Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1626415 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #2370 on: Jul 24, 2015, 03:31 AM »
Morning Everyone,
Happy Friday! One more week and we'll be in August....we're getting there!
57* this am with a high of 81 expected. For anyone who likes the horses, it will be a nice day for the opening day of Saratoga Race Course.
Not quite sure what's on the agenda today. Yesterday I had to fill out some paper work to get clearance to work at the Governors Mansion, quite a bit of work to do there as I understand.
Leaving early to stop at Wally World, so hope everyone has a great day, be safe, and best of luck to those wetting a line!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2371 on: Jul 24, 2015, 03:53 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                   57* here as well, a good morning to work on my wood pile, I'm over the hump with it, over half way done, I figure
            3 more days should do it. All night long my hands and knees were killing me, I guess turning 67 last Friday had a bigger
            impact on me than I thought. LOL I kind of over did it yesterday.
                   I hope everyone has a great Friday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2372 on: Jul 24, 2015, 04:05 AM »
Good morning Eddie, early risers it has been cooler and less humid the last two days here in the Mid Hudson river valley. Besides my local daily newspaper I subscribe to a weekly paper it had a story on the Balmville Tree on the front page. I will post a link to the papers website for all who are interested to read. Back in 1953 a scientist from Harvard University took a core sample from the tree which indicated the tree date to 1699. it is quite remarkable that it still stand since the paper article says the normal life span for Eastern Cottonwoods is 75 years.
Ditto Eddie's comments on having a great day and good fishing to all wetting a line.
Steve

Mid Hudson Times  website  www.timescommunitypapers.com the Mid Hudson Times is one of three weekly papers from this publisher. You will an article about the tree on first page of website with a link to the full article.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2373 on: Jul 24, 2015, 04:55 AM »
Good Morning ER’s ! :bow:

The dew points are going to be miserable today, and the red crap in the old bank thermometer is supposed to stretch to 90. We are waiting to see where some early morning storms are tracking. The professional weather guessers are trying to keep everyone on edge with severe weather storm threats for early this morning, we should see very soon.

A beautiful tree and great story mr.clean I really enjoyed that. It is amazing how far certain species date back. A customer of ours is into bonsai trees. He has a couple that are 450 years old which he says is a teenager in the life of a bonsai, truly fascinating.

Wishing everyone a fine Friday and sending extra luck to those that are fishing.

No matter what activity is in the works……….Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2374 on: Jul 24, 2015, 06:18 AM »
Crazy wake up this morning. The two labs had their heads laying on the window sill in the bed room doing a low growl. Then started barking. The boss got up to look. There was a fox in the front yard. Better than most times when they are barking at a skunk. The fox may be why all the neighbors free roaming cats have disappeared. it is now hunting the rabbits that are always in the yard.

Let the dogs out and one of the labs went crazy. Strange dog in the yard.

Saw the first immature eagle on the lake yesterday. We have had a pair around for quite a while but this is the first young one I have seen.

Off to get the test run of the nerve stimulator out of my back today.  I am still trying to decide whether to have one permanently implanted.  Some good and some bad to the test.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2375 on: Jul 25, 2015, 12:41 AM »
Welcome to the week end everyone, Tomturkey watch your labs around the fox as you may know they can carry the rabies virus. May all go well with the stimulator testing.

Whopper Stopper thank you for posting a picture of the Balmville Tree. The one article I read said an arborist had looked at the tree this past Monday. I guess the Town of Newburgh and state are waiting for his recommendations on what if anything to save the tree. I hope if the tree has to come down more cuttings will be taken and planted in one of the Town's parks with a sign saying it is a descendant of the Balmville Tree. One reason for the concern is that there is a elementary school near the tree people fear a major branch could come down on a school bus.

Eddie if you get the clearance to work at Governor's Mansion maybe you will be able to get a lunch made by his girl friend Food Network star Sandra Lee.
Everybody have a great weekend best wishes to all wetting a line.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2376 on: Jul 25, 2015, 04:47 AM »
Good Morning Mr.C, Morning Guys,
Mr.C...thanks for the link about the Balmville Tree...I hope they can save it as well. As far as Sandra Lee fixing lunch, I understand if the Governor is there we are not allowed on the premises to work unfortunately. But this is NY, and "hey, you never know!!".     ;D
Looks like your hot weather has crept East Whopper....mid to high 80's and 90's predicted for the next week here in upstate NY....Doh!
Tom...hope you can arrive on a decision for the stimulator. Did it seem to make you feel better?
Jeff...you put a hurtin on that pile of logs! Hope you're feeling better, take it easy for a few days with the heat coming.
I've been seeing a lot of deer on my way into work most mornings, and yesterday I finally got a good look at a very handsome buck in full velvet grazing in a freshly cut hay field. That was a nice way to start the day off and get the mind wandering about the upcoming deer season. Time to start shooting the bow again!
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, be safe, best of luck fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2377 on: Jul 25, 2015, 05:18 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie, Good morning ER's,
                Another cool morning here on my hill, makes me want to take advantage of it and work on the wood pile. But I'm
        taking the weekend off, I've got some stuff to do. I have maybe 6 hrs. left to finish it. :clap:
                Thanks for posting the picture WS, I do remember seeing that tree many years ago, it's been at the center of attention
        for a long time.
                Eddie, **censored**, you have to go through extensive background check to work at the mansion, but if the governor is there
        you can't work, what is afraid to see people actually working, instead of all the hands out freeloading voters.LOL :woot: When
        I was working, we had a job on a roadway that the mayor of Boston took to his office, we could start until 9 AM because he
        didn't like getting held up in a construction zone by a flag person or in their case, a police detail. ::)
                I hope everyone has a good day off and maybe wet a line.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2378 on: Jul 25, 2015, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, Eddie, and the rest of the ER’s !

We are talking weather ugly on this part of the map. Dew points are tropical and the temps are knocking on 90. I had so many things to do and ended up staying in the house yesterday, not sure if today will be any different ???

A couple days off from the wood won't hurt a thing IW, hope you are feeling better. It doesn't matter who you are or how old you are cutting and splitting is hard work.

No matter what the activity for the weekend……….Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2379 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Good morning everyone. Past week was busy. Spend a couple days in the bait shop and yesterday on the water. Did well on the walleyes. 28 in the boat and it was a tough bite. It is going to be hot next week so may not get out much....Have a good one....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2380 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:46 AM »
I made the decision to get the stimulator installed permanently so may be I can maybe get back to a some what normal life.

IW  There is so much ash firewood around here that is just going to rot and go to waste it is sickening. There seems to me more ash trees dying every day. I think I saw a double truck load of ash fire wood headed down the road yesterday. The logs looked to small to be decent mill logs.

Eddie I was watching a TV segment in front of the capital in Lansing the other day. The guys in the construction fence must have been trained by our legislators as you could hardly see the green shirts moving. My brother had a US Pres. clearance when he flew Army One choppers when Nixon was President. He got to see lots of nice places as Nixon was like Obama always on vacation.

We have had two deer with CWD turn up in one general area in the last month. Who knows what the DNR will decide to do.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2381 on: Jul 26, 2015, 05:08 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    It's raining here this morning, the lawn and garden could use it.
                    tom, so far the Ash bore has not done that much damage around here, but I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.
            I don't burn much Ash in my outside wood boiler, it burns hot but doesn't last. I burn mostly Beach, Maple, Oak and Cherry.
                    I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play. Eddie were you able to Wet a line yesterday?

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2382 on: Jul 26, 2015, 05:44 AM »
Good Morning IW Good Morning  ER’s ! :bow:

The summer is on the march. The Vikings football training camp started yesterday in Mankato MN, it seems like just yesterday they got their hind ends kicked.

Hope the installation of the stimulator works out for you Tom :thumbsup:

Yesterday a doe decided to share some time with us to watch her 3 fawns. The little buggers had her on edge as they spent 45 minutes running around the yard. I have a short video shot through the window, not the best, but it gives you an idea of what we got to see.

http://s272.photobucket.com/user/WhopperStopper/media/Videos/MomAndThreeKids_zpsh6suuye8.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I am going to see if the wife will grill me some chicken before it gets too hot out!

No matter what activity is in the works……….Stay safe!

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2383 on: Jul 26, 2015, 06:35 AM »
Morning all. I know I have been slacking on here... ::)
 Tom I hope the stimulator works for you...
I have a few ash trees that need to be cut up for this winter..  Jeff they burn great in my wood furnice..   Its actually a combination stove so I burn coal also..  I can get nut cole now for $165 a ton in 40 pound bags So I'm getting two ton and see how long once it gets really cold ( jan, feb, march) that it works out. I will burn wood while its still warm...
Got the Amish coming in 2 weeks to take down my chimney and put up a new one....
 Great video WS...

I  picked these yesterday...

And me and my bride turned it in to relish.. Our first try at pepper relish so I'm excited to try it... It looks like I used to many red peppers for color..  So we will see...

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2384 on: Jul 26, 2015, 06:48 AM »
58* this morning but heading to miserable. It has been close to 700 days since GR has hit 90 but that may be coming to an end. always a little colder here to the north.

WS
I did not realize how much the stimulator was helping until the last two mornings. Got up with a bad back ache both mornings with out it.

Looks like those three fawns could be a hoof full for their mom.

IW
I have only burnt a little ash that was from a tree that died before ash boer so I have little experience with it. I burnt a lot of cherry as I did not want to cut the oak on my hunting property. I did not realize how many ash trees were around here until the boer hit with a vengeance.  I was lucky and got to cut a ton of American elm. Almost like burning coal as it just glows putting out heat for ever. 

Need to get out and clean up the garage and find what needs to go. Lake Assn. garage sales again next week end. Better watch the boss or all my stuff will go on the block.

RAQ (edit to add as you posted while I was typing) Is that coal going to stink like the stuff that they used to burn when I was a kid. The snow and cars  around houses that burnt coal were covered with red/brown soot. When I was in Altoona Pa in the late 50's they had crushed the clinkers to sand the roads. All the car front ends had paint chipped off them.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2385 on: Jul 26, 2015, 07:17 AM »
Morning Guys,
A little late this morn, went out fishing last night until about 12:30am....caught a few small rainbows, nothing over 13".... some pretty good fireworks going off around the lake at dark, it was nice evening!
Whopper...thanks for the video! I could watch those little one's playing all day, good stuff!
Raquette...nice job on the relish! I've never tried pepper relish, looks awesome. Wish my garden would kick into gear..my peppers are still very small yet. Hope the chimney job goes well for you!
Got to round up the garbage and off to the transfer station, one estimate on some repair work to give at 9:30 this morn and maybe a little barbecuing this aft.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2386 on: Jul 27, 2015, 01:42 AM »
Good morning early risers hope everyone had a great week end. MR.Turkey I hope the surgery to insall the back stimulator goes well and that it helps improve your condition. Whopper Stopper thanks for the video I once had a doe leave her fawn right by my front door for the day. Friday when I got home from work had two does in my yard think they were feeding on pears that have fallen from the tree in my side yard. Mason Eddie maybe if you and your coworkers ask nicely the Governor and his girlfriend will leave you a couple plates of home made cookies.
Have a great day everyone and stay safe out there in this crazy world we live in good luck to all going out fishing.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2387 on: Jul 27, 2015, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Mr.C, Morning Guys,
Just took a peek at the weather and temps. for Albany this week...88, 91, 95, 91, 89.... :%$#!:  Meanwhile, the highs this week for Barrow Alaska....37, 37, 36, 39, 47....I'll have to keep that in mind when I wring out my shirt today!  ;D
I've noticed that there should be a bumper crop of apples here this year as apposed to last year. All the trees seem to be chock full....maybe it's a sign of another long ice season? One can only hope!   :thumbsup:
Mr.C, I'll relay your message to my foreman, but you know as well as I do, NY is not giving state, "but hey, you never know!! "    ;D
Cawfee's on...Pop Tarts on the counter....Pop Tarts? I won't even go there......Help yourself fella's.
Hope everyone has a great day, be safe and stay hydrated this week! Best of luck to those wetting a line!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2388 on: Jul 27, 2015, 03:07 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, Eddie! Good Morning ER’s ! :bow:
Just like that and ...poof, it's back to Monday!

Continued dew points in the 70’s with highs this afternoon of 90. It is going to be a rugged day.Make sure and bring extra water Eddie, this crap is rough,

Hope you had a good Birthday party IW. Take it easy on the wood pile today!

Time to fire up the Buick and head it to the jungle.No matter what’s on the agenda……….Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2389 on: Jul 27, 2015, 05:38 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie WS and ER's,
                  The heat and humidity is back and I'm back to the wood pile, what is wrong with me? ???
                  Yes, Steve it is a crazy world we live in and I don't think it's going to get much better.
                  Eddie, How are you suppose to get work done at the mansion if you can't work when the governor is there, oh
          he seems to be traveling a lot lately. :whistle: Stay cool down there.
                  WS, take it easy in the jungle.
                  I hope everyone has a good day either at work or at play.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2390 on: Jul 27, 2015, 06:54 AM »
Eddie From my experience of having relatives living in Fairbanks for years if it is hot up there it is cold down here and just the opposite.

My niece moved there in 1977. She kept rubbing it in all the winter of 78 that it was raining up there and we were having a cold hard winter. Like the kids went to school 6 days in January.

The boss put our couch on an online yard sale for free last night. It was like a cat fight over who was going to get it. Rules are who ever shows first interest gets first chance. Some one is coming at 9 this morning. They better bring good help as it is heavy and big and I am not helping get it loaded.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2391 on: Jul 28, 2015, 03:15 AM »
Morning Fella's,
Another hot one on the way! Think my 8 hour deodorant pad ran out by cawfee break yesterday...  ;D
Jeff...how's the wood pile coming? Hope you're taking it easy with the heat....stay hydrated!
Concrete sidewalks to pour first thing this morn in a nice shady area, should be finished up with them before the heat really kicks in.
Well, hope everyone has a great day! The dogs need out and I need to load up my cooler.
Be safe, and best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2392 on: Jul 28, 2015, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Morning ER’s ! :bow:

Yesterday was a long one and not very enjoyable to boot. 2 of the guys got sick in the heat which nobody likes to see. They started feeling better after an hour in the truck and by the time we headed in for the day there was even talk of a few beers. Always fun to listen to the young guys ???

I packed the big water jug today, it is supposed to be worse that yesterday.

Enjoy the shade Eddie!

Take care if you are outdoors today, even landing a big pike might be too much!

No matter what’s on the agenda………. Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2393 on: Jul 28, 2015, 03:44 AM »
Morning Eddie your deodorant comment makes me question how they arrive at their claims. I use Mennon "Speed Stick they say 24 hour protection not even close from my experience. Mr.Turkey you should put a sign on the couch Free you want you carry . We are almost in August  getting closer to the next ice season every day. Whopper Stopper be careful out in the heat keep an eye on your coworkers. You may want to look into the Mission Endura Cool line of products . I think Lowes carries them ,bought the towel last year for my nephew who plays soccer. He has used it a few times and claims it helps lower body temp. in the head/neck area.

Enjoy your days and make the most of whatever comes your way.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2394 on: Jul 28, 2015, 04:50 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, Steve and ER's,
                   The wood pile is getting down there, just 15 more logs to cut up but first I have 15 from yesterday to split, thanks
           for asking Eddie. I won't get it done today, 1st I have to pull a toilet and replace the wax ring. Stay cool Eddie, it's going
           a hot one. The eye candy must be out in force today. :woot:
                   WS, make sure those young guys drink plenty of water, even before they start in the morning. Good luck in the jungle.
                   I hope everyone takes it easy in this heat either at work or at play.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2395 on: Jul 28, 2015, 07:22 AM »
Just got my yearly reminder of how old I was when I was a paper boy. I delivered the paper when the Korean Conflict ended. That was when I was 10 years old. Dang that was a long time ago, like 62 years. Being a gabby kid I made friends with a lot of my customers on my route. Most of them are long gone now.

The 9 o'clock pickup was a no show. The second in line was right on time. he was smart enough to know how to disassemble the couch making it possible to get it out of the house with ease. Great young couple so I am glad they got it.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2396 on: Jul 29, 2015, 03:09 AM »
Good Morning ER’s !

The week is taking a toll, definitely not one of my best. Supposedly our old friend Less Humid is coming to town today, I sure hope so.

You going to wrap things up with the wood today IW? It is always nice when you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a cottonwood waiting for me so I best ignite the Buick and be jungle bound.

No matter what the plans………. Stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2397 on: Jul 29, 2015, 03:38 AM »
Good Morning Whopper, Morning Everyone,
73* with 66% humidity here this morning,  about 2 hours yet before the sunrises...heading up into the 95* range today...Florida weather.
Whopper...good luck with cottonwood, be safe in the jungle today....stay hydrated!
Tom...glad to hear the couch went! I havent thought of my paper route in a long time. When I was a paper boy, the daily paper back in 1973, was 10 cents and the Sunday was 35. Total bill was 95 cents per week, and sometimes when I would do the collecting, they'd hand you a buck and tell you to keep the change...others were more generous.  Thanks for the memory! ;D
Jeff...good luck with the " throne " job today....take it easy later on the wood pile and stay hydrated, it's going to be a scorcher...oh, the eye candy has been most excellent!   ;D  :thumbsup:
We'll be pouring sidewalks again this morning. It's in a nicely shaded little park area. Yesterday, we got to the area to work and there were three people sleeping it off. An empty 30 pack of Milwaukee's Best scattered about. The State Police came down and woke them up....they did pick up the empties.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2398 on: Jul 29, 2015, 04:34 AM »

Good morning WS, Eddie ER's,
               I didn't get much done on the wood pile yesterday, I did split what I had cut up, it was very humid here and I
       hate the HEAT and HUMIDITY, as we say HHH, Hazy, Hot & Humid. I did fix the throne. I don't know how much I'll get
       done on the wood today, maybe get what is split, stacked.
              I hope your humidity falls out WS, I hate being sweaty wet all day. Take it easy in the jungle.
              Eddie, i hope your pour goes well, I'm sure this is not the best weather to be pouring concrete, even in the shade.
      You could take some pictures of all that eye candy you get to see. Oh today is Wednesday, the vendors will be out so there
      should be extra people around.
              I hope everyone has a god day either at work or at play.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2399 on: Jul 29, 2015, 04:51 AM »
Good Morning Whopper Stopper ,Eddie,Ice Wanderer and early risers. Temperatures supposed to hit the mid nineties with high humidity in my area also it will be a nasty day for all who work outside. Eddie do you have to change the mixture of cement to water with the higher humidity so the concrete will cure/harden properly? I guess you are seeing a little bit of everything working at the Empire Plaza. A former neighbor took there then young son to the state museum years back when they asked an employee for dinner recommendations were told the area around plaza not a good place to be after dark. Supposedly there was a lot of drug activity in the area at that time.
Whooper Stopper hope all goes well with the cottonwood tree. Be careful in this heat most of us are experiencing  and have a good day everybody.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.