Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Sep 22, 2017, 10:12 AM
MyFishFinder.com
Just like iceshanty but warmer

Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 235308 times)

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict

Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9840 on: Sep 05, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,

WS......aawwww too bad about the chicken  :'(  and the lost post    :%$#!:  hope you have an easy day in the jungle  ;D

Eddie.....rode up to Pulaski yesterday, didn't see too much happening  :-\  stopped at the hatchery only 4 or 5 fish up there so far  :( guess it's a little early yet

MrC.....glad you had a nice visit at your sister's  :clap:  that's great the train is so easy for your nephew, bet that makes mom & dad happy  ;)

IFF....had the same message on my laptop a while back  >:(  no I didn't call either  ;D

TT.....sounds like some real idiots you deal with  :cookoo:  don't know how you keep things under control around them  :blink:

IW.....hope you had a good weekend in Maine, safe travels home  :)

Rainy day here, have some errands to take care of & a couple appointments, not much else happening today.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #9841 on: Sep 05, 2017, 06:44 AM »
Light rain this morning and some rain in the forecast for the next 3/4 days. Took a ride down to the launch yesterday and it was a real zoo. Lots of boats going in for the day and just as many coming out for the season.
The sun was a big red ball in the sky this morning after it came up.
Have to take the dog (Scout) in for a grooming this morning.
Everyone have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9842 on: Sep 05, 2017, 07:38 AM »
I woke up to rain on the roof around 4 this morning. I got up to check the radar. The whole lower was covered in rain. When I got back up a little after 7 it was 99% gone. Can not win for losing. It did look like the guy that shares the dock with us was able to get his monster toon off of the sand with the big motor on his toon. Maybe with him weighing around 300 lbs and standing on the back of the toon helped.

Lazy day yesterday seeing no one else worried about the launch neither did we. About all I did was caulk around the trim I put on the new service door I installed a while back. When it sets up good I can put the final coat of paint on and be done with it. I am putting a bunch of ant poison on the bottom of the casing as ants are what destroyed the original door

WS I know all about losing posts. I have lost my share. I have become very careful that I do not go looking for some ones post to reply to it. If it is out side of what shows when I scroll down I open a new window to look for it. If you click off of where your post is being typed and then come back, the post is lost. On another site I have found that even if I think that I made a post and did not that the post will still be there waiting to be posted if I go looking to see what happened.

The fires out west are really getting bad, endangering a lot of homes and communities. It is too bad that Texas can not send them all of the flood waters there in the form of rain. The other day they could smell the smoke from the Canadian fires in southern Michigan.

IFF I wish that some computer geek would come up with a way to blow up the computers that are being used to make all of the robo calls we are getting. Being able to use a local looking call on our caller ID  gets us sucked into them too often.

OldSailor

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9843 on: Sep 05, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Tom, we had a cold front come through overnight along with t-storms out of the northwest, and I could smell the smoke down here!!! Everyone have a good day at whatever you're doing! I've got today off as a comp day for working Saturday!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9844 on: Sep 05, 2017, 08:16 AM »
Good Morning ER's going to be highs in the sixties today. It does feel like fall is near here. The fishing is getting better and in 2 weeks it should get hot. My daughter is off to college and already made some new friends. Someone fell off the cliffs and died where we were camping last weekend. Hope all are doing well have a great short week.

mr.clean

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9845 on: Sep 05, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Greetings rain falling currently tomorrow is forecasted to be similar. It is convenient  that train is close to my nephew's college and that he does not have to go through Penn. Station to get home.
IFF enjoy the gathering of former Gander Mountain employees on Saturday. The Microsoft voice gremlin has visited me a few times  so far I have been able to turn off and restart my computer without any problems. May the wildfires out your way get controlled before to make damage is done and smoke problems get worse.
Eddie thank you for the link about Labor day interesting to read. I agree about North Korea may diplomacy win out over military action.
Whopper Stopper those computer gremlins can be a pain . May all go smoothly with the meat pole replacement do not want to loose any meat to wildlife. Hopefully the BBQ chicken will be on the menu before to long.
Mr. Turkey may the west and your area get rain soon to help put out the wildfires and raise the water level at your lake.
Old Goat nice to read your daughter is having a good adjustment to college life. Sad to read about the death at our camping spot.
Ice Wanderer hope you came home today weather forecast does not look like good driving conditions for most of the North East tomorrow. I will have to check your post to see how things went on your trip.

Have a pleasant evening folks.
Steve

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9846 on: Sep 06, 2017, 12:55 AM »
Drats, missed, not enough light.  Will have to wait em out.
Bud

masoneddie

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9847 on: Sep 06, 2017, 03:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Overcast and 57* this am, that will be today's high here as well. Rain coming in around 7am...wish we could send it West.

Bud..hope your next shot connected!  ;D  Think it's time for a 2nd Annual Mouse Harvest down at the shop as well, thanks for the motivation!!   :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  Steve...your welcome about the article, I was just curious how Labor Day originated. Hope things are going well at the store and with your move.   :thumbsup:
  OG..best wishes to your daughter with college, glad to hear things are going well for her so far! Sorry to hear of that fatality where you were hiking.
  Mike..hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday...was it Yuengling time?   ;D
  Wally...thanks for the info on Salmon River, read a report they had a small push of fish on Sunday...won't be long now.
  Marv..hope you and the crew had a good day yesterday, was wondering if the boss was going to coax you into working Thursday for having Monday off. Have a safe day today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..I'll have to check in at coffee break to see how your trip was....welcome back!   :thumbsup:

We spent the day inside doing demo on a large terrazzo floor, it's about a 4,000 sq.ft total area being removed and replaced....believe we'll be on that the rest of this week.
  Rains held off yesterday until early afternoon and then it pounded for the drive home.
  Got to get on the road earlier now to get a parking spot, seems other workers are sick of paying the $10/day parking and have decided to park where a few of us do.    Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!
   Boss Spoons

Whopper Stopper

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

« Reply #9848 on: Sep 06, 2017, 03:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Bud, best set up some flood lights for after hour customers ;D

Eddie did you find out if you will be doing some indoor work for the next few days? Wishing you an extra special "Hump Day" Sir! :thumbsup:

Wally, hope the weather turns sunny for you :thumbsup: seems like the rain has hung around a lot for you this year :%$#!:

Welcome home IW :clap: Can't wait to hear about your trip. Hope you can share a fish story or two.

mr.clean glad to hear all is well on your part of the map. Is your new place filling up?

We have a new "Green Horn" this year that seems obsessed with "Tats" Very hard to comprehend the money that he puts into ink. Yesterday we had a bunch of brush that needed dragging out and one of the guys asked him to help. He said "I sure would, but I have to be very careful not to scratch my Tats"  That was the wrong answer :whistle:

Time for me to get a Bologna mustard sandwich built and head on out to the Buick. Yesterday we all wore heavier sweatshirts and it felt great! Today should be the same except more wind.

Best of luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Stay safe!

Good Morning Eddie! You beat me again ;D

WS

OldSailor

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9849 on: Sep 06, 2017, 03:45 AM »
Good morning ER's!! To answer your question Eddie, I sent summer off with a nice Yuengling salute!  ;) I hope everyone has a great day at whatever they choose to do!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

• Looking for ice
« Reply #9850 on: Sep 06, 2017, 05:21 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, OS, ER's,
                             It's 55* and cloudy here on my hill, it's nice to be home! We had a good weekend at camp up in Maine.
                  We went there to put a new roof on an addition that was put on last, the one guy I rode up with brought up some
                  lumber and the owner of the camp brought up some metal roofing. We had the work done in about 4 hours on Sunday.
                  Then my friend that I rode up with went Trout fishing the fishing rules for this time of year aren't fisherman friendly, we
                  were only allowed 1 Trout a day per person. We fished for about an hour and caught 30 or so but we didn't keep any.
                  We also did some scouting for deer and found a few spots that show a lot of sign, but that's 2 months away. The weather
                  cooperated for us, it did rain but from about 7:30 Sunday night till around 5 am Monday morning. There two other camps
                  in the area that the owners came up with their wives, the invited us down Sunday night for dinner, I bought up some ribs
                  that MW gave me to contribute to the array of food. It was a good time by all! In our travels we found a camp that was
                  ravished by a bear, the owner has a lot of work on his hands, we found a magazine with his name and address on it and
                  one of the other camps owners is going to contact him to give him the heads up!
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or at play.

IW

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9851 on: Sep 06, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Jeff sounds like your hunt camp trip turned out well

I was relieved of Rat patrol by a jet black cat, have never seen it before.  For some reason when the rats get behind the plexiglass of the feeder, and hit with my spotlight they freeze, not so when they are on the open deck  :unsure:   The waiting game continues.

Taking boat out this morning is still a possibility  :unsure:  a cool 50* out but should warm up nicely.

That hurricane Irma looks pretty mean  :woot:

Bud

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #9852 on: Sep 06, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Evening all,

IW.....glad to hear you had a good weekend in Maine  :clap:

WS....it is amazing how extreme some people get with the tats  :o :o  I've always been either too drunk or too sober to sit and let someone draw on me with a needle & ink  :pinch: :woot:  yes we have definitely had our fair share of rain this year  :blink:  getting pretty sick of it  :-\ 

Eddie....looks like rain for the rest of the week  :wacko: next week looks brighter tho  ;)  still can't get over the parking fees you deal with down there  :cookoo:

IFF.....hope you got out on the water this morning, 50* sounds like a great start to the day  :thumbsup:

OG....glad to hear your daughter is getting settled in ok  :clap:  sad to hear of the climbing accident  :'(

TT.....sure wish I could ship some of this rain your way  ;)

H2L.....getting in on the fishing tourney Saturday  ???  weather looks to be nice  @)

Decided since it was raining to make a run to hunting camp today. We forgot to set the date & time when we put them up  :cookoo:  Pulled the sd cards, had almost 700 pictures between the 4 cameras in 11 days  :o :o  lots of does & fawns, but a few bucks too  :thumbsup: hopefully MrWW gets a decent shot this year  :flex:

Have a good night, hope it's a relaxing one. Stay safe.

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #9853 on: Sep 06, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Oh yeah, had a few shots like this one too on one camera  :roflmao: :woot: :laugh: :blink:

Not sure when the season opens on them  ??? ;D

Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

« Reply #9854 on: Sep 06, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Wont taste like venison but sure would fill the freezer....... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...

Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9855 on: Sep 06, 2017, 10:27 PM »
WW nice trail cam shots  Think better let the Black and White one walk on  My get up and go. said no, to many cob webs in the way So just took it easy, and recharge my battery. ::)

Will see how I feel after the Rat patrol, put up a white background where I figure I might see one. ;D  That is if the Cat patrol hasn't beat me to them.
Bud

hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #9856 on: Sep 08, 2017, 07:26 AM »
We are back. Cool this morning. Not sure if I am going to fish the contest on Sat. but I might fish. They have a big Sand Island blast on Sat and it makes for a lot of boat traffic. After that the boats will be gone and the fishermen/women can have the lake back for a couple weeks....h2l
Northville, NY

tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9857 on: Sep 08, 2017, 09:19 AM »
I am glad to see IS is back up so my withdrawl did not get any worse.

We did get some off and on rain yesterday. I have not checked the rain gauge yet to see how much. Not enough to help the lake much that is for sure.

We spent a lot of yesterday making pickle relish. We should have it all finished by tomorrow morning.

I had a friend over yesterday to try and help me find out what the problem was with a Ford Explorer. We found that at one time their must of been a helicoil put in a spark plug hole and the plug blew out. Now what to do. Put in a new helicoil and peddle the thing I guess.

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9858 on: Sep 08, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Same here Tom, I thought there was a gremlin trapped in my laptop and about to take a big hammer to it.  Called a local that visits IS but never posts, to ask him if he could get on or if it was just me. ::)

Sleeped in this morning so will stay home and not ruffle any feathers on the Mrs.  She is expecting a call from her doctor.  Think he wants her to do a test that is not covered under Medicare.  Not sure what that is all about but know she wants me here when the call comes.  Maybe just as well, my bet is my target fish are not hungry at all.

Haven't had the news on yet to see if they can guess where/when, the hurricane is headed.  :unsure:

Her team put a big smile on her face with the win over the Pats.

Hear she is sturring so will fire up the coffee pot.

Good day to all
Bud

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #9859 on: Sep 08, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Afternoon all,

Phew.....sure glad that's over  :roflmao: :clap:  Hope we're up & running for good now  ;)

Hope everyone is doing well & is looking forward to the weekend.

Thoughts & prayers go out to those in Irma's path.  Hope your brother is hunkered down somewhere safe IW.

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved