Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616136 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9960 on: Sep 23, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I am getting a late start it seems.

Eddie, Good luck on Pulaski Sir :thumbsup: Sorry to her the boys can't make it but nothing wrong with solo trips.
Looking forward to your report :thumbsup:

Bud, I noticed yesterdy my time and temp worked sometimes. Must be a short with all the humidity we are having ;D

IW have fun at the Balloon Festival, sounds like a fun time :clap:

Glad you back safe and sound Wally :clap: The trails look like a freeway now. I think in places two cars could meet ;D I had it done about 5 years ago so it was long overdo.

The range was short and sweet 
Code: [Select]

I got there at 9am, set up by 9:10 fired 3 shots at 150 yards with my 243 and home by 9:30. I couldn't cover the 3 with a dime but a nickel almost worked. The best part I had the place to myself. Today they are expecting a couple hundred people to use the facility.

Time to get a start on the day.

Best of luck to those fishing, keep safe no matter what's on the agenda.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9961 on: Sep 23, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Good morning early risers posting here then off to do more house clean out for a couple hours. This afternoon heading to Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY. a high school soccer teammate of my Nephew attends the college no idea if he will get any playing time he is only in his freshman year. Still will be a pleasant way to spend a few hours.
Cwavs1982 welcome to the 9:45 thread, feel free to stop by at any time.
Eddie have a safe trip looking forward to some photos. Watch your hook setting style I've heard the DEC keeps a look out for people they think are snagging the salmon.
Ice Wanderer keep a watch on how often the "Senior Moments" happen I loose track of weekdays and dates also not to mention where I have placed things. Enjoy the balloon festival must be quite the sight to see numerous hot air balloons at one time.
IFF appears things are looking up with the job search.  :thumbsup:  :clap: May you and Mr.Turkey see some of the rain both your areas need in the coming days. My question is what has happened to Yoopergirl/Mindy know she posts infrequently but figure we would her from her over the Summer. I'm also curious about her house remodel and how things are at her sister's farm in Quebec.
OldSailor have a good day at work .
Wallyworld good to read you made it back home safely . Enjoy the benefit ride today. Also please check your personal message inbox don't know if you have seen the thread where a member is looking for opinions on Women's float suits. It is an old thread that was just restarted I told the person who reactivated the thread to contact you for your opinion. So you can blame me if he floods your inbox with questions.
Hunts2long congratulations to your daughter on her first home.May all go well with the move sure you are happy to get back some garage space. great to read your wife is feeling good enough to take a boat ride.
Whopper Stopper think your riffle is zeroed in if you can cover three shots on the target with a nickel after shots were taken from 150 yards out from target. Sounds like you and your BIL have the trails widened so travel should be easier this hunting season.

A good and safe day to all. Best to all fishing or early season hunting.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9962 on: Sep 23, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Back again, Nice to have the .243 dialed in Marv  ;D  :thumbsup:  After a couple cups of coffee, having second thoughts about that managers job.  Full time just doesn't appeal to me.

From the looks of the radar, the high country is getting some snow, and the pattern looks like its going to split and go on each side of my location.  No wind has shown up, only the Blue Jays hollering they want their breakfast.

Steve, I have been wondering the same thing about Yoppergirl/Mindy. 
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9963 on: Sep 23, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Afternoon all,

H2L.....it must seem great to have your wife back in the boat, awesome   :thumbsup:  congrats to your daughter  :clap: may she enjoy many years in her new home

MrC......questions asked & answered  ;)  for some reason that thread didn't catch my eye  :blink: 

IFF....retirement IS a full time job  :roflmao:  it's just that we retired folks make it look so easy working people don't realize how tough it really is  :woot: :whistle:

The ride today was good, about 100 bikes took part  :clap: it was a benefit for a coworker that was killed in the line of duty a few years back  :'(  tomorrow we're working at the Remsen Barn Fest selling raffle tickets for the FD. The town shuts down Main Street the last weekend in Sept every year and they have vendors lined up both sides selling their various items. Always draws a HUGE crowd & with temps near 90 all weekend I imagine they'll break past records pretty easily.

Have a good night, hope you all have some fun things planned. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9964 on: Sep 23, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Ms WW your 100% right on the full time job of retirement, the down side is the pay really SUCKS  :o ::) :blink:

Well guess my notoriety preceded me.  A nice interview by the store manager, and last words were "Would really like to have you join the team" and at his highest allowable wage, due to my experience.  ;D :woot:  Think a former associate that hired on spilled the beans  :unsure:

So far not a drop of rain, did see a small amount of mist on the way home. 

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9965 on: Sep 23, 2017, 05:06 PM »
IFF....you're right, the pay sucks, but oooooooohhhhhh the benefits are unbeatable  ;D :woot:    congrats on the interview  :clap: :bow: nice to be acknowledged  ;)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9966 on: Sep 24, 2017, 04:29 AM »
Morning all,

IW......how was the balloon fest ??? must have been a perfect nite for it  :clap:  I'll bet the sunrise lift off is a beautiful sight also

Eddie.....hope you got into a good run of salmon, heard things have slowed down some with this warm weather  :-\

WS.....only 1 week to go now  ;)2 :thumbsup: :woot:

TT......still no rain  ???  forecast here continues the dry weather also although some cooler temps by mid week

Off to the barn fest soon. Have a good Sunday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9967 on: Sep 24, 2017, 05:56 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                       It's 65* and clear om my hill, what awesome weather we are having, I wish it was like this all summer!
                       Eddie.......How did you do on the river?
                       Bud.........Good going on the interview.
                       Wally.......The balloon festival was great, our part time neighbors were up and went with us. They and my
               wife have never been. I heard on the radio yesterday that the traffic was horrendous so I tried to find a better
               place to watch but got caught in the traffic flow and ended right in Warren County airport. It was packed but the
               organizers had it under control. We stayed till the balloons did the moon glow at 8 pm then we left and went to dinner!
               Here are a couple of pictures.

My wife and friends really enjoyed it.
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9968 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:05 AM »
Oh neat Jeff.  Well it did rain, and see the guessers are saying 90% all day for rain shower/light rain, for today.  Will have to check the rain gauge.

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9969 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:15 AM »
Happy Sunday. The move went as well as moves go. I got some more space in the garage. It was the first time I saw the house. It is small but I real good shape. Perfect for her and her dog.
IW, thanks for sharing the pictures. I have never been as I don't do crowds of more that 5 people...lol.
Going to be another warm day. Should be fun bowling tonight....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9970 on: Sep 24, 2017, 07:01 AM »

Woke to shotgun shooting in every direction.The early goose season started yesterday and it seems most waited for today to hammer away at them. Last year one fell in my yard so I plucked it and we had it for Thanksgiving :clap: I will have to look around in a bit and see if the Goose God's blessed me again  ;)2

Not much on the planner today. We have some grocery shopping to do and then just hang out. There is a chance of some rain screwing up our Monday so will have to see what happens. I wish I could give Tom enough to float a canoe, but I don't think the track is right.

Nice pictures IW!  :clap:

Good luck if heading to the water, out into the woods, or just spending a leisure day :thumbsup: Above all, keep safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9971 on: Sep 24, 2017, 07:47 AM »
Good morning early risers forecast to be another hot one today here in the Mid Hudson river valley with highs similar to Wallyworlds section of NY. I'm sure there will be some new record high temperature set. While I was off by a day the Marist men's soccer game is today thankfully my work schedule will allow me to see the game. Beautiful campus overlooking the Hudson river will be very photogenic in a few weeks once the Fall colors are out in full force. I ot to watch the second half of women's soccer team game against Quinnipiac University the game ended a tie at one goal for each team after two ten minute overtime periods. Think it might be homecoming weekend a lot of activity on the campus also had a football game scheduled for later on Saturday night.
Wallyworld enjoy the Barn Festival hope you get some free time to visit some of the vendors. Also may your opinion on the Striker Ice float suits help FG-Steve in deciding which suit to buy for his wife.
IFF may you get the job if it is what you want, after your post yesterday I was wondering if you wanted to work full time . May you get enough rain to help ease the dry conditions in your area.
Ice wanderer thank you for the photos I'm wondering if the same person owns both the Looney character balloons. Do the offer spectators a chance to go up in a balloon that is still tethered to the ground and enjoy the view.
Hunts2long glad the move went well all the best to your daughter with her new home.
Whopper Stopper I forgot you live in or by a bog. Better break out your hard hat as protection against falling geese .  ;D  May the rains continue onto Mr. Turkey's part of Michigan .
Eddie hope you hooked into a few nice salmon ,safe trip home today.

Hopefully all is well with Yoopergirl/Mindy and she will post once we get closer to the start of ice fishing season . I'm wondering if she is having so much fun with her boat that she has forgotten about us 9:45 folks.

A good and safe day to all enjoy whatever is on your agenda.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9972 on: Sep 24, 2017, 08:14 AM »
WS
Our early goose season runs the whole month of Sept. I watched one drop back from a flock I had shot at on morning and finally fall out of the sky. I was afraid it fell in the parking lot of a store or on it's roof. I went looking and luckily it fell in a mowed field across the street from the store. I rolled one three times another time but it kept flying. The next day a friend found one dead in his newly planted rye field 3 or 4 miles away. Probably the same one. Worthless steel shot.

I have been watching the wind site and could see the cold front coming your way by the wind shift to the north. It looked like the warm front is diminishing its effect on the winds as the clear wind shift line is almost gone. We have been breaking heat records for the last 3 days. Hopefully the guessers are right and we get back to normal by mid week.

My toon is back setting on the bottom of the lake. I have only been out fishing twice all year and only caught enough fish in the two trips for a small meal.  I hope the well drillers get the well finished soon so maybe the lake will come back up. This well has a 16 inch casing.

My granddaughter and her husband bought a tax sale house that belonged to a hoarder. She had asked on Facebook for some help cleaning yesterday but canceled that due to the heat. She will plan on next weekend for the help so I will wait until Sunday to go finish up the chimney repair.

An old man that I knew was wanting help launching his balloon one morning in the coffee shop. He offered to take me along but I declined after hearing his stories of mishaps he had landing it. The guy was a crazy old man. They put a side car on his motorcycle to keep him up right. They also put tow hooks on both ends of his car to make it easier to pull him out of the ditch.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9973 on: Sep 24, 2017, 08:34 AM »
Good morning ER's! Tom, congratulations on opening page 500!! I hope everyone has a great day at whatever is on the planner!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9974 on: Sep 24, 2017, 08:38 AM »
Good morning early risers forecast to be another hot one today here in the Mid Hudson river valley with highs similar to Wallyworlds section of NY. I'm sure there will be some new record high temperature set. While I was off by a day the Marist men's soccer game is today thankfully my work schedule will allow me to see the game. Beautiful campus overlooking the Hudson river will be very photogenic in a few weeks once the Fall colors are out in full force. I ot to watch the second half of women's soccer team game against Quinnipiac University the game ended a tie at one goal for each team after two ten minute overtime periods. Think it might be homecoming weekend a lot of activity on the campus also had a football game scheduled for later on Saturday night.
Wallyworld enjoy the Barn Festival hope you get some free time to visit some of the vendors. Also may your opinion on the Striker Ice float suits help FG-Steve in deciding which suit to buy for his wife.
IFF may you get the job if it is what you want, after your post yesterday I was wondering if you wanted to work full time . May you get enough rain to help ease the dry conditions in your area.

Ice wanderer thank you for the photos I'm wondering if the same person owns both the Looney character balloons. Do the offer spectators a chance to go up in a balloon that is still tethered to the ground and enjoy the view.
Hunts2long glad the move went well all the best to your daughter with her new home.
Whopper Stopper I forgot you live in or by a bog. Better break out your hard hat as protection against falling geese .  ;D  May the rains continue onto Mr. Turkey's part of Michigan .
Eddie hope you hooked into a few nice salmon ,safe trip home today.

Hopefully all is well with Yoopergirl/Mindy and she will post once we get closer to the start of ice fishing season . I'm wondering if she is having so much fun with her boat that she has forgotten about us 9:45 folks.

A good and safe day to all enjoy whatever is on your agenda.
Steve
                 Yes Steve they do have a balloon to do that but the line was too long to stand in!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9975 on: Sep 24, 2017, 10:50 AM »
Yes Steve, I keep going back and forth on the Full time vs part time, but think in the long run part time suits me better.  For one thing the full time involves having to travel for "Training" , and if its anything like what was witnessed with Ganders of 1-2 weeks at a time.

Found 1/2" in the rain gauge, and looks like the hawk ambushed one of the Doves on the deck. :unsure: :(
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9976 on: Sep 25, 2017, 03:17 AM »

Hope you all had a good weekend :thumbsup:

Eddie looking forward in hearing of your fishing trip, hope you had a good outing :clap:

Looks like the rain will be the culprit today. It has been drizzling since midnight and there is a good batch left to go. I suppose I will have to check in in an hour to see what the verdict is  :whistle:

We had a pretty quiet weekend. The wife and I took a run to the shack Saturday to finalize a few things for the deer season, all systems are go for when I start sitting in a couple of weeks. The season is actually open but the heat and bugs have made it easy to wait. I usually start mid October and amp it up into the first couple of weeks in November.

Good luck if hitting the lakes, or woods :thumbsup: No matter what's on the planner, stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9977 on: Sep 25, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Hope you all had a great weekend!!   Calm and 69* to start the day off, looking at a high of 87 here today... :%$#!: 

Bud..best wishes with the part time employment, hope things go your way Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...congrats on the first post on page 500, awesome!! Think you made the right decision not taking that balloon ride with the oldr fella.. ;D
  Mike..hope you enjoyed your weekend off Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...how was the Marist soccer game? Hope you had a good time, sounds like a beautiful campus!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...did you get lucky again and find a honker in the yard?  :whistle:  Hope the weather isn't too bad today and you and the crew can get the day in. Have a safe day in the jungle today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...excellent pictures, thanks for sharing!   :thumbsup:  Heard on the news they drew a huge crowd there, glad everyone had an enjoyable time!   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to your daughter on the new house..hope it serves her well for years to come!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...how was the barn fest? Hope you and Mr. WW had a good time...nice weekend for the motorcycle!   :thumbsup:

My fishing trip was fairly slow, seemed to be more fishermen/women than fish in the two areas I fished. I hooked up twice and landed one, not a banner day, but it made my trip up worth the ride to get a dose of that tug drug.
  Arrived in Pulaski slightly after noon and it was fairly crowded as expected. The main pools were chock full of fishermen, so I got off the beaten path a bit and tried hunting a few down.
  About 3 o'clock had a small group come by the hole I was fishing and with a well placed cast, managed to " floss " one...lol. Sure fealt good hearing the drag screaming and the rod doubled over again, but I lost that one after it took a final run and got into some fast water.
  Got a text message from a family member that my BIL was rushed to a hospital with heart complications about 6pm, so I made my way back towards my truck. Saw another fisherman packing it in on my way out who had a nice spot in a hole I like to fish, so I took advantage of the opportunity and made a few more casts. Hooked up not long after, and landed a decent female King.
  Made the drive back home, arrived about 10pm...long day! Spent some time with my BIL yesterday morning, he will have surgery today at 10am.  Will swing by the hospital after work to see how he's recovering and how the procedure went.
   Well, wish I had a great story or two to tell, but this trip was pretty uneventful less some of the normal shenanigans that go on up there. Hoping to get another shot at it soon with my sons.... :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Marv, see you posted before I finished pecking... ;D.  Hope the weather cooperates for you Sir!    :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9978 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's 45* and deck is still wet.  From the looks of the radar the high country was getting a dusting of snow.  Expect the lingering shower to continue this morning.  Think its about time to break out the hot chocolate.  Might get up to 48* today is the guess for today.  Glad to have the much needed moisture.

Eddie, best wishes on the BIL's procedure, they do amazing things now days.  Nice to hear you got a little tug on your trip.

Will be awaiting the call to go in and take care of getting the paper work in order and what goes with starting a new job.

Have a nice day in the Jungle if that's what develops for you Marv. Looks like its going to be a wet one in the jungle.

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9979 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:48 AM »
Good Morning ER's IFF sounds like you have new employment? Eddie glad you got out and had both no shenanigans and success. I hope your BIL is ok I got the the heart bologna too. Bait is running low as the little ones are still hanging around hmm. Have a great and safe day.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9980 on: Sep 25, 2017, 06:02 AM »

Good morning Bud, Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 65* and clear on my hill this morning, another fine day is in store for us again, can't beat this weather. :clap:
                       Bud.......Congrats on getting the job, good luck with it! :thumbsup:
                       Eddie.....Best wishes to your BIL, I hope he has a speedy recovery.  :flex: Good going on the hook ups. :clap:
                       Marv.......I'm glad that you and Jo got the rest of your hunting area ready for your deer season, I hope the
              drizzle ends so you can get the day in!
                       Wally......What a beautiful day yesterday for a bike ride, how was the barn feast?
                       Yesterday I went over to MW's to make a minor repair on his wood processor, my #2 son was there with his tractor
              loading up sawdust in MW's dump truck to get out of the way. Then Mw got a call from his partner in the pig raising that
              he couldn't go and get pig feed, so MW asked if I would take a ride with him that he needed help loading it. We got in his truck
              and preceded to drive, I didn't know that we were going 40 miles to a farm near the Vermont boarder. The get a really good
              deal on the feed from this guy! In the end I didn't get any firewood yesterday, still waiting for 4 more loads!
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out wetting a line!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9981 on: Sep 25, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Morning all,

WS....hope the rain lets up o you can get your day in  :)  much too hot here for deer hunting also  :(   the goose story cracked me up  :roflmao:

Eddie.....glad you got into a couple fish  :thumbsup:  hope your b-i-l makes out ok today

IFF.....congrats on the new job  :clap:  those temps should get the fish a bit more active  ;)

IW.....things keep going like this & you won't be needing that wood anytime soon  @)  we got caught in the big balloon fest traffic jam last year trying to leave the airport  :cookoo:  what a mess  :%$#!: 

Another 90* day here  :wacko:  where was this weather back in July & August  ???  Grocery shopping & mowing on tap today  :pinch:  can't put either one off any longer   :whistle: :woot:  at least the store will have a/c  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9982 on: Sep 25, 2017, 06:59 AM »
IW
It seems that you must like this hot weather. You are welcome to it. Only two more days of it here. I can not wait for the cool down on Wednesday. I see that the wind change to the north has finally started to move east out by WS, can not wait for it to get here. I have not gotten much of anything done out side since this heat started. The leaves need taken off the yard so I can mow again, for one last time. I hope.

Eddie
I hopeevery thing goes good for you BIL today.
There are a lot of stories about this old man. Quite a smart man. The first I knew about him, I was packing pickles off of his farm, the year I graduated from school. He ended up building a big processing plant with a lot of the equipment he invented and built him self. I did some work there when I was working for a big construction outfit. After his son took over the plant he bought some reindeer. He had one that he would lead around town, even taking it into the bank. I stopped in his office to get permission to drive in along his air strip to trap some problem beaver one day. I spent an hour or more shooting the breeze with him after I told him I had packed his pickles back in 1961.

You should see the drone videos this fall of the Coho salmon running up the river where they were first planted in Michigan back in the mid 60's. Totally packed with fish. They harvest the eggs farther up stream at a hatchery. I think it may be on Utube but I am too computer illiterate to figure out how to get it over here.

ww You should go in the meat market we shop at. In the middle of July you need a jacket as it is so cold. They have to keep it cold like there coolers as there is product setting out all over. Good meat and good prices.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9983 on: Sep 25, 2017, 08:43 AM »

Tom........I'd rather have cold so I can go ice fishing but if it's not going to be cold I'll settle for this. :woot:

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9984 on: Sep 25, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Won't take much of this for me to be wanting some Indian Summer ☺
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9985 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Good evening folks looks like most of the North Eastern U.S. is in a heat wave . Weather guessers say things will cool off by me on Thursday.
Eddie glad you had a safe trip and hooked into a few salmon. Prayers said for your BIL . The soccer game was a back and forth contest with no scoring until the second period.  Marist scored the first goal which was quickly answered by St.Bonaventure later in the second period Marist scored 2 goals to win the game 3-1 . The last goal was scored by a player from the local area hope he had family and friends at the game. It was Fall sports Senior weekend so good sized crowd present for the game. The former teammate of my nephew did not see any playing time after the game ended I saw his brother who also attends Marist and parents. I introduced myself think they were a little surprised someone knew who their son/brother was also glad to hear my nephew had adjusted well to college life.
Ice Wanderer I understand about the balloon ride not the weather to be standing in long lines. If the weather were normal in a week or two would have been nice to get an view of the Fall colors form the air
Wallyworld how was the Barn Festival ? Air conditioning is nice until you have to go back outside . ::) ;D
IFF I understand about the full/part time employment if things work for you financially go with part time. Congratulations on landing the new job. :clap: :clap:
Whopper Stopper hope you got the work day in before getting soaked. Did you receive a shotgun alarm again this morning? All the best with this season's deer hunting sounds like the "Shack" is ready to go for this year.
Old Goat hope all ia well with you and the family. How is your daughter adjusting to the college life style?
Mr. Turkey nice story about the "Old Man" .

Have a safe and pleasant evening folks.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9986 on: Sep 25, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Good evening ER's. Just a quick note to let you know my wife has been cleared to go back to work the 13th of October! It's been a long, hot summer, along with being bored out of her mind! She's excited to finally be going back to work and seeing her friends and co-workers! She has done all of her therapy and exercises no matter how uncomfortable it's been. We were at a b-day party for my MIL and she wore shorts. The scars barely show!! A couple of family friends could hardly believe that she's had both knees replaced!! You go girl!!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9987 on: Sep 25, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Evening all. First off thanks for all the well wishes, Will be clocking in at 1:00 PM.  :) 
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9988 on: Sep 26, 2017, 03:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

Congratulations Bud :thumbsup: Hope all works out! You notice my Thing is working better ;D

OS Excellent news about your wife :clap: So glad all worked out with her recovery and I hope she is able to work her way into the job without any difficulties.

mr.clen, sounds like you had an excellent time at the soccer game, sounded exciting :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the salmon Eddie! I bet the "Tug Drug" was just what the Dr ordered. Hope everything is going ok for your BIL. Thoughts and prayers sent Sir!

Wally, hope you got all the chores done yesterday. The mowing has to slow down pretty quick ???

IW sounds like you had a good ride with MW. Hope we start seeing him post again once things slow down for him :thumbsup: How is the tree business treating him?

Yesterday was a rain day here. They preached rain through the noon hour and of course by 9am it was wrapping up. Then in the afternoon it started again and we have had rain most of the night and it appears a few more hours before it will quit. I am guessing our grass will need another mowing once the sun shines later in the week. Not sure what the wet and soft yards will bring today. We might have another one off.

Best to all fishing the lakes or scratching around the brush.\ :thumbsup: Above all else, stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9989 on: Sep 26, 2017, 03:53 AM »

Good morning Marv, Good morning ER's,
                          It's 70* and clear here on my hill with another awesome day a head!
                          Marv.......MW has taken down a few trees, he went out and bought some climbing gear, he had to take
                 down a couple of trees that would hit a house or a garage no matter what direction he tried to fall the tree. He
                 really needs more help, at this point his wife is the ground crew, she is only about 5'2 and weighs about 100 lbs.
                 a tough woman. My wife and I don't know how she does it and take care of a family! :flex:
                          Bud........Good luck with the start of your new job! :thumbsup:
                          OS..........I'm glad to hear that your wife is all healed up and ready to go back to work :clap:
                          Wally.......Yesterday was a good day to do yard work, I mowed mine, I don't think mine will slow down
                 anytime soon. :whistle:
                          Today I have Directv coming to relocate my satellite dish from the roof of my house to my new woodshed,
                 in the past I've had snow and ice build up and I would loose signal. I would have to put a ladder up and drag out
                 a garden hose and spray the dish and melt the snow away. On my woodshed I should be able to reach it with a
                 broom or not have any build up at all!
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.