times and just before posting have lost everything. I will give it one more try.

Our big tree job went off with no problems. We were on the site and set up by 8 am and by 1 pm we were heading in for the day. I put one of the guys in charge of my camera however no fault of his, he was kept a little too busy to spend a lot of time snapping pictures. He took a few  so I will post them.

This was our project for the day

Here I am about to start

This is about the 1/4 mark

This is my view

This is the end result

Bud wins ! The home owner said her kids are going to have a carving of some sort made. That was the reason they wanted it to be left high. No idea what it will be.

One of the people from the University aged the tree at 200. It had perfect growing conditions so it's possible, we didn't have time to count rings. The poor home owner said for the last 15 years she would go to the basement whenever a storm started brewing. She was scared to death the tree was going to kill her. Kind of sad.

I am off to bed, I feel like it has been a day.

Hope everyone has an excellent Friday! Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4730 on: May 05, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Excellent Marv, nice when you have the proper tools to work with.  Looking at "Your View" I remember I stay closer to the ground  ;D
Bud

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4731 on: May 06, 2016, 12:26 AM »
I must say this is an epic thread! I'm not an ER, but can I post if I don't go to bed until early a.m? Haha. Worked on my Dad's boat today hooking up a trolling mount transducer and some other odds and ends. He just purchased a used boat so we have been having some fun with it. He also helped modify a cooler and soft water sonar for me to turn it into an ice pack. I'll be making a separate topic on that so make sure to check it out! West winds and a high of 80 calls for some crappie fishing later today with pops and my brother. Have a good day all! By the way that tree is huge! Sad it had to go. A true feat

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4732 on: May 06, 2016, 03:45 AM »
Good Friday Morning Everyone,
48* with a high of 56 expected here today.....rain coming again about noon. Wish it would go north to Alberta to help them out with those fires raging, wow!
Marv...excellent job!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Glad everything went well and no mishaps of any kind. Great job on the pictures....reading about it is one thing, seeing it is another....awesome, especially the aerial view! Thats one heck of a stump to carve out of, pretty cool. Hope today goes well for you Sir, be safe!
Welcome aboard ElectricSlide! Have fun with the new boat and look forward to seeing the cooler mod.
Bud...sounds like you had a rough start yesterday, but caught a few.... ;D. Congrats and hope the next trip is problem free. How big were the Walters?
Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Cinco De Mayo yesterday. Was going to celebrate it with burritos and Corona for dinner, but the Mrs. made cube steak and French fries....so I just washed it down with a Yuengling and said " Mucho Gracias".  ;D
Pressed for time this am, so cawfee's on gang!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4733 on: May 06, 2016, 03:55 AM »
Good morning early risers. ElectricSlide19 welcome to the thread no problem posting here I'm not an early riser . My work day starts at 6 PM or later so when other are making their morning posts I'm relaxing before going to bed. Nice looking boat may it give your family many years of pleasurable fishing trips.
  IFF glad to read you had a solution for your trailer problem and got your fishing trip in Monday. Enjoy the fish dinner.                                                                                             
 Whopper Stopper have a safe and good trip to the northern MN. . Thank you for the photos see you had the crane assisting you with limb removal assume it makes the job faster and safer. Two hundred years  that tree started life only 40 years after singing of Declaration of Independence.  The home owner and her children must have money if they can afford a carving after the cost of the removal job. Does Cotton Wood  make good firewood or did most of the tree go through the chipper? Hopefully the home owner will feel less stress during thunder storms. Her House will be warmer this summer with the loss of tree's shade. The conditions had to be right for the tree to survive so long I remember reading that the average life for cotton woods is 75 years for the Eastern variety of the species. That is what made the "Balmville Tree" so remarkable being dated back to 1699 before it was taken down back in October of 2015 .(316 year life ) The tree did have help from a support pole and cable system the last 15 to 20 years of it's life. Like in Whopper Stopper's job part of the trunk was left standing 25 feet circumference at it's widest point . The Balmville tree was also helped by it's trunk being protected with stone walls as a small park was created around the tree which is located at the junction of three roads. Enough history from my area.

I hope no one over did any Cinco De Mayo celebrations. Be safe and have a good day at work or leisure. Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4734 on: May 06, 2016, 03:56 AM »
                  Good morning ER's,
                         Welcome to the ER thread ElextricSlide, you will be known as ES! :whistle: Glad to have a newcomer join
                 in on the fun! :clap: Nice looking boat! ;D
                         WS......Those are some awesome pictures, you guy really went to town on that cottonwood, good job!  :thumbsup: 
                         My wife got home yesterday and was totally surprised with the projects I did while she was gone! When the
                wife is happy I'm happy! :woot:
                        Well it's Friday and the weekend is upon us but the weather isn't going to be good here, rain or showers are
                in the forecast! :%$#!:
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing!
                        I see Eddie popped in Good morning sir!

IW

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4735 on: May 06, 2016, 05:00 AM »
     Good morning all ERs, welcome aboard ES,  ::) nice boat, be safe and have lots of FUNNN !  :woot:  Marve, what a job with that tree, three rungs on a ladder is my MAX.  ;D  Rain all night and still at it now, plan was for the wife's front deck and wheelchair ramp to get started today, don't know yet !  ???                  WB

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4736 on: May 06, 2016, 06:26 AM »
WS

That was quite an operation taking down that tree. It makes the tree cutters around here look like pikers. It makes me sick to see them take down some big white pine around here dropping them in 2 or 3 foot pieces when a lot of them could be dropped whole and made into some great lumber. Must be they are not confident in there ability to drop the trees where the want them to go.

I watched my uncle that had lost his arm in a saw mill accident drive stakes with some trees he was cutting. He was doing this with only one arm, long before there were the light weight saws of today.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4737 on: May 06, 2016, 07:28 AM »
Good Morning all, Welcome ES  ;D nice boat, that honda looks on the big side.  What HP is it ? Those 17 ft. Lund's are nice. Enjoy the day out with it, and be safe.

Eddie most were under the 18 mark, keeper was a 19.  I should have known better that it was going to be a hot one, and should have taken a cooler with some water.  Couple errands to run and a trip to the grocery store, then maybe I can get the landing gear back in order before heading to work at 2:30  Have had my eye on a new landing gear, but with the employee discount, and close out price could take the sting out of picking one up  ;D

WB, would think you rains are about ready to move out, and hope the ramp for the Mrs. goes in quickly.  Guessers are sticking to their Thunderstorms for the next couple days here.

Have a good day all, coffee time for me.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4738 on: May 06, 2016, 07:59 AM »
The weather for the Arthritis walk tomorrow is not looking good. At least WS is not sending us snow. I need to dig out some rain gear.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4739 on: May 06, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Thanks for letting me join in on the fun all! IFF it's a 115 HP 4 stroke. Coming from a 9.9 Johnson it's crazy to us! First time out we hit 40 mph. We will never need to go that fast, but it could pull a tube if we wanted which would make for a good time out on the lake if the fish aren't biting

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.